CVEC is under new ownership, here is CVEC's R40

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone going to the IHobbyExpo in LA?
Old 08-17-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

I was considering a Cvec pipe for my engine RB V12 turbo. I was wondering what the roar legal pipes attributes are cause whats the difference of the one chamber and the two chamber pipe. Also how come the one chamber pipes have an attribute torque or rpm but the two stage/chamber is just...A two stage/chamber pipe? Any info on each would be great cause i dont know much about pipes in general either

Thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Addict

Well, this is just in short, a single chamber pipe, you can get more RPM's out of it, but it is louder. A two chamber pipe can get more torque out of it, and it is a little quieter. We have a mid range pipe coming, I've been testing it on a Mugen Prospec MTX3, with a Mugen X12 engine, running 20% fuel. Wow, this thing is real nice. I'll be posting more about it after I run it in Lakeland, FL next weekend.

The pipe of my choice right now, is the RS120TLC, or the RS150TLC. The 150 has a 5.2mm ID stinger. Great torque and good top end. The 120 has a 5.0mm ID stinger, and it's the same in power, just not as much on the top end as the 150, but compared to other 5.0mm pipes, it’s the best in my book.

Want to thank everyone that has tried the new CVEC pipes, and want to remind you all; let me know what you like, or dislike about the pipes. I'm a racer just like any of you. I want to make the best pipes on the market. We make the pipe right here on CNC HAAS machines, in Melbourne, Florida, USA...
Old 08-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

I think i will wait for the mid range pipe to come out.(any idea on a date range or something). I think the cvec pipe will be a great addtion to my car. is the mid range two chamber or single and will it be avaible in inline/one piece design? Hope my engine lives to see its new friend...Airflilter was knocked off after my car spun outta control into a huge drity blue tarp(used to cover houses when they are being built and have no roof). I lifted the tarp and the filter flew out . I quickly acted and plugged my fingure over the expose carb shutting the engine off. It was at about 1/4 throttle. I checked for dirt throught the carb with a cue tip and saw nothing. I Flushed the engine out with fuel and wd-40 and gonna open it up to check out the internals for dirt or wear. Well wish me luck.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

While you have the back plate off, use high temp silicone to seal it. Just use very little, even if it has an o-ring gasket.

Our mid-range pipe is a dual chamber, and it will be available as a one-piece design with header.

On a side note, I just ran a Revo with the OS .18 in it, with our new Revo pipe for the OS engine. Wow, runs great, sounds great. Now we are just working out the header part. That too will be a one piece design.

Gotta run, testing the Savage big block pipe now.

Laters and good luck.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Joe the new Savage pipe looks great.
Its got a real armored look to it.

Can't wait to see it run!

but I bet I'll have to wait untill the blisters go
away from braking it in with a pull start

Anyways glad to see progress.

and yes I AM talking
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Well, good weekend of racing in Daytona, FL. This time, all top 3 cars that won, all had CVEC pipes on them. Pete Pepe took 3rd place with his V-one-RRR WC, JP Black, and CVEC's RS150TLC pipe.

Bobby Watson took 2nd place with his V-one-RRR WC, Sirio Evo3 modified, with a CVEC RS150TLC pipe.

I, Joe Anderson III took 1st with my Mugen MTX-3 Prospec with a Mugen X12 engine, and our new pipe coming out in a few weeks, aimed at the midrange RPM's.

I was not the quickest car on the track, but I kept improving the car all night, and in the main, I was just consistant enough, and fast enough to take the lead, and never looked back. Bobby and Pete's car's were very fast, but I was able to hold on, and had plenty of power on tap when I needed it.

Thanks to PNP Hobbies for the power, and a pit crew. JAC for the fuel (20%) Paintin Pete for touching up the car the night before, and Abner for letting me pit in his nice new trailer (ahh, A/C).

Our new Savage pipe is coming along, as I'm still in the testing faze of R/D. So far, our pipe matches the HPI pipe, but seems to be a few db quieter. I'll be testing the db later this week.

I'll have pictures of the Mugen later today.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

The Mugen

Old 08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Click here to visit our racing new's page, it has a few other pictures on it.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

looks very nice Joe!! see you at superiors!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Did pretty good at the last points series race this weekend.

To read up on it, or to see some pictures, visit us here:

http://www.cvec-racing.com/9_4_05.html
Old 09-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

are you folks going to try anything for the 1/5th scale onroad cars. For the Zenoah 230
Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

Nice new body: