Search
Like Tree63Likes

Team ORCA USA Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackout
Better than most of the current TX motors, maybe not as good as the first TXs. I find it likes a lot of timing (just short of the plus mark) and I'm gearing around 3.8 on a relatively small track (80ft straight).
I read the bottom bearing is larger, but not sure if that is ID or just the OD? I saw it comes with a 12.4 rotor, but if the ID of the bottom bearing is larger none of the HT rotors will fit?
Old 11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I read the bottom bearing is larger, but not sure if that is ID or just the OD? I saw it comes with a 12.4 rotor, but if the ID of the bottom bearing is larger none of the HT rotors will fit?
No the motor is made at a different factory and none of the TX parts or rotors will fit it.

EA
Old 11-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackout
Better than most of the current TX motors, maybe not as good as the first TXs. I find it likes a lot of timing (just short of the plus mark) and I'm gearing around 3.8 on a relatively small track (80ft straight).
How is that a lot of timing if the TX motors liked to be 1.5 to 2mm past the last + mark?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
How is that a lot of timing if the TX motors liked to be 1.5 to 2mm past the last + mark?
The + mark on the can means nothing really. You can't compare the timing marks from one motor to another.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I would not advise going much past the + sign on the RX motor. It has a lot more timing built into it than the TX did.

EA
Old 11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Since I got my motolyser I've learned the markings on the motors don't mean anything at all except the relative settings on that particular motor. Even on motors of the same brand the timing can vary a lot even with the same settings on the end bell.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Ok so I have been running my Orca's VXX now in blinky now for awhile and they are great. I put together a mod car and have tried to set up esc for that. I was given a setup sheet and programmed esc but the issue is it is not ramping or boosting up. I thought it was a sensor wire thing so that has been changed several times to no luck. Then I swapped out the motor and same issue. For mod you only mess with settings in modify mode? Or do you adjust anything in stock mode as well? Both program box and esc are 4.1ver. Below is my setup.

Basic:
Running mode=Forward/brake
Battery=Lipo
Cutoff Voltage=Middle
Overheat=Off
Neutral range=6%

Modify mode:
Timing start=40%
Timing=0%
Timing Interval=+3
Turbo Delay=0.06
Turbo Timing=14%
Turbo Interval=+3
Drag Brake=10
Initial Brake=3%
Brake Freq=2k
Punch=3
PWN=32%

This is Hagbergs setup I was given by EA. So I don't know if I setup anything in Stock mode or if there is something else Im supposed to do. Any thoughts?
This setup is basically a blinky mode with 14deg of turbo at the end of a long straight.

if you want some boost on the infield, you need to add value to the timing.
and add that value to the turbo equally.

ie: change timing to 10 and turbo timing to 24
Old 11-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Ran both motors on the Motolyser tonight:
Gen1 TX 2mm past last mark on scale = 53deg
RX3 1mm short of plus symbol = 60deg
Old 11-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stikman
This setup is basically a blinky mode with 14deg of turbo at the end of a long straight.

if you want some boost on the infield, you need to add value to the timing.
and add that value to the turbo equally.

ie: change timing to 10 and turbo timing to 24
Exactly its like blinky mode. I changed what you suggested and it still made no difference. I was hopeful for a minute. I might try and set everything to default again and start over. With a 4.5 I should have been spinning the rubber off the tires on a bench test but its about the same speed as my 17.5 blinky.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I would load the default program from the program card then adjust from there. I was told that's like reloading the firmware?
Old 11-11-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Exactly its like blinky mode. I changed what you suggested and it still made no difference. I was hopeful for a minute. I might try and set everything to default again and start over. With a 4.5 I should have been spinning the rubber off the tires on a bench test but its about the same speed as my 17.5 blinky.
What size track are you running Mod on? If your motor sounds like a 17.5 free wheeling somethings a miss, especially with a 4.5.

Set the timing on the motor to 0 or +5, 1 tick above zero. Gear around 8.2-8.4 FDR. Use timing if there's some long shoots on the infield, if not don't.

Like I mentioned in my post a few days ago. Turbo Timing only functions when your throttle is recognized to be at 98%+, if not you'll never see it. Make sure the ESC is seeing 100% throttle.

Using just turbo timing is good for tighter infields and you just want some extra speed on the straight.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Odin544
I would load the default program from the program card then adjust from there. I was told that's like reloading the firmware?
Might just do it tomorrow. thx

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
What size track are you running Mod on? If your motor sounds like a 17.5 free wheeling somethings a miss, especially with a 4.5.

Set the timing on the motor to 0 or +5, 1 tick above zero. Gear around 8.2-8.4 FDR. Use timing if there's some long shoots on the infield, if not don't.

Like I mentioned in my post a few days ago. Turbo Timing only functions when your throttle is recognized to be at 98%+, if not you'll never see it. Make sure the ESC is seeing 100% throttle.

Using just turbo timing is good for tighter infields and you just want some extra speed on the straight.
Im geared at 8.4 right now. Just bench test so far and know something isn't quite right. Headed to the track Saturday. Big track 100+ straight. Motor is at 0*
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Might just do it tomorrow. thx

Im geared at 8.4 right now. Just bench test so far and know something isn't quite right. Headed to the track Saturday. Big track 100+ straight. Motor is at 0*
did you rebind the ESC to the radio? sound like you do not get a full throttle
Old 11-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stikman
did you rebind the ESC to the radio? sound like you do not get a full throttle
Yes I rebinded radio several times. I still don't know how else to calibrate radio to 100% if EPA is at 100% throttle what more can I do?

Going into garage now to start messing with it again.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You've rebinded it, but have you recalibrated it?

Luke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.