Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the motor position on the MIP chassis is in the same position as it is on the 2.0 chassis? side by side with my brothers (I have the MIP and he has the stock 2.0 chassis) it look like the stock position is farther back. The reason I am asking is because we went and got in some good practice time Sat. at Sparks, and we drove each others trucks and although I really liked how I ended up getting mine to handle, it seemed I could hit some of the corners harder with mine than his, but his seemed to jump better and stay a lot flatter. And although we knew the track was not as good as it is on race days, we were seeing times 3-4 seconds off the fast guys who make the A. I know a lot of it is just our driving as we don't get a chance to do it as often as we would like.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Does anyone know if the motor position on the MIP chassis is in the same position as it is on the 2.0 chassis? side by side with my brothers (I have the MIP and he has the stock 2.0 chassis) it look like the stock position is farther back. The reason I am asking is because we went and got in some good practice time Sat. at Sparks, and we drove each others trucks and although I really liked how I ended up getting mine to handle, it seemed I could hit some of the corners harder with mine than his, but his seemed to jump better and stay a lot flatter. And although we knew the track was not as good as it is on race days, we were seeing times 3-4 seconds off the fast guys who make the A. I know a lot of it is just our driving as we don't get a chance to do it as often as we would like.
The MIP truck runs the battery in a different position than the SCTE 2.0 truck. Our battery position is very specific based on testing we did.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there anything I can do to help it jump better at least o help keep it flat?
Old 09-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is there anything I can do to help it jump better at least o help keep it flat?
It could be different shock packages? I honestly have never really had an issue jumping the SCTE unlike others that complain about a competing trucks jumping ability. I am assuming your truck may be jumping nose down?

Typically all it takes is staying on throttle a touch longer.

Also make sure your suspension is free. Shocks wiggle on bushings, swaybar is free to move side to side sligthly type of things.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Like I mentioned before, my brother has the stock chassis and jumps nice and flat, I have the MIP chassis and it is not bad nose diving but no where near as flat as his. I went through my truck before we went to practice this past sat. and everything in the suspension is straight and free, there was no binding at all, before practice I did find that the set screws on the sway bars were way tight but I loosened them up before we ever started to practice, I do need to take the shocks apart and check and see what pistons are in them because other than changing the oil in them when I got it I never looked. what is a good piston and oil for this I have 32.5 in them now which prolly is not correct. and I got the ride height down to 26.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Like I mentioned before, my brother has the stock chassis and jumps nice and flat, I have the MIP chassis and it is not bad nose diving but no where near as flat as his. I went through my truck before we went to practice this past sat. and everything in the suspension is straight and free, there was no binding at all, before practice I did find that the set screws on the sway bars were way tight but I loosened them up before we ever started to practice, I do need to take the shocks apart and check and see what pistons are in them because other than changing the oil in them when I got it I never looked. what is a good piston and oil for this I have 32.5 in them now which prolly is not correct. and I got the ride height down to 26.
we typiclaly run the rear lighter then the front.

some great setups at www.casper-rc.com for this truck. I will be posting the lastest dunford setup most likely tonight but the shocks are the same as the most recent setup I have up there.

Weight balance can obviosly affect jumping as well as shock package and other things like antisquat and such. Just saying this other truck jumps better as it has a MIP chassis and the setups may be very different (I don't know you tell me) is hard to understand why it might happen. If you can control the car in the air and it gets around the corners better it should be faster. Tweaking a setup to get "flatter flight" easier at the expense of corner speed is never a compromise I would make. some seem to have more issues with jumping the trucks then others and some has to do with the track some has to do with how the driver jumps the car. In this case you are the driver of both so it leads to setup or possibly the chassis configuration without knowing more about the setups it is hard to make that assesment.

Is it hard to jump or just "not as flat". I ask again related to not redoing your whole setup if you feel it is working well just to get to to jump a little better.

Nose down landings at least getting the truck parallel to the landing ramp is the best way to get around the track. Most of the time you want to down side the jump to get back on power is the fastest way around a track.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

it is not hard to jump at all, and as I did drive both trucks, and he mine it may be I'm just more use to mine and like it better than his other than his with stock chassis and Mine MIP I could just jump his flatter and I do know a lot of it is our driving. Im not complaining at all about the truck as I do really like it and do need more track time to learn.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'd rather have a nose down jumping truck than nose up
Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
We are only running the .5 hexes in the rear. They will make the truck too wide if you put them in the front. The new caster blocks are the reason for the possible need to dremel the front end.
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Anytime
Old 09-17-2014, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the feed back Casper, I'm just trying to learn all I can about this truck to make it and myself better.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Noticed on most setups no one is running any droop, any instances where droop maybe useful
Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The droop is there its just not "set"in the conventional way. Most set ups are based on shock length and ride height and droop just happens to be the difference between the two.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On another note, anyone know what size the pistons are that come in the scte shock rebuild packs? They are unmarked. Thx
Old 09-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by xyzracer
On another note, anyone know what size the pistons are that come in the scte shock rebuild packs? They are unmarked. Thx
I believe those are #3.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.