Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone know the web adress for tech racing.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Frustration

thought i was the only one who's having this problem ....

darn, such a great car to haf such a defects..... are you guys experiencing the same problem wif stocks or mod???

a bad crash would stimulate the issue too.....

thanks..

Originally posted by racenut123
I am have the worst time with my front gear box.I must first say I feel this car is as fast as any other and I really think its an excellent handling car.That being said,I am getting really tired of the front gearbox problems with either the ring gear{larger}stripping or the pinion{smaller}gear internally stripping.I am not stripping ring gears at this time but my pinion gears internally where the drive shaft plugs into it is stripping out internally and pushing forward toward the ring gear causing binding.I would get about 2 runs and then have to replace the pinion.The internal d shaped notch becomes rounded out or basically reemed out by the drive shaft and then it pushes the pinion forward.This has cost me races over the last 3 race days.In the a main yesterday I had a good lead 3/4 of the race and then the binding started.Everyone was then so much faster when we got on the straight away!Is anyone else having the same problem?Could this be because of the actual gear box itself?I have a little play where the pinion gear bearing seats in the gearbox.Could this be the culprit?Should I buy a new front box?HELP!
Old 10-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sportracer
www.speedtechrc.com

Steve
Old 10-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sportracer
http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/
Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wind in the past if you are not absolutely anal in how the gear goes onto the shaft it only makes the problem worse. The box will go back together without it being lined up correctly.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

so tell me

has anone stripped a gear useing the tech racing prop shaft?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Front One-Way Gears

I have a mind-set that the front one-way gears are a disposable item. When I buy spares, I buy them in bulk...like 10-15 at a time and they last for quite some time. Kinda like motor brushes, you replace them every 3-5 runs or 1 run if racing mod. However, if you don't crash or if you do crash but stay off power while the car is flailing, then you won't strip too many gears To me, it's another disposable item that can be replaced rather quickly so it doesn't bother me too much.

Just my 0.02 yen
Old 10-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default v12's front oneway.

I just received my Front oneway built by v12's friend Jurgen.I must say.If there is one thing that is gonna help beside the tech racing setup,this oneway has helped immensly.I have tested it so far without stripping.I have purposely put it through situatuations that would cause the ring gear to strip.Nothing.Its built exactly like a oneway from yokomo.The gear is now being completely supported by the backing plate that is part of the oneway itself.So the ring gear is mounted on the opposite side of the gear now.The gear is recessed and Jurgen did an excellent Job on the machining the oneway to fit flush with the back of the ring gear itself.Its a perfect fit.I don't see myself stripping another gear unless its an extremely hard crash at full throttle.I now see there may be a problem stripping out the pinion gear instead.I hope not.I will kepp thrash testing this oneway and let you know how it holds up.Its very promising!
Old 10-01-2003, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Tech Racing Drive Shaft

Originally posted by High-Speed
Here's a pic of the Tech Racing Drive Shaft taken by Rick Draper

Looks good, how is the fit?
Old 10-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Tech Racing Drive Shaft

Originally posted by Randman
Looks good, how is the fit?
Still waiting on Rick to give me a report. Hopefully he'll post some info on it soon. I emailed Rainbow Ten and Nao told me they wont be in-stock till november
Old 10-01-2003, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

It seems like a good hopup, but with the recent development on the front 1 way gear problems, it might not be so necissary now.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Frustration

Originally posted by Windtalkers
thought i was the only one who's having this problem ....

darn, such a great car to haf such a defects..... are you guys experiencing the same problem wif stocks or mod???

a bad crash would stimulate the issue too.....

thanks..
I was running 19T and experienced the same problem. I fixed the one-way gear problem[by shimming] then started having problems with the inside of the bevel pinion gear stripping out. I noticed that the drive shaft is too short, narrows at the tip, and has play, so the tip of it doesn't go into the front pinion all the way like it does in the rear which will cause it to strip. I shimmed the drive shaft to help keep the drive shaft tip as far up in the front bevel pinion as posible for more bite , but the shaft still needs to be a little longer. It still strips, but not as qwik as b4. Plus my driving got a little better...hehehe, but novice driver or good driver the car should still hold up IMO. After all its a Tamiya! I'm hoping the Tech-Racing shaft ends will fit into the front bevel pinion better than the Tamiya shaft and solve this problem.

I shouldn't have to spend 4300 yen on a gotdam shaft after paying $375-$400 for a race ready kit. Just my 2 cent
Still love the car tho
Old 10-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here is the oneway if anyone wants to see it.its similar to the yoke in design.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-dm-bamberg-evo-3-017.jpg  
Old 10-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Just noticed the filename of the picture you sent....do you drive in Bamberg, Germany?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hmm... The teeth on that gear look a little messed up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.