R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Hara is the type of pro driver that is very approachable you can ask him several questions without him getting annoyed or giving you smart ass remarks he will also give you advice on set ups if you ask etc etc. Its something that not all pro drivers know how to do. Also did I mention hes FAST!!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yea i can second that. at the paved nationals last year in oregon Hara was the coolest person you could meet. I know people hung out with him and took pictures with him all in all a stand up guy that is just driving RC cars as a hobby more then a pro racer. he is there to have fun, unlike some of us that loose site of the fact that this is, for the most part, a hobby. and when you do loose site of that its not as fun anymore and that is why Hara is a great driver its not always a Job to him but a hobby where he can go out and drive to have fun
Old 06-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah Hara is pretty darn cool. Gave me a good rundown of his 1/12 and explained why everything worked. It was cool.

-Korey
Old 06-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

two things. i can't speak for everyone, but i generally feel it is easier to gain ground on someone than to maintain a lead. that may be why hara wa always catching up to the leaders. maybe he feels this way too.
also did anybody else get a chuckle out ot the comment that they "only got 4 sets of tires for 8 races".. ha i only get one set of tires per month... budgets $uck.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tallyrc
two things. i can't speak for everyone, but i generally feel it is easier to gain ground on someone than to maintain a lead. that may be why hara wa always catching up to the leaders. maybe he feels this way too.
also did anybody else get a chuckle out ot the comment that they "only got 4 sets of tires for 8 races".. ha i only get one set of tires per month... budgets $uck.
it's easier to do your best laps....
but it's harder to keep the pace....

you can see marc rheinard doing the fastest laps, but he did'nt get closer to the other racers right on his front....
Old 06-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
When you're at a race like this, second run tires many times can make the difference between 22 laps and 23 laps which can be the difference between the A and the D main. Tire strategy is very important at a race like this. And there really aren't and budgets for tires. You get as many as you can tech usually. I don't know anybody who bought and used less than the allotted 4 sets to tech, even in open.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
which can be the difference between the A and the D main.
or even the G
Old 06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antonio Sabato
or even the G
Yep even in the G.......I was in the E are you going to rag on me next?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Old 06-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Antonio,

You obviously have no clue what racing is like at the national level. The ignorant should not speak about what they do not know for they will make themselves look like imbeciles. Attend a race sometime; we'll see how much whining you do after you realize how hard it is for even the "fast club racers" to make the top 30, let alone the top 20.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Spectating, I saw tons of talent. A racer is a racer, period! How often, and at which events a racer chooses to attend events is only a matter of a racers budget. Everyone there in my opinion drove awesome. It made me anticipate the Tamiya TCS race there this weekend.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a way to explain it that this guy might get the idea about how close the competition is at a race like this. There's maybe a 20 second span between TQ and say, 70th place on the grid in any given round. Take that 20 seconds and spread it across 70 drivers. That's a little under .3 sec race time between each drivers run on average. Not lap time, race time. You go wide one extra time in a corner, you just lost a spot on the grid. You hit the kink once and have to be marshalled, there's 20 spots right there. So please stop making this race out to be less than it is. I know I was in the G main. As I said before, I had a rough week. I'm over it. Why aren't you?
Old 06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Look at how many Factory representitives and drivers respond on the RDX thread vs. how many AE guys respond in the TC4 thread. You can tell who wants to support their customer more.
Don't leave out Schumacher Corner! We've been here since this was RcTouring.com

Almost every Schumacher Factory driver on Earth has an RCTech account. PW is the US Team Manager and finished 11th in Invite. I am the US Sales Manager. We all work to get info out to the club racers ASAP.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Don't leave out Schumacher Corner! We've been here since this was RcTouring.com

Almost every Schumacher Factory driver on Earth has an RCTech account. PW is the US Team Manager and finished 11th in Invite. I am the US Sales Manager. We all work to get info out to the club racers ASAP.

jack come to schumacher corner and see how much attention you get!
Old 06-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yea Adrian I will have to agree, the Schumacher thread is always bumpin. Very helpful people in there with quick answers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.