Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next" >

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DARKSIDE MOTORSPORTS - "We Are What's Next"

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

is my mx12 out dated allready i only had it for 3 months?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
Outdated? No way! We did make some minor upgrades to the car, but those changes were largely confined to the tweat spring cross brace (Added 2 additional tweak spring locations on each side) and the lower motor pod plate (made it stronger and less prone to breaking as well as added an area for the additional tweak spring locations). These parts will bolt directly on to any Mx2 that's ever been made. These new parts are also the only ones available as spares. If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me. I'm fairly certain that the two guys who made the "A" over on the Fullthrottle thread were using the same version as you own.

As far as future updates go, nothing is scheduled until about this time next year, at the earliest. That being said, were always testing new ideas and looking to make our products among the most innovative and best performing available. If new revisions do come along, they will be reverse engineered to be compatible with the older versions.

-E
Old 01-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jekyll
Another successful weekend for the Darkside car. Steve Walter and I put our Mx2 in the show at the Full Trottle Carpet Challenge in Gaithersburg, MD. The car was awesome all weekend.
Nice job Steve and Paul, be sure to post up the "A" main results here when you have a chance.

-E
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
Oh, crap. Yep, got them in stock, just not up on the website. Give me a day or so and it will be up there.

-Eric
Hi Eric,

Have you had a chance to update the website with the rollover antenna?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Customworksking
As of last week, I was using one of the earliest original versions of the car and had nothing but good luck with it...the changes are minor, i.e. tweak spring placement, cross brace. Nothing major....
Old 01-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M2_Driver
As of last week, I was using one of the earliest original versions of the car and had nothing but good luck with it...the changes are minor, i.e. tweak spring placement, cross brace. Nothing major....
Maloney was only like the first guy to run the car, so naturally he had to wait the longest for the updated version....LMAO
Old 01-09-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Maloney was only like the first guy to run the car, so naturally he had to wait the longest for the updated version....LMAO
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Just got my Mx2 just arrived!!!!

It should look interesting as most of the hardware I got anodized black The only silver parts are the shock, hubs, and some of the screws.

Ok now so setup advise...I'll be setting this up for a parking lot race. I'm the race director so I'll control the traction as best as possible. I plan to hose off the track and spray sugar water enough to get some traction but the sealant they used makes it difficult to get any traction...so lets assume a low traction setup...what setup advice would you guys have?
Old 01-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default Finished!

The car is done! I should be able to post a few pics tonight when I get home.

This car even looks fast sitting on the bench.

It will be at Maximus in Maine this weekend and then at the January Jam the 19th-20th.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Champion

Well I've finally finished putting mine together I still have to put it on the setup board and paint a body for it but snapped some quick pics. I found a couple things when assembling it...My airtronics servo fit just barely in front of the stand off so I dremeled just a bit off of the lower arm where it screws into the chassis to give it some more room. Much to my delight I found that it moved the servo far enoug foward to get the steering tie rods straight. Also the included servo saver is larger then I like. Using the small Kimbro servo saver brought the steering tie rods lower. All in all I'm pretty happy with the steering geometry up front now. Tomorrow is the race allready so I don't have time to paint a nice body for it, so it'll be a quick 1 color rattle can job. When I get a chance to paint a proper body for it I'll get some more pics.

And now the pics!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Car looks good.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SRW141
Car looks good.
agreed!
Old 01-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

I just noticed the black dampener tubes!!
Old 01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

I paid extra to get stuff annodized black. The only things that didn't come out black were the wheel hubs, shock, and a couple of screws. I rather like the way it all came out
Old 01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I paid extra to get stuff annodized black. The only things that didn't come out black were the wheel hubs, shock, and a couple of screws. I rather like the way it all came out
Looks like a nice assembly job, though I think that you have the dampener tubes on backwards. The screws that came silver are steel ones. There are several locations on the car where I just thought that aluminum wasn't a good idea. Good luck with the car and be sure to post your results and any questions you might have.

-E

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.