Pro-match Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

THX PMRGirl for the order today...

Got to love ordering batteries form PMR cuz:
1. Tell her what I want.
2. She tells me what she has available and the price.
3. Gave me a couple of choices after she asked what kind a car I'll be using.
4. She makes sure the packs are built the way I want.
5. Has my info on file.
6. Which shipping I want and how much I'm willing to pay.
7. Order placed.

It took twice as long to type this than the actual phone call....
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yeah, it is as painless and convenient as it gets... She looks out for us to be sure we get the best that is available.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Order Up.....

Nova- Your order shipped today.....Thank you for the kind words, I like to pretend I know what you guys want.

Promatchrcr- Your second order also shipped today. Yeah yeah and thank you too for the nice words
Old 08-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Just ordered some IB's!

Hi PMGIRL,
I ordered 3 sets of the monthly specials. I'm looking forward to trying them.
Have you sent them out yet?
I also have a question, one set of EP's that I bought for my son overheated bad, started to swell up. Not sure what caused the problem. Should I ship them back so you can take a look to see what happend. My son said he discharged them and equalized them before charging, so I don't know if he is at fault or just a couple of bad cells!
Let me know what to do!
Thanks!
Max V.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
Nova- Your order shipped today.....Thank you for the kind words, I like to pretend I know what you guys want.

Promatchrcr- Your second order also shipped today. Yeah yeah and thank you too for the nice words
Thanks!! Yeah I wish you could have defended yourself when I called because I knew Jeff would get a laugh out of it since you couldn't talk!! Are you feeling better?
Old 08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default what did I miss

maxepower- Your order shipped yesterday As far as that other pack go to
http://www.promatchracing.com/policies.php and under warranty/returns we have a return request form you can fill out and send back with your pack.

promatchrcr- hmmm...what did I need to defend myself on? If I had to guess I would have to say something to the effect of how nice and quiet it was around the shop when I was unable to talk. I am feeling much better, thank you.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default hello

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I can hear crickets in here so I hope there is some good racing going on to report next week!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I wanted to see if there was any information about cells over 4200? Are they coming to the US? Are they going to be reliable?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

are the EP4200 better than the Ib 4200 as in lasting longer not run time but longivity(spelling????)
Old 08-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh short
are the EP4200 better than the Ib 4200 as in lasting longer not run time but longivity(spelling????)
I can tell you from my experience, the EP do lst longer as far as longevity. i urchased my cells about 5-6 months ago and they are still are stong and also on my ctx-d2 all the light still go out fairly close together
Old 08-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Erika,

did you see the news for the iic? only 4200.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Suggestion BOX!

Both me and my son ran the EP's and the IB's this weekend and had plenty of power. My son finished 5th in the "A" main at the TCS Nationals. Because of a al coulple of bobbles it kept him off the podium. As for me 2nd in the "C" main but not because of a lack of power.
I do have one concern that I think Promatch should seriously look at! All seven set of our batteries were soldered by you and 6 out of the seven all had issues of battery bars coming disconnected. Out of those six more that two of the individual cells joints failed. There may have been one or two that could have come loose from hitting a dot, but none of them were hard hits. I re- soldered all the seven sets and have not had any problems since. Please take what I say not as a bad mouthing of your product, just as a constructive comment.
I want to continue buying batteries from Promatch but I don't think I will buy them soldered anymore until I get some conformation that you have made serious changes in the soldering process!
In closing I would like to mention I have been a customer for several years and hope to continue purchasing your product. Please take these comments with an open mind!
Thank you!
Max V.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default Open Mind

Max- We have had some "problems" with joints not holding. We have addressed the issue and take it very seriously. Any minor variance in the process makes a huge difference, we have made sure that all techs are aware. We are in no way offended. I can't fix something if I don't know it's broke. We greatly appreciate your loyalty to our company and hope to continue to provide you with EXCELLENT ASSEMBLED BATTERIES!!!

Josh- The EP's and IB's are cells the each have their own niche in the R/C market. If lifespan is what you are looking for that is definately in the EP cells.

Andy- There are several companies coming out with higher milliamp cells. We are in the testing phase with a few of them and when we make a definite decision we will post it on the web-site.

theisgroup- that is actually very good news, for lots and lots of reasons.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PMRgirl, thank you for the 3 packs I got from you... They were clearly a step up from my old packs... Nice to have 5 minutes of consistent power froma battery pack...

Now the bad news.... The packs were so good some decided to take 1 pack home from my pit table...

I should have been watching my area better... The racers that pitted around me didn't see anything happen and I race with these guys every weekend. I had the new DB12R from DMI and just about everyone who was at the race ( ROAR Resgion 2 onroad Electric race ) stopped by to see the new 12 scale car... It was my own fault for not keeping a neater pit area....

But thats my own fault, the packs are great.. I even read the instructions and followed them... So I'll be placing another order before the Birds in January but this time I'll order them early.....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl

Andy- There are several companies coming out with higher milliamp cells. We are in the testing phase with a few of them and when we make a definite decision we will post it on the web-site.

Sounds great, what type of timeframe before you decide on a cell direction?Thanks for the information and the fast response!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.