Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Steve... wazz up?
It was good seeing you in Germany at the LRP-Race, hope you enjoyed your stay. See you at the Reedy-Race.

Btw, why "Go Reto Go"? Did I say anything wrong? If so, sorry...
Old 05-06-2005, 12:18 PM
The Evicerator

Reto,

It was great getting to see Germany! I enjoyed the stay very much... I would have liked to have stayed longer and seen more ...

And you did not say anything wrong... the "go reto go" is just sort of a crazy american type thing... it was in response to you being a question-answering machine today!

Just a bit of fooling around is all!

Take care and see you in a few weeks!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

@evicerator: ah... got it... still a lot to learn...

Btw, you're german "clone" isn't going to be at the reedy-race. hope you won't feel lonely...
Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
The Evicerator

Hahaha

No Weiss Family Reunion at this year's Reedy Race huh? I shall have to make the trip out to the LRP race again next year...but I'll try to race next time !

Weiss and Weiss duking it out on the track!
Old 05-06-2005, 02:05 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by burito
First of all, we are VERY sorry about the delays. But these were mostly out of our control due to availability of certain components and we were not willing to sell a product which isn't done according to our likes.

First batch of SPHERE speed-controls has been shipped last week, expect them to be available while I write this. Of course it will take a few weeks to fulfill all backorders but the speed-control is in full production now and shipments leave LRP every week.
The real production quantities for the motor will be sent out by end of this month, very early next month.

This is not another "guess" about the release... Again, sorry for the inconvienence but I can promise it was worth the waiting.
So the motor(s) won't be available in time for the Reedy Race?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

@KMW: this is "off the record"... As far as I know, a limited quantity of Reedy Neo1's should be available before or at the Reedy-Race. LRP Sphere speed-controls will be no problem, as I said earlier in this thread.
But actually I shouldn't answer this question on behalf of AE, only they will be able to give a proper and definite reply.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

What is the performance difference between vector and neo 1?
Old 05-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey burito,

I'd like very much to get the Sphere/Neo combo, but I don't really *want* "the power of a 9-turn" in my buggy.

What I'd really like is a little finer resolution in adjusting the power setting... so i could set the speedo up like a 19-turn... then 12-turn... or whatever. Then I could really use the sphere/neo setup as my "final solution". Just a little feedback for ya

The Sphere appears to only have:

# Map 1: Sportsman – Limited to 24.000 RPM (Brushless only)
# Map 2: Low grip – Intelligent current limiter
# Map 3: Modified – Unlimited RPM with linear throttle for competition racing

Does the Sportsman setting have all the torque of the Modified setting?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Post SPHERE/NEO-ONE & SPEKTRUM Combo

burito (Reto) - I contacted John Adams himself (the guy behind the SPEKTRUM System) and after updating and taking care of some issues that plagued a batch of their Systems... they seem to have solved or at least sorted out all it's problems. Below is a quote he sent me through e-mail that mentions LRP's ESC products because I was curious to know if the SPHERE would experience the same problems as the QC2 ESC when used with SPEKTRUM's DSM System. Here is what he said:

"The new programming greatly improves the servo issues however when
using an ESC with a weak BEC some servos still need the capacitor. The
LRP ESC is the worst when used with the new KO digital servos.
(especially when running 4 cells) The capacitor fixes the issue however. The
Airtronics servo hasn't been an issue. I haven't tried the LRP brushless
yet but supposedly LRP is improving the BEC circuit on all new
controllers."

Hope the SPHERE ESC works smoothly with the SPEKTRUM set-up as it does with my Novak Brushless System. I use the Novak Brushless System for both 2WD and 4WD Off-Road and so far it has worked just flawlessly!

By the way, I posted this along with a few other questions at the LRP Forum last month. just to also let you know.... there are others guys there who seem quite upset that no one from LRP has been answering any questions with regards to your SPHERE/NEO-ONE/VECTOR System....

Take it easy and Thanks!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Addict

@raceblast: The Neo1 is from Reedy, the Vector from LRP. The LRP is not available in the US. Other then that, they're very similar...

@Bob Nielsen: the Sportsman, as well as the LowGrip setting, do have limited torque also for better driveability. Thanks for your input anyway.

@STEALTH: well, it's certainly always easier blaming someone else...
I think our QC2 works well with all existing radios, not sure what the Spektrum shall be different. Anyway, this is not the issue here and I can confirm that the Sphere doesn't use the same BEC as the QC2 (it's a 3A type in the Sphere).
So, no problems there until someone else blames us...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello everyone...
I live in HK and looking forward for Brushless System.
LRP/Novak is my target product....

But for Novak, I think the power not enough to play with >10T Brushed Motor,

So hope the new LRP System with new Vector/Sphere can give me enough fun.

Looking forward to see in HK.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

one more interesting things I wanna to do is....
using Novak Brushless ESC + LPR Vector/Sphere Motor.

Can it work together????

really wanna to know before I make decission which brushless system I use.

as know in HK, only Novak's System on market.

thanks for share ^_^
Old 05-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

novak's esc cannot handle lrp motor, it's too powerful
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Exe
novak's esc cannot handle lrp motor, it's too powerful
so why weren't the hacker and uforce type systems legalised? is this a case of a big brand muscling it's clout around town?

i think so.

and if it is a case of "the manufacturer had to submit their own proposals" this is bollocks. so if a excellent product isn;t submitted and a shit one is the shit one is then accepted via default? pfft. anyway i'm not so hardcore into the rules, i just like racing so correct me if i'm wrong

the hacker is quicker and the u force is extremely programable, like as in VERY!! more than any esc you've ever used.

i think this is just another case of big brand doing a "stagered release" of technology they know they already have.

the hacker 6T or the c40 motors are designed for cars specifically according to the hacker website. mind you they don't have a flash site like the reedy's novaks etc

to the ozzy guy, the 6T may overheat in 38+ celcius temps if it is run very very hard. if you are quick and race in high temps get the 7T.
personally i've never overheated but some one of the top racers (besercoe) in oz has a few times i think. he has a 7T dude.

got nothing against reedy or novak, or burito but i think it is stupid that they didn't just legalise all motors. and am i right in guessing you can't mix and match speedies and motors according to the rules??? that's just "wacked" as the yankees say.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

i agree with you.

i would like that all brushless motors would be legalized, no mattery how they are wounded. i think they only legalized novak and lrp, because as i know, these two companies initiated all this stuff and that's why other brushless motors are left outsite of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.