Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASIA REEDY RACE....HONG KONG

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geetoo
Ey guys I was walking along the rc shops here in HK and just bumped into Hara, Karn and Miura....the big guns of Hotbodies. Also TRF's Satoshi was around the area. Cant wait for the practice tom at Hollywood Plaza Mall. Keep you guys updated. Good thing I brought a camera with me. I just came here to watch the battle.
dont tell me thats in Mongkok Gareth: are you guys racing in that Reedy Race?
Old 07-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

What kind of FDR will they be using on that kind of track with 7-8T motors?

That cant run anthing below 9.0 FDR, dont you think?
Old 07-01-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default updates from the track

Just got back from the track. saw few practices and Hara seems to have the best car right from the first practice. Masami is close but some accident (bad accident) during practices. Barry looks to be in good shape. Jiles was not so good in the morning but looking much better in the afternoon. And Surikarn, I think he is just holding back during practice , driving very smooth.

will load some pictures up tomorrow. no cables
Old 07-01-2005, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

Its good to know Masami is doing well! I wish he could win or finish 2nd or 3th, have you noticed he his always in the Top 5 but hasnt won a big Race like this since a long time (Exept national Japan) but he deserves it IMO.

Also, Yokomo has recently made lots of efforts to bring their kits to another level.The fit and finish and overall quality of their newer kits since the SDW is just outsanding and amazing.The material used are high grade stuff too at least as good, if not better than X-Ray, Tamiya, Corally and HPI\HB

Thats I think it would be cool if they win
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got back to the hotel...wow what a long day.....Im whooped...

Oscar got here today from switzerland...he said he couldnt sleep on the plane and I think it was true cuz at the end of the day he looked like he needed to sleep for the next 3 days...lol

Practice started at 1030 this morning at the track was very loose......Masami looked the best(all that drifting practice)with Satoshi right behind a close second....I thought my car was ok but not great first time out.....with controlled tires but not controlled inserts or rims it is kinda crazy but I think everyone that is going well are using JB foams but all different wheels...

After 5 rounds of controlled practice there are 5-6 guys that have broken into the 11 second range with Hara being the most consistant right now...The track is still alittle loose so it makes for some fun sliding if you get off line(or a major jump off a dot to behind the drivers stand)I wont tell you who that was ......but I did loose my body clips on that one....LOL

Behind Hara, there is Masami and myself very close(so old school is comming through against all these young bucks...LOL)then Karn and Jilles(who finally got his car better).....

I am very pleased with myself right now...afterall it has been over a year since I have run rubber tires on carpet and the Factory TC4 is keeping right in there....

The race atmosphere is great....everyone is having fun...lots of joking around in the pits which is quite nice after all the race I have been to this month it takes some of the stress away.....The spectators are lined up around ever level of the mall to watch practice and its only Friday...cant wait to see how many people are there on the weekend....

I will keep you all posted with more news as the race goes on....

I am doing my best.....but I do need some sleep(after I redo my shocks)lol

Take Care and be safe this 4th of July weekend,

Barry
Old 07-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

Good job Barry, keep up the good work!!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Barry, I am also working on the shocks
I am sorry I scared you today, it was me I completely forgotten to wait for Jimmy's annoucement.
Hope you will continue to do well tomorrow!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That is nice looking track. Maybe some day something like that can be done in the U.S. even if it is only for one weekend.

Oh good luck to Barry B.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Parts, Line 2!
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Barry:
Good luck at the race. I still need your address and sizes. PM me the info.
Carl
DC Shoes
Old 07-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Mars,

Best Of Luck!

I made a mistake as I thought that the Reedy Was at Sept. Didnt make it back on time to watch this major event.

Just Couldnt understand why some H.K. forums are bashing A. L_M, he is a great guy. I dont think if he was needed for the two qualifying because he will be just too easy for him to qualify in the top final lists. Send my best regards to him and tell him I will see him soon if he remember who the hell am I.

Hope I will meet you in KWS and pass me some tips for setting the BD.

Barry, I really wish to meet you in person and have your great autograph!!
Old 07-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Just got back to the hotel...wow what a long day.....Im whooped...

Oscar got here today from switzerland...he said he couldnt sleep on the plane and I think it was true cuz at the end of the day he looked like he needed to sleep for the next 3 days...lol

Practice started at 1030 this morning at the track was very loose......Masami looked the best(all that drifting practice)with Satoshi right behind a close second....I thought my car was ok but not great first time out.....with controlled tires but not controlled inserts or rims it is kinda crazy but I think everyone that is going well are using JB foams but all different wheels...

After 5 rounds of controlled practice there are 5-6 guys that have broken into the 11 second range with Hara being the most consistant right now...The track is still alittle loose so it makes for some fun sliding if you get off line(or a major jump off a dot to behind the drivers stand)I wont tell you who that was ......but I did loose my body clips on that one....LOL

Behind Hara, there is Masami and myself very close(so old school is comming through against all these young bucks...LOL)then Karn and Jilles(who finally got his car better).....

I am very pleased with myself right now...afterall it has been over a year since I have run rubber tires on carpet and the Factory TC4 is keeping right in there....

The race atmosphere is great....everyone is having fun...lots of joking around in the pits which is quite nice after all the race I have been to this month it takes some of the stress away.....The spectators are lined up around ever level of the mall to watch practice and its only Friday...cant wait to see how many people are there on the weekend....

I will keep you all posted with more news as the race goes on....

I am doing my best.....but I do need some sleep(after I redo my shocks)lol

Take Care and be safe this 4th of July weekend,

Barry
good race barry~
see u tomr^^~
Old 07-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Its good to know Masami is doing well! I wish he could win or finish 2nd or 3th, have you noticed he his always in the Top 5 but hasnt won a big Race like this since a long time (Exept national Japan) but he deserves it IMO.

Also, Yokomo has recently made lots of efforts to bring their kits to another level.The fit and finish and overall quality of their newer kits since the SDW is just outsanding and amazing.The material used are high grade stuff too at least as good, if not better than X-Ray, Tamiya, Corally and HPI\HB

Thats I think it would be cool if they win
I've noticed this as well, but he still great in 1/12th
Old 07-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Which type of Team Orion JB foam ? 2 pcs or one piece foam ? Blue, yellow or yellow/blue ?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nicolas
Which type of Team Orion JB foam ? 2 pcs or one piece foam ? Blue, yellow or yellow/blue ?

Thanks
new type blue yellow blue .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.