Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brett.w
We have just had our gas nats here and you will be pleased to know that Andrew Webber and his G4's have taken out the title (for lola) and he finshed 2nd in Touring. 5 out of the top ten were G4's
Congrats to Andrew for his 1st and 2nd placings. great result. some nice looking cars there as well
Old 04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brett.w
We have just had our gas nats here and you will be pleased to know that Andrew Webber and his G4's have taken out the title (for lola) and he finshed 2nd in Touring. 5 out of the top ten were G4's
Great job guys!! So I have a question. How does the Lola perfomance compare to the sedan? I assume it's outlaw. So with the 5 port and the Lola Body, is there any perfomance gain? Meaning are the lap times faster with Lola? If so, how much faster on an average? I plan on building an outlaw car out of one of my G4S's since I have 3 of the darn things. But 3 is a good number. Thanks bro for any input.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default FREE STYLE RAP

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OM9DlCf0Be0

check that out some funny stuff
Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OM9DlCf0Be0

check that out some funny stuff
Man that's a funny video!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Serpentd
Great job guys!! So I have a question. How does the Lola perfomance compare to the sedan? I assume it's outlaw. So with the 5 port and the Lola Body, is there any perfomance gain? Meaning are the lap times faster with Lola? If so, how much faster on an average? I plan on building an outlaw car out of one of my G4S's since I have 3 of the darn things. But 3 is a good number. Thanks bro for any input.
You need Lola bumper set ( I guess it comes with Lola bumper and plastic front shock tower ).

Lola bodies is more stable on straight and more aggressive on cornering, but it won't make you 5 second faster than sedan bodies. Only tiny bit faster lap times ( Assuming you are still using the same engine like in sedan ).
Old 04-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default My first Nationals with a G4S

I attended the same race meeting as Razzor (see his post of 04-15-2007, 08:54 PM). For the record: Although Razzor and I stay 1400km apart he was the one that introduced me to the G4S and I NEVER HAVE REGRETED A SINGLE MOMENT OF IT

My local track i very bumpy and the setup i had did not work that well for the almost (99%) flat and no bumps track of TRAP ( TRAP.CO.ZA ).

Due to TRAP being 1700km away from my home track i opted to fly.

Due to the altitude difference and me aways racing on one track for the past three year at coastal level i had issues with motor settings that Razzor sorted for me!

I had a very good finals where i started 3rd in my detail. I worked myself up to 2nd. Razzor pitted for me and in the heat of the moment i ran one lap to much after he did called me in! I managed to make it to the pit area and the refueled me, BUT the air was to much in the pipe and to little in the motor to keep it going

I dropped back to 5th and managed again to go get back to 2ND!

Unfortunately due to a lack of experience of national level racing (yes i admit to it) 3 minutes before the end of the race i rolled the car after the clipping a curb and it put me back into 4th and that is where i ended!

THANKS to TEAM MAGIC for a excellent car and for RAZZOR being the person he is! Always helpful and smiling!

There is a lot of distributors in and outside the RC industry that learn from him about client service!
Old 04-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Casimirsa the pleasure was mine

We had a blast and did reasonably well considering the circumstances.
All 3 of us that ran the nats are learning a lot the more we run the car and try new setups and ideas.
Just unfortunate i dont have a top driver to show the guys that the car is very capable of taming the Serpents and Mugens.
In time though

Best thing though is we have the best support base on this thread
So guys thanks for the feedback, ideas ,comments and keeping this thread alive.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Razzor, i can assure you that Durban NATS is going to be different! Just make sure you have enough spares to replace wear and tear parts. i have 2 motors that i will sacrifice for practice before the next Nats! You must just watch me as i come in from behind!!!!!

You see one of my club members has made the comment "was that all you could do!"

So he is going to swallow that words!
Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default clutch shoe trouble

i had a clurch shoe trouble in Kawahara cup A-main.

some spectator told me that my clutch was slipped.

and i feel that torque is very down.

i checked my clutch setting. i could find wrong clutch spring setup.

i usually lock clutch spring 0.6mm.. But i take a mistake..

it was locked about 0.9mm. --;;
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-shoe.jpg  
Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gansei

Gansei, that looks like there is something wrong with your fly weights or flywheel. to see that sloped wear, it looks like only one side of the shoe has been contacting the clutch bell. so either the weights are stuck in the flywheel on one side or the shoe is stuck on the pin of the flywheel. you need to check this out Gansei. the side that has had less wear and contact patch is the side it has stuck on the pin or the weigths not flying out.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
I had the same problem last season with my spektrum system, one other thing you need to watch out for is fuel spillage getting inside the case. Although the claim the new Pro receivers are fuel proof they will short out if any fuel seeps into the connector. You may want to look at switching to the mico receivers since it only uses 1 pcb and is small enough too tuck under the splash guard well out of reach of any fuel.

If you continue to have problems check your transmitter module, I have had 2 Pro modules fail in the last six months.

Mark
I have thought about getting the micro but with the antenna wire being so short it makes me nervous. Do you use the micro one? How has it worked for you?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Gansei, that looks like there is something wrong with your fly weights or flywheel. to see that sloped wear, it looks like only one side of the shoe has been contacting the clutch bell. so either the weights are stuck in the flywheel on one side or the shoe is stuck on the pin of the flywheel. you need to check this out Gansei. the side that has had less wear and contact patch is the side it has stuck on the pin or the weigths not flying out.
i agree it look's as though only one side is pushing on clutch shoe...please check weight's and make sure they move easily....sorry to hear of problem...fellow racer had same problem only worse and broke motor ( burned up )...good you found it sooner..
Old 04-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
I have thought about getting the micro but with the antenna wire being so short it makes me nervous. Do you use the micro one? How has it worked for you?
Dude, I wouldn't trip on the shorter antenna. This iis designed this way for a reason. You should have the same results as far as distance with this receiver. The distance is rated pretty far actually. Much further then your eyes could even see what you were doing especially on a drivers stand. So that should not be an issue at all. I have a micro, but havn't installed it yet. Maybe I will give this a try in the Vegas race I leave for tonight. Give it a try bro. It will be fine, mabe even better then the other receiver.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

SerpentD, where do you get the liquid mask from that you use? What brand
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gansei

Well my metal friend, I'm not sure if your tighter spring setting had anything to do with you clutch wearing so wierd. But it would explain some slipping. I would verify that you don't have a bent or distorted pin on the flywheel. This is easy for you to check bro. You might of not noticed it due to all the pressure you were under to get a car ready for your Large race. Your just not the type of person to miss something like this. Not with your attention to detail. So it's possible that something happened during that race to cause it to wear uneven like that. Also, it's a long shot, but do you think this contributed to your flame outs? It's a long shot, but your car started pretty easy after each flame out after watching that great video of yours. LOVED YOUR MUSIC SELECTION GANSEI!!! Metallica along with the songs you picked were perfect for your BGM!!! Your incredible with your video editing man!!!

Anyway, back to the clutch. Your flame outs were not caused by a lean engine, that's obvious. Maybe your lowend adjustments were a hair off, or you needed a new or different glow plug. Not too sure, but that clutch might have played a part in the flame outs and your lack of torque you keep mentioning bro. I say, put some focus and attention on your entire clutch set up and engine tunig. Doesn't take much to be off just a bit, and at the caliber of your driving and all, you need your clutch and engine at FULL potential every time. I have no doubts that you will get this all worked out my friend.

I hope some of your racing rubs off on me for this week as I will be attending the Mugen Grand Prix in Vegas. I leave tonight since I am driving. It's about a 14 hour drive... but will be a blast. They are estimating about 360 drivers at this race, with a lot of big name drivers. So I will be VERY busy out on that track. I just bought a 12-3 CT for this race and am only half way through the breakin on it. But when I get to the track on Wednesday afternoon, I will finish up the break in. Wish me some luck guys, I'm going to NEED it! I'm going to bring my lap top and try and keep everyone up to date as the week progresses. I will be meeting Sam from Raceday Hobbies out there as well. So if you have any questions or concerns that I need to address to him, let me know and I will take care of it. Well guys, I need to start packing and stuff. Talk with you all soon!! Later everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.