Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Try temp mode, 6.0 amps, 40mv cutoff, temp cutoff 65c

See how it works, may get a little more power, may not...
Thanks i'll give it a try. Do I have to set the cutoff mAh and cutoff voltage too? I tried setting those to zero but the charger wont charge without those values set somewhere.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RBLove
Fukuyama driver's and customer's..

Any of you guys going to be at the US Indoor Champs in Cleveland this year? If so, please look me up to say Hi and if you should need any assistance. I will be glad to help you with batteries and anything else that might be needed.

Good luck club racing this week. I will running Cleveland warm-up races the next two weekends.............

My e-mail addy is: [email protected]
I wished I could be there for you brother! but I'll be in Jury Duties that week. Chris Tosolini will be there so hit em up and say "HI". I'm sure Fukuyama's got Tos on the mod and you on the stock side for the Cleveland Race. Wish we could afford more guys like you though.

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default cutoff for fukus

is the 40mv or 50mv for all 6 cells total? or is that the cut off PER cell? seems kinda high if its per cell.

also.. why are you guys setting the cut-off capacity to 3600? is this to ensure that it reaches 3300 everytime? i saw Tony Phalen's chargers set up like this also. thanks ahead of time.

i used my first set of fukus last night.. it had crazy punch! thanks dan! too bad i didnt finish the race pulled my car off due to too much hacking. cant wait for my other batteries to die so i can get more fukuyamas!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Thanks i'll give it a try. Do I have to set the cutoff mAh and cutoff voltage too? I tried setting those to zero but the charger wont charge without those values set somewhere.
I just set those high, 3600mah should be fine, and 13 volts will work as well, you're just goin for temp cutoff...
Old 11-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: California Car Challenge

Originally posted by popsracer
If you decide to come, bring some packs as I'm sure that there will be racers that would like to pick some up. (I would)
Thanks pops, I'm not planning to sell anything at this race and will probably just be racing and enjoying myself along with meeting up with people. As for our packs, I think natedog will have covered.

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

AOL SOLDIER-

Sorry but my e-mail is not working. The settings that came with the charger is what I used to charge all my Fukyama, ZX Racing, Promatch 3300 packs. If you use the Temperture setting make sure you watch the cells. That tape comes off and the probe is not touching the batteries you are going to fry them. I use the regular Peak charge....never the Yok Charge. 6amps, .05mv cutoff, 145Degrees on that setting and 4000mah for the peak for that. It will go by Cutoff but when using the peak you can connect the Temp probe as a backup incase it doesn't detect the peak correctly. 13volts

The thing about that charger is if you reach 3600mah before the peak it will end the charge. My Fukuyama Packs and Promatch packs got up to 3650MAH, and my ZX Racing packs get up to 3880MAH.... so if I set the MAH to low on he charger all the packs would have stopped charging at 3600 MAH.

Old 11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Suspended

yes they kick A$$
Old 11-12-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RCJohnny
Ya, Dan come down to the challenge race! I need a couple packs too, plus you beat me at the Toyota Cup by seconds and I want a re-match

It should be some fun racing!

Peace,
John G.
I was running my worst ever race that day. Didn't finish 1st or 2nd qualify because car broke. So you need to strap on tight and see me this coming weekend. I'm looking to double that speed. LOL

Take care and see you at the race John. :0

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: cutoff for fukus

Originally posted by Hebiki
is the 40mv or 50mv for all 6 cells total? or is that the cut off PER cell? seems kinda high if its per cell.

also.. why are you guys setting the cut-off capacity to 3600? is this to ensure that it reaches 3300 everytime? i saw Tony Phalen's chargers set up like this also. thanks ahead of time.

i used my first set of fukus last night.. it had crazy punch! thanks dan! too bad i didnt finish the race pulled my car off due to too much hacking. cant wait for my other batteries to die so i can get more fukuyamas!

Nice! that you enjoyed those packs. Were they tooooo punchy for you and you can't handle it so you stop the race? LOL OUCH!

As for charging, you would only want 50mv per pack and NOT each cell. For each cell setting, no more than .9mv ok?

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Default OK to wrench

Ok, so I'll be wrenching on my car starting tomorrow so I can make it on Saturday for the Titus race. Catch you guys there!

Dan
Old 11-12-2003, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck Dan and eveyone.. And don't get picked for the jury.....it could be hung and we would never get any cells cause you're stuck in court!!

Wait for my annoucement...it will be the end of next week if all goes right.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default PM

thanks for the help Dan.. YGPM
Old 11-12-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: cutoff for fukus

pulled my car off due to too much hacking. cant wait for my other batteries to die so i can get more fukuyamas!
Old 11-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: PM

thanks for the help Dan.. YGPM
Back at cha!

DAn
Old 11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
No problem bro, I just talked to Erika yesterday and she's well aware of it. I had already picked out a couple of packs just in case. If you still need, don't hestitate to ask ok? it's the least I can do. Good luck in Japan and don't forgot those "hot/cold topics" I've mentioned. Shin was so thrilled when I told him the secret on Sunday and I actually blasted his motor and he ran close to near PattT and we all know what patt's got underneath.

Dan
Ahh secrets. Nobody likes secrets! Please do share!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.