Wiki Posts
Search

Team Br00d Racing Motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Kinda what I thought.

Tim,

Use the KR arm in the V2 can. I have some checkpoint "Platinum" brushes that i can sand down to fit in the v2 tubes. It won't be easy but it can be done. Then use the fuzzy brush to cut the correct shape into the face, and you're off with long wear brushes in the v2 can!!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:11 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by PitCrew

Yeah, the reedy brushes are way to expensive. I would just go with the cheaper alternative= xxx brush.
Maybe you don`t realize just how much longer the Reedy will go compared to the XXX ?
The Reedy can run rite down to a nub, just won`t dry out or burn....
Old 11-27-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Well, that may be true. I haven't ever had a pair of xxx brushes in a motor that long to find out.

I have never burned a xxx brush in any motor. I have changed them though to maintain performance due to lack of spring pressure when they get shorter....

I have heard that the reedy brush may be easier on the comm though. I haven't run a set.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EddieO
I heard something funny today....

That our center-cut armatures are nothing more than a copy of the DC Motorsports Ultra-Lite arms....heh, thats funny.

Cuts down the center of an armature has been going on since the 80's....they rarely were used because of the loss in runtime....

As we got higher capacity batteries, companies started messing with things again....namely armatures cut down the center.... ORION used these armatures with great success at the 2004 IFMAR Onroad World Championships......

So, if anyone deserves credit to bringing them back to the market, it would be Orion.....

I can show ya pics from Big Jim that were dated back in like 2002 with a center cut armature (he also milled them horizonantly too).......

Keep the trash talk at home......nobody cares who had it first, especially in this case when its not even true...

Later EddieO
There not copies, they are Dc arms.. Curtis from DC is who winds all of team broods arms.. as well as many other companies arms..

Im curious because in previous posts you have stated you have certain winding and balancing machines in your shop. Did you meen curtis's shop???
Old 11-27-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Are you kidding me??

Curtis wound a couple hundred arms over a year ago for me when peter severly burned his hand....never any since....

I will GLADLY give ya a tour of my shop any time you are up in the area....

Peter winds majority of all the stuff that goes out of here, though I do get some arms done by other outside winders.....they just wind though, the balancing and such is done at my shop....

Peter winds probably 80% of what goes out......no different than Fantom, Checkpoint, Orion, Trinity.....everyone uses outside winders....

I can GLADLY have Curtis come on here and verify it if you would like.....

And Pitcrew is the one who machines my arms.....a local guy who races and runs his own machine shop. I tried to buy the unwound ones from Curtis, but his machinist was having a hard enough time keeping up with his demand...

Again.....15318 39th Ave Marysville, WA 98271.....feel free to come check out my equipment ANY time......and feel stupid later.

Did bitter get a new account? Idiot....

Later EddieO
Old 11-27-2005, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And for the record.....

I did buy a piece of equipment from Curtis....his extra power winder....we never use it though...

He offered me his spare balancer too.....I think Don Campbell bought it....

Later EddieO
Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Later EddieO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! Thats exactly what I thought when I read it.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default DOES IT HURT

Where are you getting your info from ?

Mr Brood your my HERO!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Are you kidding me??

Curtis wound a couple hundred arms over a year ago for me when peter severly burned his hand....never any since....

I will GLADLY give ya a tour of my shop any time you are up in the area....

Peter winds majority of all the stuff that goes out of here, though I do get some arms done by other outside winders.....they just wind though, the balancing and such is done at my shop....

Peter winds probably 80% of what goes out......no different than Fantom, Checkpoint, Orion, Trinity.....everyone uses outside winders....

I can GLADLY have Curtis come on here and verify it if you would like.....

And Pitcrew is the one who machines my arms.....a local guy who races and runs his own machine shop. I tried to buy the unwound ones from Curtis, but his machinist was having a hard enough time keeping up with his demand...

Again.....15318 39th Ave Marysville, WA 98271.....feel free to come check out my equipment ANY time......and feel stupid later.

Later EddieO
Just to set the record straight. Orion is doing all motor winding in house. We experimented in the past with outside sources but they were not able to guaranteee the quality we expect in our hand wound armatures.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Who cares who winds the motors. They could have anyone wind them and they will still be TEAM BROOD MOTORS no matter how you look at it.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Mainly that the DC arms are just that DC arms.

I have done the machining on all of the lightened arms for br00d. It is a similar concept to what DC is doing, and many other motor companies have done. I have never even held a DC arm in my hand, only seen pictures on the net. I did something that was slightly different, and what the br00d guys and myself felt was different enough and maybe better.. RESULTS will tell.

I can tell you this. Peter Robinson does a hell of a hand wind. Br00d does wind almost ALL of their own stuff, and they do it to your order. Same with stock motors. I see them building them specifically to what the customer wants when they are ordered. I have never seen a bunch of built motors laying around.

Old 11-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Does it Hurt-It's people like you that show their true colors when they post THINKING they know whats going on when they dont have a clue.
What is the color of an idiot?
Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TripleX-JT
Who cares who winds the motors. They could have anyone wind them and they will still be TEAM BROOD MOTORS no matter how you look at it.
You oughta care if you run Mod! like Rick from orion said it's the quality of the wind that matters,if you don't believe it just look at some inferior wound motors and compare them to a Brood wound motor and you will see the difference,especially on the track.Out of all the so called "tuned" stock motors I've ever ran, the Broods blueprinted ran the best.All those others are now strictly practice motors.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

oh man......if we dont have a balancer then what the heck have i been doing all week?

EddieO does nothing half A$$.....we have some of the best equippment...
and like 4 of everything

if you dont think that peter winds just take a look at his hand....
Old 11-27-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper1
You oughta care if you run Mod! like Rick from orion said it's the quality of the wind that matters,if you don't believe it just look at some inferior wound motors and compare them to a Brood wound motor and you will see the difference,especially on the track.Out of all the so called "tuned" stock motors I've ever ran, the Broods blueprinted ran the best.All those others are now strictly practice motors.
Im confused on what you r trying to say. Have you read all the posts prior to mine. Im stating that who ever Team Brood has wind their motors being in house or out of house. Will be close to the same quality because all they are doing is winding. The balancing and such is done at Eddies shop. So we are probably arguing the same point, but the bottom line is no matter who winds for Eddie a Team Brood motor is still going to be a Team Brood motor when it is sent out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.