Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Dan,

I finally got my packs! They were wih the customs for some time.

The numbers of my race-packs look great! Thanks!

I will be using them this sunday and will let you know how they did!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Finally got to put my packs to use against someone other than myself tonight...truckloads of punch. I was a little slower (gotta get a new motor), but had the definite, measurable, advantage out of the tight corners. If only you guys sold anti-crash spray too...

Wahoo for Team Fuku

Dan- I'm still working on that thing. I'll keep you posted.

-dave
Old 10-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

DAn,

I have more discharging questions...

I discharged my pack on my 16x7 at 30 amps, and it stops right about 5.4 volts. If I hook up my volt meter to the pack, in less then 1 second after the load is removed, the pack is up over 7 volts.

Each cell is just about 1.2 volts. So I stick the pack on the tray, and let the blubs burn. Finally the first bulb starts to dim, and I read the voltage across that cell, and it reads about 9.5 volts. The second I take the blub out, WAM.. 1.2 volts.

If I let a cell get down to .4 volts With the load, it reads .9 withOUT the load. So where are these cells supposed to be?

.9 with 1.2 without?
or
.4 with .9 without?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Holycow

I would take th bulb off when the cell is 0.9 under load. They will ALWAYS pop back up to 1.2, they are supposed to do that.

Voltage is the potential, Current is the flow. You will always have voltage, just nothing behind it.

So they should be0.9 with the bulb in and 1.2 with it out.

If you unscrew the bulb when it goes out, it will come back up to 1.2. Wait a while and screw it back in, it will go out quite fast. The bulb only draws 1/4 to 1/2 amp. If one went out first, then the tray is doing what it should and your pack will perform better because all cells will be in unicen.

When I set up a 4 cyl bank of carbs on a motorcycle, the throttle comes nice and crisp because all are working together. Same thing with batteries.

David Root
Old 10-23-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

IR number

Maj. Teeth,

Got the batteries... they are great, picked up 2 laps!

Have a question, on the IR numbers is it Actual or Relative?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by holycow
I have more discharging questions...

I discharged my pack on my 16x7 at 30 amps, and it stops right about 5.4 volts. If I hook up my volt meter to the pack, in less then 1 second after the load is removed, the pack is up over 7 volts.
Voltage bounce. Batteries that have been discharged quickly do it, along with capacitors. It's an artifact of the chemicstry used in the cell and the discharge rate. It's normal, don't worry about it

Each cell is just about 1.2 volts. So I stick the pack on the tray, and let the blubs burn. Finally the first bulb starts to dim, and I read the voltage across that cell, and it reads about .95 volts. The second I take the blub out, WAM.. 1.2 volts.
Yup. Like I said, it's normal.

If I let a cell get down to .4 volts With the load, it reads .9 withOUT the load. So where are these cells supposed to be?

.9 with 1.2 without?
or
.4 with .9 without?
The generally accepted version is to discharge them to 0.9V in the tray and remove them, and they'll bounce back to 1.x V. (0.9 and 1.2 without)Be aware that the 1.2V you measured was unloaded.

As NiMH cells discharge, they lose their ability to supply voltage under load, but not their ability to supply voltage open-circuit. When they get discharged, this is the kind fo behavior you can expect.

-dave
Old 10-23-2003, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: IR number

Originally posted by schdp
Have a question, on the IR numbers is it Actual or Relative?
I'm pretty sure they're actual, but I'll defer to someone from Team Fuku to confirm that.

-dave
Old 10-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

schdp,

Its Relative.

Dan
Old 10-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

I compromised and took them down to .7 under load, and like 1. with no load. Ill take them down .9 on the blulbs from now on and ignore what they do afterwards.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by holycow
I compromised and took them down to .7 under load, and like 1. with no load. Ill take them down .9 on the blulbs from now on and ignore what they do afterwards.
do what you can Bran, and I'll work with you this Sunday to try to squeeze every little ounce of voltage juice out of those batteries for you.

Dan

P.S. Oh, that goes for all the Fukuyama owners.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth

P.S. Oh, that goes for all the Fukuyama owners.

Me me me next...hehe
Old 10-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

I finally got a chance to build the two packs of cells (1.174v upgrade deal) that arrived two Sat's ago. Actually, I was just about to leave for a race that Sat when the Fedex guy pulls up and hands me the package from Fukuyama. That was some fast shipping !! I will be using the new batts for the first time this Sat. The only comparison I can make will be against my SMC cells but judging by the IR on the stickers the Fuku's should be much much better.

John Fontaine - this is Alvin, raced with you a few times at W.Chester and DC Ultra. Maybe I'll see you at W.Chester if you are going there this Sat.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up REMINDER

Hey Racers, Just wanted to remind you that you have only one more week until we end the "FREE SHIPPING" special and be entered in the DRAWINGS. We really appreciate your support and all the great testimonial statements and the great impact it has served to the R/C communities in whole.

Dan
Old 10-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Im gona have to get myself one more pack~! Have any 1.175 ish packs in stock? I want to take advantage of the free "upgrade" . How much (or which should I buy) to get me the best #s you can give out?
Old 10-23-2003, 04:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

John Fontaine I had to do it. I bought 3 packs 2 days ago and now I sold a few things and had some money in my Paypal account again so I had to do it. I ordered 3 more packs. Taking advantage of the free shipping and the free cell upgrade to 1.17 plus cells. That would give me 6 new packs for next weekend. Hell yea!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.