R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2005, 03:16 AM   #91
Tech Master
 
buboy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: manila,philippines
Posts: 1,601
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geetoo
Ey guys I was walking along the rc shops here in HK and just bumped into Hara, Karn and Miura....the big guns of Hotbodies. Also TRF's Satoshi was around the area. Cant wait for the practice tom at Hollywood Plaza Mall. Keep you guys updated. Good thing I brought a camera with me. I just came here to watch the battle.
dont tell me thats in Mongkok Gareth: are you guys racing in that Reedy Race?
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 03:17 AM   #92
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Behind the screen
Posts: 226
Default

What kind of FDR will they be using on that kind of track with 7-8T motors?

That cant run anthing below 9.0 FDR, dont you think?
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 04:23 AM   #93
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default updates from the track

Just got back from the track. saw few practices and Hara seems to have the best car right from the first practice. Masami is close but some accident (bad accident) during practices. Barry looks to be in good shape. Jiles was not so good in the morning but looking much better in the afternoon. And Surikarn, I think he is just holding back during practice , driving very smooth.

will load some pictures up tomorrow. no cables
__________________
Nitro-x Tomorrow Fuel today
Blitz body the champion choice
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:38 AM   #94
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Behind the screen
Posts: 226
Default

Its good to know Masami is doing well! I wish he could win or finish 2nd or 3th, have you noticed he his always in the Top 5 but hasnt won a big Race like this since a long time (Exept national Japan) but he deserves it IMO.

Also, Yokomo has recently made lots of efforts to bring their kits to another level.The fit and finish and overall quality of their newer kits since the SDW is just outsanding and amazing.The material used are high grade stuff too at least as good, if not better than X-Ray, Tamiya, Corally and HPI\HB

Thats I think it would be cool if they win
Tbevofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #95
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Pasadena Ca. U.S.A
Posts: 771
Default

Just got back to the hotel...wow what a long day.....Im whooped...

Oscar got here today from switzerland...he said he couldnt sleep on the plane and I think it was true cuz at the end of the day he looked like he needed to sleep for the next 3 days...lol

Practice started at 1030 this morning at the track was very loose......Masami looked the best(all that drifting practice)with Satoshi right behind a close second....I thought my car was ok but not great first time out.....with controlled tires but not controlled inserts or rims it is kinda crazy but I think everyone that is going well are using JB foams but all different wheels...

After 5 rounds of controlled practice there are 5-6 guys that have broken into the 11 second range with Hara being the most consistant right now...The track is still alittle loose so it makes for some fun sliding if you get off line(or a major jump off a dot to behind the drivers stand)I wont tell you who that was ......but I did loose my body clips on that one....LOL

Behind Hara, there is Masami and myself very close(so old school is comming through against all these young bucks...LOL)then Karn and Jilles(who finally got his car better).....

I am very pleased with myself right now...afterall it has been over a year since I have run rubber tires on carpet and the Factory TC4 is keeping right in there....

The race atmosphere is great....everyone is having fun...lots of joking around in the pits which is quite nice after all the race I have been to this month it takes some of the stress away.....The spectators are lined up around ever level of the mall to watch practice and its only Friday...cant wait to see how many people are there on the weekend....

I will keep you all posted with more news as the race goes on....

I am doing my best.....but I do need some sleep(after I redo my shocks)lol

Take Care and be safe this 4th of July weekend,

Barry
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #96
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 168
Default

Good job Barry, keep up the good work!!
Nitro-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #97
Tech Adept
 
Mars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 236
Default

Barry, I am also working on the shocks
I am sorry I scared you today, it was me I completely forgotten to wait for Jimmy's annoucement.
Hope you will continue to do well tomorrow!
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #98
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

That is nice looking track. Maybe some day something like that can be done in the U.S. even if it is only for one weekend.

Oh good luck to Barry B.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Parts, Line 2!
__________________
Minimal signature to save screen space! Big sigs suX0r
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #100
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

Barry:
Good luck at the race. I still need your address and sizes. PM me the info.
Carl
DC Shoes
__________________
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #101
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 279
Default

Mars,

Best Of Luck!

I made a mistake as I thought that the Reedy Was at Sept. Didnt make it back on time to watch this major event.

Just Couldnt understand why some H.K. forums are bashing A. L_M, he is a great guy. I dont think if he was needed for the two qualifying because he will be just too easy for him to qualify in the top final lists. Send my best regards to him and tell him I will see him soon if he remember who the hell am I.

Hope I will meet you in KWS and pass me some tips for setting the BD.

Barry, I really wish to meet you in person and have your great autograph!!
MIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #102
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: HONG KONG
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Just got back to the hotel...wow what a long day.....Im whooped...

Oscar got here today from switzerland...he said he couldnt sleep on the plane and I think it was true cuz at the end of the day he looked like he needed to sleep for the next 3 days...lol

Practice started at 1030 this morning at the track was very loose......Masami looked the best(all that drifting practice)with Satoshi right behind a close second....I thought my car was ok but not great first time out.....with controlled tires but not controlled inserts or rims it is kinda crazy but I think everyone that is going well are using JB foams but all different wheels...

After 5 rounds of controlled practice there are 5-6 guys that have broken into the 11 second range with Hara being the most consistant right now...The track is still alittle loose so it makes for some fun sliding if you get off line(or a major jump off a dot to behind the drivers stand)I wont tell you who that was ......but I did loose my body clips on that one....LOL

Behind Hara, there is Masami and myself very close(so old school is comming through against all these young bucks...LOL)then Karn and Jilles(who finally got his car better).....

I am very pleased with myself right now...afterall it has been over a year since I have run rubber tires on carpet and the Factory TC4 is keeping right in there....

The race atmosphere is great....everyone is having fun...lots of joking around in the pits which is quite nice after all the race I have been to this month it takes some of the stress away.....The spectators are lined up around ever level of the mall to watch practice and its only Friday...cant wait to see how many people are there on the weekend....

I will keep you all posted with more news as the race goes on....

I am doing my best.....but I do need some sleep(after I redo my shocks)lol

Take Care and be safe this 4th of July weekend,

Barry
good race barry~
see u tomr^^~
asurada_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:29 PM   #103
Tech Master
 
axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
Its good to know Masami is doing well! I wish he could win or finish 2nd or 3th, have you noticed he his always in the Top 5 but hasnt won a big Race like this since a long time (Exept national Japan) but he deserves it IMO.

Also, Yokomo has recently made lots of efforts to bring their kits to another level.The fit and finish and overall quality of their newer kits since the SDW is just outsanding and amazing.The material used are high grade stuff too at least as good, if not better than X-Ray, Tamiya, Corally and HPI\HB

Thats I think it would be cool if they win
I've noticed this as well, but he still great in 1/12th
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #104
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 141
Default

Which type of Team Orion JB foam ? 2 pcs or one piece foam ? Blue, yellow or yellow/blue ?

Thanks
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 05:28 PM   #105
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: HKG
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas
Which type of Team Orion JB foam ? 2 pcs or one piece foam ? Blue, yellow or yellow/blue ?

Thanks
new type blue yellow blue .
HKRCMODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Niko Cup...Grand Final...2007...Johor...Serpent Asia Nitro Tour 2008...Hong Kong 819 Malaysian R/C Racers 371 12-28-2007 09:16 PM
where to race in hong kong? pimplemaster Hong Kong Racing 1 04-16-2007 05:52 AM
Hong Kong Race Meetings LexLoafer Hong Kong Racing 5 11-26-2005 05:29 AM
Reedy Race Asia chaini Electric On-Road 0 06-28-2005 03:23 AM
reedy race of asia Kyew Singapore R/C Racers 16 09-10-2003 04:50 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net