Search

Tamiya "DJ" Pro-Module Rear Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tamiya "DJ" Pro-Module Rear Suspension System

talk about it here

Tamiya "DJ" Pro-Module Rear Suspension System

Now available from Tamiya America, Inc. is a new concept in suspension design, the Pro-Module Rear Suspension system for the 415MS and Evolution IV chassis kits. Item # 1004

The Pro-Module Rear Suspension incorporates the upper link and wheel hub as part of the dampening system as apposed to a conventional design. This effectively creates a linkage system (cantilever) with no additional moving parts. The result is a reactive and exponential dampening geometry to enhance control and drivability. Both the arms and hubs are machined aluminum finished with a bold anodized plating. Hubs feature 0 deg. of toe.

System Contents
1002 Pro-Module Suspension Arm 2pc
1003 Pro-Module Suspension Hub 2pc
N/A Spring (Red) 2pc
9805611 5 X 9mm Ball Connector 2pc
53533 3 X 16mm Titanium Screw 4pc
9805894 10mm Spacer 4pc
9804153 5.5 X 2mm Spacer 2pc
9804152 5.5 X 3mm Spacer 2pc

looks preety good to me...by wat they say there it should handle better....it deffenatly brings the bling
Old 05-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Already ordered mine... can't wait to try it out.

Should be very good for the bumpy tracks we have over here.
Gotta love the alloy rear arms

Oh and btw... all the gubbins basically means the rear setups can be run really soft to improve stability, so says it's creator David Jun

Later
Ed
Old 05-05-2005, 08:17 AM
R/C Tech Founder

That looks pretty different, to say the least. I am glad somebody is experimenting with unconventional suspension designs.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

It's actually a design borrowed from full sized cars. Should be good and if his Jun's car is an indication of what he designed for porduction, it should be good.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Not unconventional ....!!
It works like a mcphereson strut! but having said it was lotus that poineered the strut on road cars and said that they provided good handling for a light weight supension.
Most cars run a fixed strut setup though which fixed camber caster angle and toe to some degree on the rear supension.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Unconventional as in, different from (most?) every other touring car currently on the market. I know these are in use all over the place elsewhere...
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry if this sounds dense, but I can't tell what's so different about this design. Upper link to hub carrier is same old thing isn't it?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it's to do with the way the shock is mounted on the hub. It's quite complex, and i don't fully understand how it works, but sufice to say it allows the suspension to be run much softer (springs, pistons, oils), which aids stability.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pops looks where the shock attaches to the hub you now have no leverage from the arm against the shock. You have a direct connection of spring rate to wheel. Big difference in theory. Also with the softer spring gives a better(slower) control of wheel velocity as you are not trying to compress and control the release of more (harder spring) energy.

I should have my set tommorrow and plan to run it up at Peel-it on Saturday if you want to come get a look at it.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
Pops looks where the shock attaches to the hub you now have no leverage from the arm against the shock. You have a direct connection of spring rate to wheel. Big difference in theory. Also with the softer spring gives a better(slower) control of wheel velocity as you are not trying to compress and control the release of more (harder spring) energy.

I should have my set tommorrow and plan to run it up at Peel-it on Saturday if you want to come get a look at it.
Blah-blah-blah -Dan-you dont know anything!! j/k-NOw-when I get home I expect your evoIV to be on my doorstep for sme carpet testing of that new rear suspension. Are many truly attributing DJ's recird lap at THQ to this alone?

Any chance of putting it on the TA04 or TB02??
Old 05-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Ed can I have a look at it when you come up to sharley.

It looks like it will stop the car rolled by bumps and kerb riding and stop the camber change as much when it rolls through a corner. It probably design to keep the camber at a fixed angle going over bumps, and massivly reduce the camber change in a corner without having to use harder springs. If the top link was'nt used it could run a fixed camber angle through out compression.

It 's intrestring I give yer that but it a whole new ball game for setting up the supension
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure if Derf will allow the change to those chassi and you will get Mayo all worked up with suspension changes to different chassis. Besides you will want the TA05 by then you chassis whore.

If you want to run the EVO I'll box it up and send it back for some testing. E-mail me
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

yeah, this is something that will be good. i've always liked the long arm designs for the reasons of making closer the shock rate to the wheel rate. this accomplishes that much more effectively and we will still be able to run short arms for the preferred chassis roll characteristics.

* the new losi could use this design as the current lower shock mount is closer to the inner hingepins than to the outside!

thanks for the heads up, ray.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

wow, I have seen this system at the worlds (on David's Evo4 and Fernando's 415).... the dream just came true!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Difuser
Not sure if Derf will allow the change to those chassi and you will get Mayo all worked up with suspension changes to different chassis. Besides you will want the TA05 by then you chassis whore.

If you want to run the EVO I'll box it up and send it back for some testing. E-mail me
Dont temp me-and who are you calling a chassis.

I'll be back from China on the 23rd. Make sure its here that day so I can run it on the 24th!!! Yes-I am kidding. I'll expect a full report on how it works-I'll check e-mail when I get to Guan Hai on or about the 10th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.