Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by cjtamu
Good luck. I may be looking for a little of that myself LOL.

Question about camber. My car came with Yok ABS drift tires with the plastic ring in the middle. It says increasing camber makes the car harder to drift, because you're decreasing the ABS ring contact patch. Makes sense, but with a non-ABS tire (HPI or whatever) I assume it's the opposite and actually makes the car easier to drift?

And Were is Sugar Land? Is that far from me here in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area! Just asking cuz we just had a big Drift Comp this past weekend and it was pretty RAD! We have from here till about October tons of Demos and Comps left, We also have Weekly Sunday Drift Jams @ Hobby Town USA in Arlington Tx, we have about 25-30 Drifters Spread out all over the DFW!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I am new to drifting also. I am drifting a sprint2sport set up for drift. But I wanted to put it out there, but the new Losi pre mounted drift tires work great and dont wear to fast.(At least not that I can tell...still new to it so..) They mount right on and the offset works well with HPI 200mm bodies. (WRX STI) Just thought I would share.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Josh, Sugar Land is just south of Houston on US 59. It's a haul to DFW area. Drifting isn't big here, but I've talked to a few guys who want to play. I think I found a place in Cali (driftspeed) that has the part I need (Yoko SD-203 is the number for the whole parts tree), going to call today and make sure they have it in stock.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tamiya TB03VDS pre-order link is up
Old 07-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Josh, Sugar Land is just south of Houston on US 59. It's a haul to DFW area. Drifting isn't big here, but I've talked to a few guys who want to play. I think I found a place in Cali (driftspeed) that has the part I need (Yoko SD-203 is the number for the whole parts tree), going to call today and make sure they have it in stock.
Yeah I deal With Drift Speed all the Time, Ive spent Hundreds & Hundreds of Bucks there! Call and Talk to Katsumi < I have his Number Ill call him and ask if he has the part in stock, Its better to call, The lady I always deal with always goes and checks if the parts in stock then i order it! And I get it in 3-4 Days!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

i have a cyclone tc and was wondering wat do i need to get it drifting
Old 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AF1king_kid
i have a cyclone tc and was wondering wat do i need to get it drifting
start with drift tires! then upgrade as you tune your skills
Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

if your cyclone tc is set up for racing....slap a front one-way, rear spool, and some drift tires on it...you'll be drifitng like a pro lol. I've ran a cyclone for sometime now
Old 07-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default best starter drift car

hey people, quick question what would be the best drift car for a newbie?????
Old 07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Wondering if there's anythign out there for 1/18 drifting. Tires and diff gears in particular. I have two 18R's sitting here, nobody around here races them anymore.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robbieracer87
hey people, quick question what would be the best drift car for a newbie?????
check out www.melbrc.org those guys will be loads better help for you than most people here, plus it will get you into the local rc drift scene. cheers m8

Wondering if there's anythign out there for 1/18 drifting. Tires and diff gears in particular. I have two 18R's sitting here, nobody around here races them anymore.
Ive got an 18R lying around as well, unfortunately have not been able to find any drift accessories for it. I did however end up taping the tires with packing tape so it would drift on smooth concrete.... that is about as far as my 18R drifting experience
Old 07-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boza
check out www.melbrc.org those guys will be loads better help for you than most people here, plus it will get you into the local rc drift scene. cheers m8
I would have to STRONGLY disagree with this comment. There are many people on these forums with years of experience, and with that personal experience, they may have some biased opinions...

I have raced and drifted 3 different yokomos and 3 different tamiyas. I prefer tamiya. As far as a reccomendation, I reccomend going to your local hobby store and seeing what they carry (replacement parts) and stick within that genre. If youre planning on getting into this seriously and plan on spending $400 on a chassis alone, then go for broke. If you are open for sugguestions, go to a local rc meet and pay attention to how each car handles.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For any drifters on the east coast of the USA, check out this event...

http://www.hyperdrift.com/forum/view...hp?f=70&t=6278

Should be awesome!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I subscribed to this tread and want to show you my work so far.
Last Hiace made it to the Body of the Month contest on rcdrift.nl ( yes the Netherlands ), but didn't get enough votes :tickedoff: ;D

My S15 became Body of the month Januari on rcdrift.nl

So i'll try again with these Impala's
together with a buddy of mine we started on this duo project so only 1 is mine.

test fit on the chasis'

testing the wheels on my car if its nice or not.

Ok ready for the paint now, all masked!

Chrome paint first!

Did i mention i cut the rear boot?

rear tires for mine ( 35mm wide )

mix some glitters

and then the colours!

Buddy also cuts his rear trunk and made this for it.

And i made this

My Work in progress is almost done:

And last a little vid:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boza
Ive got an 18R lying around as well, unfortunately have not been able to find any drift accessories for it. I did however end up taping the tires with packing tape so it would drift on smooth concrete.... that is about as far as my 18R drifting experience
HPI has a 1/18 drift car, and the tires are available separately. Going to order a set of those. I know the guys that own Reflex Racing, if anyone knows if there are other diff gears for the AE 1/18, they will. I'll check with them and see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.