Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am a freak because i have polished my rc car parts?

i dont understand what would make you say that

i like to have a good looking car as well as a fast car

i cannot claim to be a TQ freak im into consistency i have found that driving a little more conservatively and finishing has won me more races than if i was one of those guys who come to the track and turn some brutally fast laps untill they break

but i think pepe would back me up when i say i am one of the fastest local racers around here

i am unable to compete on a larger scale due to the fact i have small children and my schedule doesnt allow me to go to alot of the larger races

but why call me a freak\

if the posts are that big of an issue for you i could delete them
Old 04-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wasn't worried about the material being so smooth itw as harder for the air to pick the heat up off of it. None the less, you're probably right, it doesn't matter that much, and it looks cool. A little fine buffing compound, a buffing wheel or dremel, and some time and you'll have a good looking car. Maybe I should do all the alum stuff on the car....
Old 04-22-2003, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi jason102276,

You've been very helpful to the forum. I think Corse-R was just teasing you. I'm amazed of how you can keep that buggy so clean. Keep up your good work!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jason102276

Jason... don't get angry man.... It was only a joke...
Old 04-22-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

The picture of your buggy looks cool having a clean car saids alot about a person, means you take pride in what you drive.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

i cannot claim to be a TQ freak im into consistency i have found that driving a little more conservatively and finishing has won me more races than if i was one of those guys who come to the track and turn some brutally fast laps untill they break

but i think pepe would back me up when i say i am one of the fastest local racers around here

i am unable to compete on a larger scale due to the fact i have small children and my schedule doesnt allow me to go to alot of the larger races

but why call me a freak\

if the posts are that big of an issue for you i could delete them

Hi Jason,
just take it as a compliment to the hard work that you've done...dont take it to heart..
All of us here are RC Freaks..!!! agree?
Old 04-22-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Too many freaks there....

Originally posted by Corse-R
Whoa!

This thread is getting full of hop-up freaks, polish freaks, what about getting some TQ freaks?
now i am hop up freak !!
Old 04-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

Finally done! Will launch to the market in mid May. I'll probably get a hold of it before then. eh, should I polish its head like pepe did?
Old 04-22-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

your right i over reacted

i am kinda upset because my local track is totally screwed up

the first race under new management was supposed to be run this past weekend and the computer system was a joke

i felt really bad for the 2 employees who were trying to run the races becuase the equipment they were given was junk

and this was being run by a sucessful hobby store that has already had a great track built behind it

why wouldnt they get the right stuff the first time they have the money

all the fast guys in the area were there we could have just as well have called it our regional

now everyone is going to split up and run at tracks all over instead of at one track

the hobby store has the best track around within a couple hours drive from my house in fact to get to a better track i have to drive at least 3 hours most others are nearly an hour

i guess im still pretty pissed off almost thought about selling onroad because of this

pepe and dg8one were there tekrsq thought about coming

sorry i guess this probably isnt the place for all this venting

i am able to keep my cars so clean using compressed air

i am a auto tech so i have an unlimited supply of 150+psi that and some denatured alcohol gets it that clean in a couple minutes and i have a really small compressor i take to the track i have an ac adapter for my truck so i can run it anywhere
Old 04-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

your right i over reacted

i am kinda upset because my local track is totally screwed up

the first race under new management was supposed to be run this past weekend and the computer system was a joke

i felt really bad for the 2 employees who were trying to run the races becuase the equipment they were given was junk

and this was being run by a sucessful hobby store that has already had a great track built behind it

why wouldnt they get the right stuff the first time they have the money

all the fast guys in the area were there we could have just as well have called it our regional

now everyone is going to split up and run at tracks all over instead of at one track

the hobby store has the best track around within a couple hours drive from my house in fact to get to a better track i have to drive at least 3 hours most others are nearly an hour

i guess im still pretty pissed off almost thought about selling onroad because of this

pepe and dg8one were there tekrsq thought about coming

sorry i guess this probably isnt the place for all this venting

i am able to keep my cars so clean using compressed air

i am a auto tech so i have an unlimited supply of 150+psi that and some denatured alcohol gets it that clean in a couple minutes and i have a really small compressor i take to the track i have an ac adapter for my truck so i can run it anywhere
Take it easy Jason... everything will be fine.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Vinyard
pepe, u are using a K&N filter?
are the same as they use on cars and bikes?
or do they have filters specially for R/C cars?
Even thoug I bought this filter from a hobby retailer (on Ebay - of course), I think K&N doesn't do filters especially for R/C cars.

Manticore (as usual) is right, I prefer to use the esponge filter instead of this one. Probably not because the performance (I am not that good to notice the difference) but because the K&N is veeeery expensive (paid $30 for it).
Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Pepe,

Can you tell me how you polished it? What tool and what kinda polishing compound? I wanna do it on my Big Kawahara head. Thanks...
I started using sand paper, all the way down from 600 to 2000. It took me some time. I used aluminum polishing compound (found in any auto store) And dremel, with those cloth polishing bits.

you have to be patient, and have a good amount of sand paper on hand.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Dill
did you notice the engine running any hotter after polishing it? Kinda wondered if it would run a lil hotter due to losing some surface area to the polishing.
I think it is very hard to say if the engine runs hotter or cooler due to the loss of of the roughness.

I remember that O'Donnell heads are (or were) considered the best ones and they have a completly smooth surface.

Last edited by Pepe; 04-22-2003 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

pepe looks good

what gave you the idea to polish the engine head? i know someone who also does that ME

did you get your radio figured out on sat?

do you really think your going to catch up to me in posts?

to polish the head i first use the dremel with a dremel bit called a buff that will allow you to get into the center

you can use a dremel to do the whole process but it can be hard to get it perfect becuase it swirls
Jason, I didn't get the idea from you... I never saw your cars polished. well actually I didn't know you were a "polish freak" j/k.
I got it somewere in the HPI forum.

I gues my radio is ok now, I just need to work in my clucht, it is engaging to late.

Hey Jason, you are not that far... only 550 post apart..... my semester is almos over.... shoot, but I still have to play some racquetball matches... you are right, it seems a lot of post away.

I may write short statements from now on
Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

pepe did you get to see my car before i put it away sat?

i was just kidding about polishing the head i actually saw an offroad friend do his car first and it looked so good i copied his i dont much care for the purple anodized stuff my wifes favorite color is purple so there is enough purple around me as it is

so how did you like the car on its virgin run pepe?

something about your car didnt feel quite right compared to mine but with the steering epa set like you had it i can understand

also i have changed to 30k in the rear it helps take out the push i told binky the same thing and after he switched it he said it was much better

next time i go there i may actually remove the front sway bar to get some more steering or change the front shock setup

corse r the new mugen mtx3 sway bar does it take away much rear traction? i would like to add steering but i am already close to loosing the rear around some corners

i hope they can get their act together and put together some good races there but untill they do i am going to go offroading

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.