Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TEMP PROBLEM !!!!!!!

I'm looking for a bit of help and guidance.......PLEASE

Just purchased an I.C.C which comes with the latest sofware 1.06c and works great but I have one question with the settings.

When setting the MINIMUM temperature, which it says in the instructions is to prevent false peaking it will not go lower than 35 deg C. I found this a little strange as sometimes when racing outdoors in the UK it gets pretty cold and cells don't always reach that temperature when fully charged.

I then read further and the instructions seem to say that charging will not stop until that temperature is reached ( will not even peak detect until that point )

I then went and had a look at a few of my friends I.C.C.'s and if the charger is on version 1.05 you can adjust this setting to almost any value, all the way to 0 deg C if you like. Yet any charger that has 1.06 or above seems to have the minimum temperature locked at 35 deg C or above !!!!!!!

I am really worried about this as have visions of my cells continuing to charge until they explode as they have never reached the minimum temp of 35 degrees !?!?!?!?!

Can someone please let me know why this has been changed on version 1.06 - 1.06c and let me know anyway to get round this (other than going back to 1.05 )

Many thanks
Andy.

P.S. Please note this is the Minimum temp setting not the Maximum/peak temperature setting which I have set at 48 deg C
Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like they changed the min temp in version 1.06

ICC Firmware Upgrade History.

v1.04 - 10/01/2006
First release.

v1.04d - 13/03/2006
- fixes problem with lockout changing
- larger cell voltage range allowed
- more accurate charging current regulation algorithm
- startup system check added

v1.05 - 04/05/2006
- fixes problem with temperature measurement
- auto repeak function added
- improved delta peak algorithm for external charging

v1.05b - 21/06/2006
- fixes problem with setting temperature in Fahrenheit mode
- maximum charge capacity increased to 6000 mAh
- 4 cell charge bug fix

v1.06 - 22/09/2006
- new menu screen during charging, avarage data
- automatic repeak function improved
- min temp setting in fahrenheit increased
- external charge limit increased to 6000 mAh
- start problems with low-voltage packs solved
- improved motor check startup
- charge delayed start timer bug fixed

v1.06c - 23/01/2007
- auto-repeak function enable/disable
- automatic discharge before charge setting
- smaller adjustment steps for current, deltapeak and starttimer
- starttimer now does system check before timerstart
- more accurate temp readings at higher temps
- timer added for motor check function
- bug fix when in 4 cell Fahrenheit mode
- 5 cell option added (note: this also requires hardware update kit for
hardwareversions 1.4 and lower!)
Old 03-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah but one its deg C i'm talking about that fix was just with deg F and all that says is that it raised the minimum not that it locked it at an unrealistic level !?!?!?!

Come on some one must be able to help with this or Erik !! This really can't be right or I've totally misunderstood something about the charger !!!

PLEASE HELP
Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

i'd say try it yourself.... maybe try charging until u hit 4500mah with 4200mah batteries, but that time, u know some of the cells should have stopped charging now. If it goes past 4500mah, then u know something could be wrong!

I wonder, when the next update will be and what will it make the icc do..... or fix what bugs...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Initiate

have spoken to Erik about the problem and he is going to include a fix in the next update.

He did say to me though that it should not be a huge problem unless its really really cold, as before the cells would get to the point that they vent they would build up heat and this should be enough to trip the minimum temperature setting.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

how do the heads on the cable look like? anyone have a description/pic?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I'm hooked!

I've decided I've got to have this charger, but I need to know one important thing, can it's tray handle saddle packs?
Thanks,
Scam
Old 03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyalScam
I've decided I've got to have this charger, but I need to know one important thing, can it's tray handle saddle packs?
Thanks,
Scam
Yes- Make sure you put them in correctly
Old 03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
djw
Tech Rookie

Default HARDWARE UPGRADE FOR 5-CELL

guys, please help. does anyone of you have had any info on what this "hardware upgrade" mean? I have read that for 5-cell charging option there must be 1.06 software update as well as hardware upgrade for ICC Charger hardware version 1.4 and older.

Is it possible to buy this upgrade? I do not mean software update to 1.06.. this is obvious, on spintec page...

thx
djw
Old 03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by djw
guys, please help. does anyone of you have had any info on what this "hardware upgrade" mean? I have read that for 5-cell charging option there must be 1.06 software update as well as hardware upgrade for ICC Charger hardware version 1.4 and older.

Is it possible to buy this upgrade? I do not mean software update to 1.06.. this is obvious, on spintec page...

thx
djw

It is a Y cable (two crocodile clips on one end and one on the other end), the two clips go on to the sixth cells probes in the bottom right corner on the ICC and the other end connects onto the end of the fifth cell as their are no probes there.....

This cable came included with my ICC that i have recently purchased in the UK.

Hope that makes sense
Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 AM
djw
Tech Rookie

hi, yes it makes sense thanx for an explanation

djw

Originally Posted by Smartypants
It is a Y cable (two crocodile clips on one end and one on the other end), the two clips go on to the sixth cells probes in the bottom right corner on the ICC and the other end connects onto the end of the fifth cell as their are no probes there.....

This cable came included with my ICC that i have recently purchased in the UK.

Hope that makes sense
Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

hey hey, show us a picture!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

just wonder , already using 1.06c + 1.4 hw version .... should be the latest version.... it was getting false peaking with exterrnal charge. No matter how I adjust the delta peak setting!!! it was false peak. Also got "hot" battery when charging about 2400mah, and then stopped. I was charging GP3700 cell.

The most painful thing is that I put a brand new 4200wc pack to test the external charge. it was stopped at 3700mah... "very hot" and then it was explosion.

I am a battery care guy with using CTX D2 and Spintec Battery Manager 2. My cell was good with LRP Pulsar 2. but now....

Noone to reply and help from Spintec technical support!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Tech Rookie

anyone can share their setting for internal/external charging
Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

hmm... i do notice, the external charging is not very good... but I am wondering why u would "test" ur brand new 4200WC on the external and not charge them on the internal? Anyone got any pics of the jumper wires that comes with hardware 1.4?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.