Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Br00d Racing Motors

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Congrats for Dumas making the A-main at the 1/12 world championship using the br00d power!!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yes, Congradulations go out to Team Br00d driver Mike Dumas for making the 1/12th A-Main at the 2006 IFMAR world Championships!

Mike finished 6th overall using Team Br00d horsepower and Pure Energy IB4200SHV cells, in his Speedmerchant Rev 4.5
Old 07-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello peter and eddio

I just received the new bms alignment bar and i have couple questions.

it seems the bar is bent a little bit or slightly tiled to one side. I can see the metal stress mark on the alignment bar . this is in laydwon configuration.

the bar that goes into the top's bearing can not go thru the alignment bar's hole when used in stand up. but no problem with lay down.

it doesn't seems normal to me.

is it possible for an exchange?

thanks.

Ming

Last edited by aoizip; 07-06-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aoizip
Hello peter and eddio

it seems the bar is bent a little bit or slightly tiled to one side. I can see the metal stress mark on the alignment bar . this is in laydwon configuration.

the bar that goes into the top's bearing can not go thru the alignment bar's hole when used in stand up. but no problem with lay down.

thanks.

Ming
u got pm
Old 07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
u got pm
You got PMS

See ya in a Week.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hello peter and eddio

thanks.

Ming
It is possible that the bar was slightly bent in shipping. The "stress" mark you see is normal however. It is due to the drilling operation ever so slightly pushing material out. It is only a couple ten thousandths of an inch (.0001-.0002") and does not affect the performance of the bar. As far as the bar not going through the hole, try running your xacto blade around the hole a couple passes. It probably has a slight burr on it. I tried to get them all, and I checked every part. But who knows..
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi PitCrew.

both side of hole were very tight in stand up. after some close inspection, the bar were actually bent. i also put the bar on the flat table, if you press one end of the bar, the bar will tilt up at other end.

Im not usually that picky about it, i just think this one is a defective one due to some condition.

Garret:

you got pm.. thank you for the help

~Ming
Old 07-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

hi PitCrew.

both side of hole were very tight in stand up. after some close inspection, the bar were actually bent. i also put the bar on the flat table, if you press one end of the bar, the bar will tilt up at other end.

Im not usually that picky about it, i just think this one is a defective one due to some condition.

Garret:

you got pm.. thank you for the help

~Ming
you are not picky, it is a precision tool and needs to be precise! send it back and we will send you a new one.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

What is happening with the missing items in order #1027!?!?!??!?!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

hi. i run a Brood 9x2 Ti (I think - the one with the standup brushes)

the timing is at 1.5notches.

the track i run at is a open long track. over 40meter straight. (prob a 8 turn would be more approriate)

I am runing 24mm roll out.

I found that after 1 run that the comm is all scuffed. and can hardly finish the run coz it gets scuffed up so bad. infact it runs slower than my stock motor.

I give it a fresh cut before i go out. I have tried xxx brushes and still no good.

I have tried 25mm roll out to 23mm rollout without any success.

anyone can help me figure what may be wrong or i can try?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Regional Moderator

gearing questions are very hard to answer. Let's start with
What rollout are others running at this track?
Are others running this type motor?
If they are, What timing are they using?
It seems you have tried gearing changes without success.
Try reducing the timing to 12deg. That's 1 notch. IF that still shows the problem try the other way and go to higher timing.
Hope that helps

Originally Posted by qwerty
hi. i run a Brood 9x2 Ti (I think - the one with the standup brushes)

the timing is at 1.5notches.

the track i run at is a open long track. over 40meter straight. (prob a 8 turn would be more approriate)

I am runing 24mm roll out.

I found that after 1 run that the comm is all scuffed. and can hardly finish the run coz it gets scuffed up so bad. infact it runs slower than my stock motor.

I give it a fresh cut before i go out. I have tried xxx brushes and still no good.

I have tried 25mm roll out to 23mm rollout without any success.

anyone can help me figure what may be wrong or i can try?
Old 07-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default X-Motors

New Stock X-Motors are in stock!!!!!!

X-Motors
Old 07-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys... just getting back into electric after a long while away. Forgive me for the question... but is there a large difference in buying a tuned motor, vs an out of the box motor? Im looking at the KD 19t for offroad... I have heard these things scream out of the box even!!

What brushes are reccomended for this motor after purchase?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Matched IB4200 SHV!

We now have the Super Stock & Super Mod grades of IB4200 SHV cells available for purchase on the website. Get em quick.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Hey guys... just getting back into electric after a long while away. Forgive me for the question... but is there a large difference in buying a tuned motor, vs an out of the box motor? Im looking at the KD 19t for offroad... I have heard these things scream out of the box even!!

What brushes are reccomended for this motor after purchase?
IMO, they are normally better.

But what's nicer is this... when you buy your motor out of the box there is a chance you'll get a dud motor. But when you purchase a motor from a tuner you're going to get a good motor. The motors still all have different levels of excellence, but the weakest motor that a tuner is going to send you is still going to be as good as the average motor out of the box. Also, getting your motor from a tuner takes out the guess work of you playing with your motor to ensure that its performing optimally. The tuner should make sure you have motors set to the proper springs for the environment you are running in. ie. a 1/12th scale 19T will be tuned differently from a Truck 19T. So if the tuner doesn't ask you what class you are running the motor in, run the other way.

For the KD, F Brushes and 767's seem to be the most popular choices. The F Brushes tend to have better wear and last longer. In my experience, F-Brushes have a little less torque, so run them 1 tooth less then 767's.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.