Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Carb Slide

While i was trying to fix the throttle linkage, the servo had accidently applied too much force causing the part no 1683 to detach. I managed to fix it back but was worried that some internal parts of the carb could have been affected during the incident.
Can anyone recommends steps to ensure that tha carb is functioning properly?
cheers...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1700-000315.pdf (55.7 KB, 980 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default Re: Carb Slide

Originally posted by Advanti
While i was trying to fix the throttle linkage, the servo had accidently applied too much force causing the part no 1683 to detach. I managed to fix it back but was worried that some internal parts of the carb could have been affected during the incident.
cheers...
This has happened to me in the past, I have learnt to tighten this before installing the engine Hasn't effected the settings on my Nova in the past
Old 03-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Carb Slide

Originally posted by Advanti
cheers...
which high power servo you use to make that part detached?

Old 03-27-2003, 03:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Carb Slide

Originally posted by Manticore
which high power servo you use to make that part detached?

its ERG-VB servo...perhaps i didnt tighten it well when trying to adjust/ lower the angle, but was obstructed by the roll bar.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

My brakes still drag a bit but the linkage works fine though. I had my endpoints set to no lock up a bit when trigger full engaged.
maybe I still have to run it more.

btw, anybody else have problems with the inner wheels scorching?

I used my 26mm to break the engine in and ran it for a while but noticed the inner wheel is scorched. I then replace with the wheel that cam with the car and it happened to it also. I made sure there's no leftover plastics when the uprights were taken from the parts tree
Old 03-27-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sike

I used my 26mm to break the engine in and ran it for a while but noticed the inner wheel is scorched. I then replace with the wheel that cam with the car and it happened to it also. I made sure there's no leftover plastics when the uprights were taken from the parts tree
this is rather normal, as you can see that the gap is very close between the rim and the upright.
It happens when the wheel hit the board causing it to warp and rub against the rim...it could also due to the pebbles which stuck in between them when running on track...
Try fitting a new set of wheels and spin if they rub against each other...they should not touch.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Sike
My brakes still drag a bit but the linkage works fine though. I had my endpoints set to no lock up a bit when trigger full engaged.
maybe I still have to run it more.

you should use 1mm offset rims for MTX3 as this is the spec of this car. if you want to use zero off (standrd) rims, you need a 1mm hex spacer to make the track width 200.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to know how to adjust the height of the mtx3?

Old 03-27-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by darthkir
I would like to know how to adjust the height of the mtx3?

Shock collars
Old 03-28-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Novarossi
Shock collars
is there any provided with the kit?

what it does? does it increase or decrease the height?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

the shock collars are completely adjustable they are threaded on the shock body and turning them preloads the springs thus changing ride height and yes of course they are included
Old 03-29-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sike - the brake pads on the MTX are the biggest pain in the arse of the car when they are new. It is easiest to get a large emory board and place it on the table while putting the pad on top of it take it down. You have to take them down a lot and I can't quite remember how much but it took me a good 8 minutes of sanding on one to get it to the right size. You really need a pair of calipers to do this right, if you can when they begin not to rub, use the calibers and mic them so you know where to sand them down to in the future (can't remember if it says on the front page of the manual how far to sand them down).

You could also goto www.mrx3.com and goto tips, he has a neat trick to spring load the pads so they are as far away as possible from rubbing. He hasn't tried it and neither have I but it looks like it should work fine.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Robbie and everyone else at Mugen for all of the help and support for the MTX-3.
Old 03-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by tennessee
Thanks Robbie and everyone else at Mugen for all of the help and support for the MTX-3.
Mugen finishes 1-2-3 at airtronics race
Race results click here www.revrace.com
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-3-airtrnics.jpg  

Last edited by tennessee; 03-29-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default for sale

brand new mtx3 with every hop up from 3 racing and mugen,with or without brand new engine(os12trturbo,sirio 5 port or mt12,email me for more info,pics and price

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.