Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
WHAT ARE THE BEST TRACKS IN THE USA FOR NITRO ON-ROAD 1/10 & 1/8 SCALE RACING??? >

WHAT ARE THE BEST TRACKS IN THE USA FOR NITRO ON-ROAD 1/10 & 1/8 SCALE RACING???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT ARE THE BEST TRACKS IN THE USA FOR NITRO ON-ROAD 1/10 & 1/8 SCALE RACING???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DELETE THE THREAD ????WHY BRO ?? THE QUESTION BEING ASKED IS A NORMAL QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ASKED BEFORE I DONT SEE ANYONE BASHING TRACKS NOR DO I WANT ANYONE TO EXPRESS THERE OPINION IN ANY NEGATIVE WAYS BROTHER...IF I WANT TO ASK RACERS WHAT THERE OPINION ON TRACKS THEY HAVE VISITED ,I REALLY DONT SEE THE PROBLEM!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
Q, I love you my dude. Delete this tread dawg. Trust me. Or just let it die.

We are FORTUNATE to have FOUR WONDERFUL TRACKS here in FLORIDA!
What?? REALLY??

I think this thread is a Great way to give the existing "On Road" tracks in the USA some MUCH NEEDED EXPOSURE!

You guys in FLORIDA are extremely lucky to have (4) tracks within a few hours apart. Believe me I'm jealous! Would move there if it was an option!

Maybe the thread title should change to something more general not the BEST. But I thought I addressed that in the first post. There is No Best, Just features and details that makes every track unique and AWESOME!!

Just my. 02¢
Old 08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

When I did my post, I was thinking about giving info on tracks that I have raced on, what they were like .......

I would just change the title. I would like to know more about all pavement tracks as a place to visit.

My 2 cents
Old 08-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you have a track to race at, permanent or not, that is the Best They are getting too few and far in between
Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default on-road fun

Originally Posted by Grenade10
When I did my post, I was thinking about giving info on tracks that I have raced on, what they were like .......

I would just change the title. I would like to know more about all pavement tracks as a place to visit.

My 2 cents
Nice job Mark...and T-Hawk..........

I still remember my first GT race in a parking lot where 'The Flyin Hawaiin' started honing his skills...........just nostalgia now.........'South Valley Hobbies' in Draper, Utah. We do need to be able to hear about the 'existing tracks' and some of the likes and dislikes of the racers.

I ran South Valley Hobby, IRCR (Utah), Silverbowl (Vegas), TimeZone (WA) Speedworld (Roseville, CA), Artesia (GLARC), Larry H. Miller (Utah)..........and I was first at an RC car event to watch at 'Thorp Raceway' in Pomona.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

GREAT INFO GUYS KEEP UM COMING RACERS!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For me it's Toledo #1 by a long way.

After that, Ft. Meyers though demanding is something special.

Then Nuggets.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Toledo is a great track. I enjoyed Kissimmee and plan to get back there this winter. We have a nice track in Cincinnati also, not as big as the old track but smooth and easy on the cars. Joliet is definitely fun but doesn't get enough use. Blue Diamond was my home track before moving to Ohio and that's where I learned how much I love nitro.

Hopefully I get to more of the tracks everyone mentioned. Some I didn't even know exist.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Awesome idea sharing opinions and experiences about our racing. overall experience is crucial to me and my traveling so location, trackside accomodations, and overall expense are the key points

1) Full Throttle (K-Raceway) Excellent Track, great traction, low tire wear, good driver stand, pitting, with a great location, high quality racing and a very affordable trip. Hotels are plentiful and close the city is great Nitro World Cup was my favorite race last year

2) Leisure Hours Great track, indoor pitting, silky smooth, great traction, excellent driver stand, hotels close enough, Byrons race excellent competiton!

3) Toledo Great track, super smooth, fast but still technical, great traction, low tire wear, Affordable trip, One of the best programs around, hotels are around but not too close. GLC is one of the most competitive races I have attended

4) Ft.Myers by far the most exciting track I have attended, great bite, low tire wear, close to hotels, and of course The Red Cup Guys! Winternats is the highest adrenaline race super fast layout awesome racing!

I only listed my top 4 but this doesnt exclude all the other great tracks and racers in he Country I love nitro on road and these 4 races are the ones I plan my schedule around!

Blue Diamond, Floyd, Port Jervis, Nuggets Ranch, GLARCRC, etc. all very fun tracks with great local competitors. Just like kits and engines evryone likes sumthin different and thats why Nitro On Road is the BEST form of rc racing I have Experienced!!!

Thanks to everyone who has put a track together for us to enjoy, if I have not mentioned you I have not attended yet but i hope to soon!!

Drew Q

Last edited by automagic302; 08-13-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: error
Old 08-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
If you have a track to race at, permanent or not, that is the Best They are getting too few and far in between
+1
Old 08-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

We do parking lot racing here in Utah, far from the best track, but we love nitro and have a good local group that runs twice a week. Batteries are for flashlights.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
Batteries are for flashlights.
And our women's BOB's when we are racing
Old 08-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spooky 1
We do parking lot racing here in Utah, far from the best track, but we love nitro and have a good local group that runs twice a week. Batteries are for flashlights.
Some of the best racing I have ever done has been in parking lots. Edison, NJ used to have some of the best racing around. Every month was like a GLC level of comp.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

I BELIEVE THAT PARKING LOTS IS THE GRASS ROOTS OF ON-ROAD RACING THATS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN BEFORE PERMANENT FACILTIYS BEGAN TO BE BUILT !!I HAVE HAD SO MUCH FUN RACING IN PARKING LOTS ITS WHERE MY ADDICTION BEGANIF IT WASNT FOR THE PARKING LOT RACES I PROBABLY WOULDNT BE INTO THIS HOBBY !THE PARKING LOT IS WHAT BASICALLY GROOMED MANY OF US FOR THE TRACKS WE RUN ON TODAY!!! GREAT POINT!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you like old skool and tough racing... The fort !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.