WHAT BATTERIES WILL BE APPROVED?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT BATTERIES WILL BE APPROVED?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default WHAT BATTERIES WILL BE APPROVED?

I am looking to getting some batteries and just curious which ones will be legal. i figured the gp will be considering that trinity and orion sell them. what does everyone think?
Old 10-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

do you mean ROAR approved?

If so, currently, the 36, 37 and 38's are too large in sub-c specification size and the membership is being asked in this next election to approve or not approve changing the ruling to allow up to 44mm in length of the cells. Currently, ROAR allows 43mm as the longest cell length but IFMAR has approved 44mm to allow the higher than 3300's in competition.

Currently, only 3300's are approved for ROAR competition but several 36 through 38's have been submitted and are awaiting membership vote as to the change in sub-c cell size. Of course, this will effect the chassis manufacturers as well.

I only hope the membership votes this election and offers their thought to the sub-c cell specification needs and the long term effects.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director
Old 10-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

sure, ROAR approved. everybody goes by ROAR rules. just curious what and when these cells will be approved.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DAVE BERNATH
sure, ROAR approved. everybody goes by ROAR rules. just curious what and when these cells will be approved.
what's submitted now must wait for membership approval of the rule change to 44mm... that won't happen until mid to late November with the election results.