Search
Like Tree35Likes

Speed Passion brand new Spec Racing LeMans car - The LM1

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
got my LM-1 today. No time to build or paint but looks cool so far.
DUDE, ill drive to San Francisco and buy that off you so i can run it this saturday... its only a 4 hours drive!!!
Old 11-20-2013, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

I still don't see any way on the web site to buy just the body. Can someone please provide a link? Or a part number so I can order it at the local track?
Old 11-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
I still don't see any way on the web site to buy just the body. Can someone please provide a link? Or a part number so I can order it at the local track?
#SF000173

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/1-10-lm...ans-bodyshell/

http://www.tsrproducts.com/index.php...t/?q=SF000173+
Old 11-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

A new build for rcf1.fr , stay tuned videos will come soon

Old 11-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Very Nice Build

After finishing the initial build, I was very pleased.

Packaging was very well done, especially with all of the screws of the same size in their own respective bags.

A few things I ran into, but by no means a red flag.

I used a 3x5 FHS for the Football pivot instead of the specified 3x6. There was a small burr from the swedging process of the hex in the pivot balls that would not allow the screw to tighten properly. Not a big deal

Howard informed me before the build to check the spur gear for tightness on the Diff hub prior to build. Seems the MFG may have changed the core or material so the ID is slightly smaller then the SP1 version. I only had to remove the smallest bit of material from 1 side (I removed the material from the ejector side of the mold on the spur, designated by a distinct circle around the core.) of the supplied spur for a nice smooth fit.

I also found it easier to assemble the stand offs to the battery brace prior to installation to the chassis to minimize twisting when tightening it up.

If anyone has an extra servo mount and is missing a 10 deg castor block, I have it . Once again, not a big deal to me, I have others.

Now off to the Body
Old 11-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd

Packaging was very well done, especially with all of the screws of the same size in their own respective bags.

I used a 3x5 FHS for the Football pivot instead of the specified 3x6. There was a small burr from the swedging process of the hex in the pivot balls that would not allow the screw to tighten properly. Not a big deal

Howard informed me before the build to check the spur gear for tightness on the Diff hub prior to build. Seems the MFG may have changed the core or material so the ID is slightly smaller then the SP1 version. I only had to remove the smallest bit of material from 1 side (I removed the material from the ejector side of the mold on the spur, designated by a distinct circle around the core.) of the supplied spur for a nice smooth fit.

I also found it easier to assemble the stand offs to the battery brace prior to installation to the chassis to minimize twisting when tightening it up.

If anyone has an extra servo mount and is missing a 10 deg castor block, I have it . Once again, not a big deal to me, I have others.

Now off to the Body
Very nice Eric, mine is on the way. Can't wait to compare to my WGT conversion on the track.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
Howard........you need to purchase it from SPEED POWER online website. Not Speed Passion....
Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I looked at the combo that RCMart offered. Shipping made it cheaper to buy the same combo in the US.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
I looked at the combo that RCMart offered. Shipping made it cheaper to buy the same combo in the US.
And the support by US will make it even better unless you like to send stuff back to Hong Kong back and forth....
Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Now off to the Body
had the same issue with the spur gear , i haven't any other problem so far.
now time for the electronics
Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Howard........you need to purchase it from SPEED POWER online website. Not Speed Passion....
Originally Posted by celt
Thanks, guys!
Old 11-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
And the support by US will make it even better unless you like to send stuff back to Hong Kong back and forth....
Hong Kong had the esc, motor, and car available now. Plus the car is $200 + and who knows how much the combo is and when will both be available? That's why I went with Hong Kong. I think both will com out to about the same price, Hong Kong maybe less cus no taxes.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Now off to the Body
Can you post a report on the car once you have had a chance to run it at your track?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

im also not entirely sure if the chassis will come with the body? it seems like the body may be exta. looks like the car is 199.99, body is 45.99, esc+ motor (that i have) 59.90, shipping 45.00=350.88. i paid less and i have it now. i dont know if sp has them in stock at the moment and if they too will offer everything as a package deal, esc,motor, chassis, and body, such ac hk.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just to let everyone know I have a huge SpeedPassion order on the way, probably due by the end of the week. I have LM kits, spares and hop ups. Our price on the LM1 is $189.99+ shipping I also ordered 10 additional body sets as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.