Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charger....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 07:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

guys did you all check out the SPEED charger in kasey's site? it looks similar to the yokomo... except it can charge 0.5-6.5 then yokomo 0.5-5.5 and that the SPEED has AC/DC, yokomo only DC

any one expirence with it?
Old 07-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, anyone tried using a Ni-Cad only charger with Ni-MH batts? I just discovered that my KO BX-212 can actually detect the peak, but think the cut-off a bit late, about 100mV from the peak. Anyone has a similar experience?

Last edited by MosFat; 07-11-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think there's no problem with that. Just charge it at a lower current that's all. The problem with NiMH is that they are a bit retarded in voltage drop. So if you charge it at a high Amp then your normal charger will not detect its peak even though it is b'cos it could not detect a correct amount of voltage drop. If your charger has a temp sensor, use it as a cut-off point setting, normally between 42deg to 45deg, NiMH suffers a great deal with eeccessive heat.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi guys... just brought a new receiver pacl 1100mah... how much should i charge it with? charger is capable of 0.5-5.5
Old 07-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think if you're not in a hurry, it will be good to charge the pack at about 0.1C (In your case 110mA) coz I read somewhere that that's the typical trickle charge rate. At the trickle charge rate, you won't be able to hurt your cells by overcharging.. or charging at too fast a rate. Receiver packs can't take fast charging like the Sub C packs can right?
Old 07-14-2002, 11:14 PM
DNQ
Tech Initiate

What are your opinions on discharge rates? Some people say to discharge as high as possible, 20-30A, but it's hard on the batteries. My charger has a discharge rate of only 1A. Is that a problem? Should I get a discharger with light bulbs to discharge at a higher rate?
Old 07-15-2002, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

IF i'm not wrong,the discharging current can actually be determine by wat type of motor u r using...

if mod motor,then a discharging current at 30amp is gd bcos tat is abt the current draw tat a mod motor draws from the batt.

for a stock motor,a discharging current of 20amp is gd bcos tat's abt the current a stock motor will draw from the batt...

correct mi if i'm wrong...these r info tat i have pick up from mags...
Old 07-15-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

my charger discharges at a rate of 4amps with the built in cooling fan...

Originally posted by DNQ
What are your opinions on discharge rates? Some people say to discharge as high as possible, 20-30A, but it's hard on the batteries. My charger has a discharge rate of only 1A. Is that a problem? Should I get a discharger with light bulbs to discharge at a higher rate?
Old 07-15-2002, 07:50 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

ijnek has it about right. You should discharge at approx amp draw that you run the car at. Discharging a fully charged pack at 1A or 4A will not only take forever but will 'soften' your packs voltage ie. lack of punch. Low amp discharge should only be left to after you have run the pack on your car and you are trying to get the last bit of charge out!
Old 08-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a Quick Charger with Delta peak Cut Off for use w Car Batts (12 v input ) for sale !

Charges (600 -1000mah) and (1100 to 2000mah)

Goin $50.

I still have the box n manual ,

it's rarely used.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Charger?

Anybody has the Schulze Chameleon charger sold by Hobby Link? Can you tell me more and your comments on the charger?

Regards
Old 08-04-2002, 10:04 PM
HZM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by frantic
guys did you all check out the SPEED charger in kasey's site? it looks similar to the yokomo... except it can charge 0.5-6.5 then yokomo 0.5-5.5 and that the SPEED has AC/DC, yokomo only DC

any one expirence with it?

I own 2 set speed charger, 1 unit EX-14 and the other unit speed 3000. Both set can take 12V input AND 240Vac. Meaning you can use 13A plug to charge at home. In case yr play site does not provide AC source, you can use yr car batt (12V) very useful charger. Let me know if you need more info. Let me check out the website, its from Hongkong.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:33 AM
DNQ
Tech Initiate

Melvin, I have the Chameleon isl 6-330d from Hobby Link, recommended by Sam himself. I don't have a lot of experience with chargers; this is my first high end charger (which Sam says I will never need to buy another one!). I've used it for about 3 months now with packs from 1400 to 3k HVs. It charges up to 5.5A (actually 5.6A in automatic mode) and discharges at 1A.

Can't say too much about it except that it seems to do a very good job charging and can charge Sanyo NiMH cells on the auto mode made for NiCd without any problems. My only concern is that the discharge rate is too low, so I don't know what cycling the batteries will do over a long period of time. I wish it could discharge at 20A like the new Reedy charger.

I'm also interested on what people who have more knowledge about chargers have to say about the Schultze. Of course I respect Sam's opinion, but in this case, he's the salesman, so I'd like to hear from others too.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Wanna sell yours?

Originally posted by DNQ
Melvin, I have the Chameleon isl 6-330d from Hobby Link, recommended by Sam himself. I don't have a lot of experience with chargers; this is my first high end charger (which Sam says I will never need to buy another one!). I've used it for about 3 months now with packs from 1400 to 3k HVs. It charges up to 5.5A (actually 5.6A in automatic mode) and discharges at 1A.

Can't say too much about it except that it seems to do a very good job charging and can charge Sanyo NiMH cells on the auto mode made for NiCd without any problems. My only concern is that the discharge rate is too low, so I don't know what cycling the batteries will do over a long period of time. I wish it could discharge at 20A like the new Reedy charger.

I'm also interested on what people who have more knowledge about chargers have to say about the Schultze. Of course I respect Sam's opinion, but in this case, he's the salesman, so I'd like to hear from others too.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:55 PM
F&K
Tech Adept

Default LRP Pulsar Competition Charger

Has anybody try using this charger? Where can I buy it in Singapore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.