Community
Wiki Posts
Search

After run oils debate.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes, just be sure to burn all the fuel out.

Proper procedure to do this. Run your car till it shuts off due to it being out of fuel.....or so you think. Then you take it and put the glow-igniter to the car and try starting it again. This is where you will notice youve got more fuel in there.

Then it will completely stop puttering thats when youve pretty much expelled all fuel, stop the motor at BDC and your good till next race.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fraz
I don't know where people come up with this stuff but that is false. I have been using some or all of these products together and have not had a single problem. The only problems I have had with my motors is death from old age.
I run an O.S.TZ and in the booklet that came with the engine, under "care & maintenance" it says "Do not inject after-run oil into the carburator as this may cause the O-rings inside the carb to deteriorate". but it DOES say to inject after-run oil into the egine itself. But I too use WD-40 to clean my engine but now I thinking twice...?
Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Specifically what I did was have a rod, piston, and sleeve I was rebuilding but couldn't finish for the day. Lubed very well with wd40 and put in ziploc. Next day I think it was and the wd turned to a jelly like substance. It was enough for me to stop. It's good to use to clean the car with though. And contrary to what some say, don't spray it on your tires unless you aren't using them right away. If you do and go out in your heat it will be like a skating rink.