Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent Drive Calculator gives me the same 1.6mm difference.

Its a simple equation so I dont' understand how there could be two different results.

Andrew
Old 11-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lycan
Serpent Drive Calculator gives me the same 1.6mm difference.

Its a simple equation so I dont' understand how there could be two different results.

Andrew
Dude, that is wierd. I'm not sure because I did it all by hand. Maybe I will try it again to make sure that I didn't make a mistake on one of the pulley's or something. If I am wrong, I totaly apologize. Maybe we should both, or anyone else out there try this again. What do you others come up with? 1.6 or 1.8?? The math is melting my brain now. Later!!!
Old 11-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ok, i have investigated the one way issue, and SerpentD, it was full of grease. but that is not my problem ! i have cleaned it and have made a black mark on each face of the one way bearing. i felt it was strange that the pin no longer could go through the hole, to lock the drive cup. so a little tap of the cup and it aligned again. so i decided to pull the bearing out of it and see what the problem is. due to my amazement, the bearing is actually turning inside the housing. not the cup slipping on the one way. so there is too much machining tolerance given for the interference fit of the oneway bearing inside the housing. the bearing just slides in and out of the housing, with little persuasion. this is why its slipping. ill try to get some video footage but maybe hard to see.

Last edited by Pattojnr; 11-25-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Ok, i have investigated the one way issue, and SerpentD, it was full of grease. but that is not my problem ! i have cleaned it and have made a black mark on each face of the one way bearing. i felt it was strange that the pin no longer could go through the hole, to lock the drive cup. so a little tap of the cup and it aligned again. so i decided to pull the bearing out of it and see what the problem is. due to my amazement, the bearing is actually turning inside the housing. not the cup slipping on the one way. so there is too much machining tolerance given for the interference fit of the oneway bearing inside the housing. the bearing just slides in and out of the housing, with little persuasion. this is why its slipping. ill try to get some video footage but maybe hard to see.
Well, that explains it. That a first for me, but there is always a first. Where did you purchase the ED system from? This is 100% manufacture defect IMO. I believe that these bearings are "pressed" in so I don't think there is much chance of a fix. I would give the company you bought it from a call and ask for a replacement. I don't know if they will pass you over to KFactory, but either way you have a new product that is bad. If you got it from Sam at Racday Hobbies, he is a great person to work with and will help you out I am sure. This is where I do my business for the G4S. I'm sorry to hear about the malfunction. Actually I might take a close look at mine and double check it now that I think about it. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hestate for a second to email or PM me or whatever, I'll do what I can to help you. That's what we're all here for anyway is to help one another. Take care for now bro and I will keep in touch. Later.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
I havent fitted the spool/oneway from the ED but did notice that the pin goes in one way only.You have to turn the drive cup until the pin pops in.
im a bit pi#@ed of ,it rained the whole day so no practice.If it rains tomorrow ,it will be the 4th weekend in the row.
Hope it clears up for club meet tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

wow!

you guys are amazing people.

thanks for the kind words and support, it is much appreciated.

SerpentD - youre awesome. if you offered to loan me money to get back on the track, having never even met me... of course I wouldn't accept it, but the thought is absolutely unreal.

I will be back on the track (not the parking lot) in no time at all.

Until then, I will be racing vicariously through my good friend and spending my time at the track helping him reduce his lap times.

again, thank you all and i'll be back soon.

hope all your thanksgiving's were splendid!
Old 11-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

To all the US based guys an the board , Happy Thanksgiving !
Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

I have heard before that one bearing problem slips within the housing on the stock one ways. K factory one bearing is best and haven't heard any problems with this one.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Razzor, the problem is you cant put the pin back inif the one way bearing comes out of the housing. the pin hole was a half hole out. thats why i investigated further.
G4Ser this one may be the first of the k factory ones so far, but i can tell you it is definately the problem. if you turn the cup to lock it in (being driven) you can actually grip the cup and pull it out as you turn it and the one way bearing can be pulled out with the cup. i have taken video of the bearing being put back in by pressing with fingers, and the turning of the cup. just dont know how to post the footage. so i will email it. as a trial to fix the problem, i have used some loctite super stud lock on the outside of the bearing and pressed it back in the housing. put the drive pins back in and locked with the set screws in the cups. i will take out the drive pins and try it again, to see if the loctite worked but i will have to race it as it is for next weekend. just may have to be locked solid thats all, then it can be worked out what to do with it later as this is the seasons last race meet.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry doing two things at one time. Is the one way you are talking about in the front spool of the ED Trans that is slipping? I will get TM to cover us on this if that is the case!! Let me know.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

yes its the spool on the new ED trans. i have checked Marks and his seems to be ok . but maybe uder the driving force it maybe different ? i dont know. seemd if one would have been machined to this tolerence , i think there maybe more like this.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

I will email you and I will get this taken care of for you. I haven't run my ED as yet, I will for a Toys for Tots race on the 12th of december. But if anyone else has a problem please post it here.

Patto email what you have showing this problem so I can send it to TM right away.

Thanks
Sam
Old 11-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

its been emailed to you. but i do have another one that shows the slippage in the housing, but its kinda big in size, 3 meg, is this ok to send also ?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Checked the spool from my ED since I fitted a front diff.
What you explained ,I can confirm.
as I mentioned When I fitted my ED I was checking the spool out and took a pin out.When I put the drive cup back I couldnt get the pin in again but when I turned the drive cup it must have moved the bearing and the pin went in.
Definately a problem there.
Dont have my camera with me , will be going into shop in the morning to pick up my gear for race meet tomorrow ,will take pics then and post after the meet.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

i think most guys like to run them as a solid axle there for the pins remain in and no problem evident. but if the pins are removed and wanting a oneway axle, then the problem i think will be evident immediately. also as i said, if my one housing has machining fault, then i think there will be lots more out there. unfortunate, i know, but its been picked up on, and now if everyone can check there ED trans front spool, then i think more people will pick up on this fault. i will see tommorow if the loctite has worked or not. if not i will have to run solid up front. thats all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.