Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boss RC Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Clint (STLNLST)- How could I fry my motor & ESC if it's running at low temps?? Granted it was cooler in the afternoon, but if my temp was at 112 deg, I would assume if I ran during the day it would only be in the 140 deg range. What would you suggest my FDR would be?
Thx-John
Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Clint (STLNLST)- How could I fry my motor & ESC if it's running at low temps?? Granted it was cooler in the afternoon, but if my temp was at 112 deg, I would assume if I ran during the day it would only be in the 140 deg range. What would you suggest my FDR would be?
Thx-John
fdr depends on how much timing is being used
Old 07-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm running Spec mode on the ESC, which means 0 timing & 0 Boost. Motor timing is +10.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

then your where you need to be as long as it is fast and temp is good
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Ran your settings yesterday Nate and all I can say is "wow", the car was fast. Sorry the driver wasn't! Finished 5th, 2nd and 3rd in the three mains. I need to work on my TOP set up a little more, but Thanks again for the HP.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had a decent day yesterday on the dirt oval. TQed once again with the latemodel, this time powered by my BOSS 8.5. But I got flipped by a guy 4 laps down while leading with a lap on the field and 45 seconds to go, ended up fighting back to 2nd. My new edm problems all day, burned up a sensor in my 6.5 (not a BOSS), my mamba max pro went up in smoke on the bench, and my borrowed novak havoc 13.5 system thermalled in the main with 30 seconds to go while running 4th. Nate expect a package in the mail, I got some work for you lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Nate, please check your PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Nate, please check your PM.
Covered your PM thanks for your interest!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nate,
Just came back from racing at my local track. The track will be the site for the 2010 ROAR Asphalt Nats. I ran Spec 17.5 class today with a LRP Sphere ESC & TQ'd after 1st round. I geared your motor to 3.83 & my temps after the quals was only 139 deg!!!!! My second run the sensor cable got cut, so I had to pull over. We ran 2 qualifiers, & in the Main i came in 2nd. I think some were running ramping on their ESC You can really see the speed difference. We had some time to practice after the races & I switched to my updated Tekin RS on v208. Ran the same gearing & WOW!!!!! A totally different BEAST! I was keeping up with guys running ramping ESC. At this time it was cooler & at the end of my run the temp on the motor was 112 deg.!!!! I'm ready for the Nats!!! Thanks for a great motor!
That's great news man. Bring the PAIN! Any questions you have while your out at the track please feel free to give me a call! Number is on website www.bossRCmotorsports.com
Originally Posted by ldewitt51
Nate. Locked Up the points race for this year on the oval!!

5 races, 5 TQ's, 5 Wins, New Track Record!!
That's what I'm talking about Lance, go get it done! Oh wait you did already! Bet your itching for some carpet racing!
Originally Posted by AOD
Ran your settings yesterday Nate and all I can say is "wow", the car was fast. Sorry the driver wasn't! Finished 5th, 2nd and 3rd in the three mains. I need to work on my TOP set up a little more, but Thanks again for the HP.
Hey sounds like you still did well even with a lacking chassis setup! Your welcome for that HP man let me know how things go once you dial that chassis in!

Originally Posted by Revlimit
Had a decent day yesterday on the dirt oval. TQed once again with the latemodel, this time powered by my BOSS 8.5. But I got flipped by a guy 4 laps down while leading with a lap on the field and 45 seconds to go, ended up fighting back to 2nd. My new edm problems all day, burned up a sensor in my 6.5 (not a BOSS), my mamba max pro went up in smoke on the bench, and my borrowed novak havoc 13.5 system thermalled in the main with 30 seconds to go while running 4th. Nate expect a package in the mail, I got some work for you lol.
REVLIMIT don't worry about the bad days always remember the good ones! Spoke with you over the phone you know what to do, send it out buddy I'll take care of it!
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had another good day on the dirt oval. Qualified third for latemodel and got the win finally. I have had the fastest car for three weeks but i keep running into problems. My edm was runnin awesome really fast low in the corners and almost just as fast up high. But the little things got me again. While battling for the lead with 30 seconds to go the screws came out of my Servo mount on the left side. But it was a great day of tuning for the biggest race of the year on my schedule, the KDOC. Hopefully I will be able to bring home some more trophies for BOSS.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi Nathan,

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks.

John
Old 08-03-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
It was good seeing all the TOP shirts at the race this weekend at Jackson. Would of liked to see a couple more that planned to attend but stuff happens.

The car worked awesome for me all weekend long and allowed me to TQ and win both 13.5 and Mod against a good field. I ran a similar setup that I posted on here about 3 months ago, but I can post it again if anyone is interested.

Hey Larry, Just purchased one of the Boss 17.5 Motors,Ceramic, Fan combo . Would you mind sharing your settings on your tekin and spur/pinion you run on your photon. The track I'll be running on is about the same size as Jackson. Will your 13.5 settings work ok with a 17.5? Also timing on motor. thanks.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nate- I had EJ run my BOSS 17.5 in his Photon & he got right off the bat the fastest lap in one of his qualifiers. I could not get the speed I wanted in a non-ramping setup, so I decied to let EJ get the best out of this motor in a ramping setup. Thanks for a great motor!

John
Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Nate- I had EJ run my BOSS 17.5 in his Photon & he got right off the bat the fastest lap in one of his qualifiers. I could not get the speed I wanted in a non-ramping setup, so I decied to let EJ get the best out of this motor in a ramping setup. Thanks for a great motor!

John
John - What FDR where u running and with what speedo? Was this at the nats in TC?

If it's TC with a Tekin running 208 no timing I'd say you'd need to have Max motor physical timing and a high 3 or low 4 FDR
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes this was at the ROAR Nats. I ran with the Tekin 208 Spec Class Profile. My FDR was 3.91. I can try with the same gearing I used with the other brand motor I ran, which was 3.74 & see if I get the same results. The Nats is over now, so I will run my BOSS motor with ramping using Nate's setup he sent me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.