Search

ROAR Election

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Question! How/where do you vote?
See what art posted below or you can also print it out and mail it in if you wish.

Thanks Art!

EA
Old 10-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Voted!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
These are the very reasons why this needs to be a paid position. It has to be a win for all involved and to expect anyone to donate time they may not have is ridiculous. We need a full time dedicated person being compensated to take the bull by the horns!!!! What does it take to make this a paying position?
+1
Old 10-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
We need a full time dedicated person being compensated to take the bull by the horns!!!! What does it take to make this a paying position?
It would take an increase in ROAR membership, I'd guess by at least a factor of 10.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another vote for Eric. I hope you get elected.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am surprised that you're jumping into the election. If I can be of assistance or help to you at anytime you know how to reach me.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yes Ive decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. Below is what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago after thinking it over for a couple of days and talking to some people in the industry.

Ive had a lot of people ask me about running for ROAR President this year. Its something I have always thought of simply because Ive been in this hobby/industry for 25 years now and it would be a way to give something back to a hobby thats given me so much fun (and grieve at times!). As my wife can attest its something that I have always done since before she even knew me. I eat, sleep and breath RC 8 months out of the year (the other 4 months there is no racing here in TN outside so I take a family break but still keep up with everything RC).

I have never been one that has claimed to know everything or even close and never will. If I were to win I will be going into this blind other than having some ideas about what ROAR should focus on but with the right people around me on the EXCOM I feel that some positive things can be accomplished.

1. I have 25 years of experience as a racer.

2. 10 years as a RC Business owner and travel to as many races a year as any paid factory driver.

3. I am someone who can pick up the phone and talk to any racer, company, organization world-wide. I feel I can open the channels of communication and lead ROAR into open discussions with the rest of the world!

4. I feel that ROAR needs someone who is at the track, communicates with the ROAR body and its members about issues and ideas. Its the only way to know which direction the industry/hobby is going. I believe I can be that person with your support!

5. ROAR needs to be proactive instead of reactive to issues and other things. The US is the largest industry for R/C products yet we are now following other nations. We have so many different sets of international rules and approvals it is staggering to me let alone the average racer who just wants to enjoy his hobby and race!

6. ROAR needs to grow as an organization and the only way to do that is get more people involved, more tracks involved and also keep the manufactures involved. Without all 3 of those things RC can not grow!

7. I have numerous years of experience as a region director, Excom electric section chairman and also electric section committee member within ROAR.

I can promise all of you I will do everything in my power to see if we cant get ROAR and RC racing here to increase and put out a better product for everyone! ROAR will flourish, manufacturer’s will be happy, race tracks will be given priority in my thinking (since they are the core of all of our success) and the end consumer, who will finally have fun and enjoy his hobby without all the day to day drama.

Vote for me and I'll do everything I can!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
It would take an increase in ROAR membership, I'd guess by at least a factor of 10.
Better yet, make it a small percentage of membership fees, maybe like 10 percent. It gives a great incentive for the president to work on growing the organization.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

+1
Old 10-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Team Tekin

Raising enough funds to pay the most time consuming positions for ROAR wouldn't be an issue if there more members.

In my opinion it's time to take a step back, evaluate where ROAR is, where it should be going, and make a plan to take it to the next level.

It's not time for excuses, it's time for solutions.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34

+1
+1
Old 10-29-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Raising enough funds to pay the most time consuming positions for ROAR wouldn't be an issue if there more members.

In my opinion it's time to take a step back, evaluate where ROAR is, where it should be going, and make a plan to take it to the next level.

It's not time for excuses, it's time for solutions.
Well said Randy.

I voted, but couldn't help but notice the "All write in ballots must be approved by the excomm". Does ROAR actually post the results or just let us know who "won"?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:35 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Odin544
Well said Randy.

I voted, but couldn't help but notice the "All write in ballots must be approved by the excomm". Does ROAR actually post the results or just let us know who "won"?
I am pretty sure the only thing that EXCOM has to approve is verify that the person meets the requirements otherwise the vote wouldnt be fair if they allowed someone who is running for election to decide who can receive votes. The by laws are pretty straight forward on the qualifications required.

Fred Howart will post the actual vote totals once the election is over. Its required by the ROAR by laws and Gov laws pertaining to Non profit organizations.

EA
Old 10-29-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

So can we hear from the other candidates for President on what they plan to do?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I am pretty sure the only thing that EXCOM has to approve is verify that the person meets the requirements otherwise the vote wouldnt be fair if they allowed someone who is running for election to decide who can receive votes. The by laws are pretty straight forward on the qualifications required.

Fred Howart will post the actual vote totals once the election is over. Its required by the ROAR by laws and Gov laws pertaining to Non profit organizations.

EA
Perfect. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Odin544
Perfect. Thanks for the explanation.
Yes sir. No problem.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.