Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 06:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
So does anyone know if there is a mi6 coming or is the Evi here to stay for another year?
.. to the best of our knowledge, the EVO will remain the platform for the foreseeable future. They'll continue to develop bits of the car and release them as options ( ie: Twin post steering, the newest shock towers ). It seemed uncharacteristic for them to release two basically new platforms back to back like they had with 5 and the EVO. Schumacher works diligently to keep most of the spare parts relevant across several platforms; this helps keep production and ownership costs as minimal as possible.

Also anyone who drove the BD7 and this car what's your thoughts?
Our drivers have run both and both platforms are very good. They both generate a good amount of mechanical grip. The EVO seems to really shine on asphalt. These were both ran in MOD with very similar times. The BD7 seemed difficult to free up for 17.5 and was much better in MOD - likely due to the inherent grip it generates. The EVO seemed to work better for us in 17.5 than the YOK. As with everything, this is only our opinion; any car can be good in capable hands. Hope it helps ..!

..p
Old 05-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Did anyone test the AVID Schumacher Mi5evo Aluminum Chassis?

@DiscountRCStore: What are your experiences with it? Especially compared with the original carbon fiber and aluminum chassis.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JWick
Did anyone test the AVID Schumacher Mi5evo Aluminum Chassis?

@DiscountRCStore: What are your experiences with it? Especially compared with the original carbon fiber and aluminum chassis.
Hello..!

We've not yet tested with the AVID alloy chassis on our EVO. Our feedback however from those running one has been positive. Feedback suggests that the AVID chassis flexes just a touch more than the U4608 Alloy but less than the kit carbon chassis. The AVID chassis is 18 grams lighter than the U4608 and it's unique battery mounting system eliminates the tape from running under the chassis. The benefit overall is that it seems to make the car more consistent and easier to drive over both stock chassis's in medium and high bite situations. A car that is generally easier to drive consistently will usually yield more laps, in our experience anyway. Please let us know if we can provide you with further assistance ..

..p
Old 05-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anyone had any Issues with diffs or shocks leaking? What about the arms getting slop in them more then other cars? What is the most common broken part on the car?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone had any Issues with diffs or shocks leaking? What about the arms getting slop in them more then other cars? What is the most common broken part on the car?

For the diff they have released new O ring kit and any new car kit brought now has them in it, well my last one did.
Shocks, think it's normal for people to be running Yokomo Blue O rings with 1 internal washer.
Wishbones have the slop adjuster built in to reduce slop and I have zero slop on a 1 year old car.
Breakages, depends how hard you hit stuff, but I'd looking for spares then it's the typical normal things I would get wishbones hubs etc.

HTH
Old 05-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So I recently bought a used MI-5 for a decent price and I've found it to be an excellent car for me however I would like to get a bit more steering? Does the Evo steering rack help and if so what specific parts are required to make the change? Any other bits one might recommend?
Old 05-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ScottE1776
So I recently bought a used MI-5 for a decent price and I've found it to be an excellent car for me however I would like to get a bit more steering? Does the Evo steering rack help and if so what specific parts are required to make the change? Any other bits one might recommend?
According to the previous page someone says the Evo Rack will fit, the kit you get contains all the parts you need.
For the original Mi5 make sure you have the extra top deck brace as gives car more overall steering.
Depends where you want more steering on or off power? I would play with diff oil and roll centres as the have a big effect on the original Mi5.

HTH
Old 05-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Hey All, I have a brand new original Mi5 in a factory sealed box for sale if anyone has any interest please pm me for info.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

chiefj48, sent you a PM....
Old 05-13-2015, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Teacher
chiefj48, sent you a PM....
It's not there, maybe you need to send it again?
Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

chiefj48...Hmmm...ok sent it again.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

chiefj48...Hmmm...ok sent it again.
got it.......
Old 05-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiefj48
Hey All, I have a brand new original Mi5 in a factory sealed box for sale if anyone has any interest please pm me for info.
still available......

Old 05-18-2015, 03:17 AM
Tech Champion

Any of you guys tried the big bore shocks on either the Mi5 or the Mi5evo? I tried them this weekend on my evo and ran into some minor issues. First, it seems that when you mount them to the car, since they are wider they rub the sway bar. I was able to shim them out but really don't know how that changes how they work...? Second, I was able to run 16lb springs in the front and 14lb in the rear but the car seemed to need softer. I don't think Schumacher makes anything softer so I was wondering if any other spring would work. Any thoughts....
Old 05-18-2015, 04:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any of you guys tried the big bore shocks on either the Mi5 or the Mi5evo? I tried them this weekend on my evo and ran into some minor issues. First, it seems that when you mount them to the car, since they are wider they rub the sway bar. I was able to shim them out but really don't know how that changes how they work...? Second, I was able to run 16lb springs in the front and 14lb in the rear but the car seemed to need softer. I don't think Schumacher makes anything softer so I was wondering if any other spring would work. Any thoughts....
. Hey Teach. .. What diameter and length do you need? .. Also FWIW - the team's been doing allot of work with shocks on our off road stuff this year; the correlation is that a larger diameter piston will pack faster. I know we don't really experience pack with on road, but it will feel stiffer as a byproduct of the larger diameter .. especially if the piston is thicker too.. All this to say that it's not unusual to go down in oil a bit when the piston is either bigger, thicker or both .. contact me at the shop if you need more detail ... hope it helps..!

..p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.