Reedy Quasar Pro or Novak Millenium...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Quasar Pro or Novak Millenium...?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 04:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Reedy Quasar Pro or Novak Millenium...?

I'm considering a new charger, and I want a good one that will treat my cells right. I was told by Pro Match Racing that a 'Slope' charger is best for Nimh cells, and at the time, a couple of months back, the Novak was the only Slope charger available. I was wondering if the new Reedy Quasar Pro was a 'Slope' charger or not. I am still using an MRC Super Brain 959. I do get some false peaks, but overall it has been a good unit. When I begin investing more in matched racing cells, I am going to want to upgrade. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

The Quasar Pro is self contained AC/DC - about $190.00. Whereas, the Novak Millenium requires a power supply (for AC) - bringing the total cost to about $250.00! Not too crazy about that.

Greg

Last edited by GKHTC3; 11-25-2002 at 04:31 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

What is a "slope" charger? Never heard of it before...

The Reedy Quasar Pro, is it the same as the LRP Quasar? If so, I would definately take the Quasar ! More features, higher charge rate and real good quality !
Old 11-25-2002, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

CT, you mean the Pulsar? LRP makes the Pulsar and is d/c only, it has motor run, discharge and charge. Reedy makes the Quasar and Quasar Pro, both a/c d/c, the Pro discharges up to 20 amps.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from malta.

So now we know. We are talking about 3 different chargers. The LRP Pulsar, the Reedy Quasar, and the Novak Millenium.

I use Milleniums myself and have absolutely no regrets. They are bullitt proof, and they are as versatile as anyone would need a charger to be. I would say that over 70% of the people racing out here use Novak chargers.

Someone said the LRP has a higher charge rate. So what is it's maximum charge rate. The Novak charges at up to 7amps. Does anyone really need to charge at any more than that.

I pay for my cells, and consequently would certainly not charge at those sort of charge rates.

So the one with the price advantage looks like the Reedy, which is the only AC / DC one if I am reading you rightly. I don't know, I've never had one.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

hmmm... just a guess here... was it "slope" or "delta peak"?
Old 11-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

GKHTC3 , u hav PM
Old 11-25-2002, 10:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reflekt
GKHTC3 , u hav PM

PM?.......

Greg
Old 11-25-2002, 10:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

'Slope' charging is what PMR says the Novak Millenium offers - better for Nimh cells.

Greg
Old 11-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

PM= private message

see the very top of the page, it says "control panel" .just click that to see ur private messages or PM's. btw, i was just offering u a novak millenium v1.2 plus rivergate 15amp powersupply for $150. cheaper than reedy quasar pro, and cheaper than buying the novak millenium brand new and the power supply brand new equalling $250. save urself a hundred bucks. let me kno.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by reflekt
[B]PM= private message

see the very top of the page, it says "control panel" .just click that to see ur private messages or PM's. btw, i was just offering u a novak millenium v1.2 plus rivergate 15amp powersupply for $150. cheaper than reedy quasar pro, and cheaper than buying the novak millenium brand new and the power supply brand new equalling $250. save urself a hundred bucks. let me kno. [/B

got it, and responded. Thanks!

Greg
Old 11-25-2002, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

sorry man, my PM list was full! so could u pplease send that PM again? i didnt get it. bah! thanx. peaches.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would think any of these newer high-end chargers for Nimh cells, would 'now' have the 'slope' charging like the Millenium, if that is considered to be the best way of charging Nimh. Jeff at Pro Match Racing indicated to me just awhile back that's what sets the Millenium apart.

Greg

Last edited by GKHTC3; 11-25-2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

the novak millenium v1.2
Attached Thumbnails Reedy Quasar Pro or Novak Millenium...?-novakmill.jpg  
Old 11-25-2002, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

the rivergate 15amp power supply.
Attached Thumbnails Reedy Quasar Pro or Novak Millenium...?-i-1.jpg  
Old 11-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I dont realy think that the Novak is better than the Reedy or vice versa. If your looking to save a bit and not buy a power suply then the Reedy is a good deal, but realise that if you stick with racing your probably gonna end up with a power suply anyways so in the long run you still have to spend the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.