Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ttso
Anyone already got manual, please check for me what's the parts # of suspension arm pin. I saw one on TamiyaUSA but it's 3x49.7mm, never been used else where. Is that the one (#9808010)?

415 using 48.5mm, now TA05 using 49.7mm? I guess that means wider wheel base range than 415, not to mention if using LW suspension. Anyone can confirm that?
im using the lightweight suspension...AND im using the stock susp. arm pins.

whoever mentioned the sway bar mounts.. mount them on the outside using the ball stud connector. it wont hit the dogbone.

i have my sways mounted on the inside for the TB-02 with no prob. but with the 05, it'll hit the dog bone.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eeyan
I was tempted to put "E" clips on the center shaft instead of the darn small "C" clips, but found out the "E" would hit the center bulkhead assembly. Oh well, back to the "C". Nothing wrong really, I'm just afraid to lose it, specially when rebuilding on the track... This is the first time I saw a Tamiya with those kind of "C" clips... interesting...

(Can anybody tell I got nothing to do at work? Man, can't wait to hit the Tamiya track tomorrow... Chris, what's the plan?)
I just left the the one end without the c-clip (furthest end from the spur).. the aluminum mount seems to hold it all together in place without problem, and I just used those 4mm shims to adjust for play. How often will you actually need to swap it out? And if you do, it's easy to unassemble without that one clip. Those are a huuuuge pain, especially ramped up against bearings that have their own grooves on the sides.

With the center one-way, should it be totally free-wheeling from the rest of the drivetrain, or with a bit-o-tension? I shimmed it to have the least bit of slop, but rolling forward the front wheels still just moves the back belt, if just a smidge. Those fibre rings around the pulley seem to give it that friction...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
I just left the the one end without the c-clip (furthest end from the spur).. the aluminum mount seems to hold it all together in place without problem, and I just used those 4mm shims to adjust for play. How often will you actually need to swap it out? And if you do, it's easy to unassemble without that one clip. Those are a huuuuge pain, especially ramped up against bearings that have their own grooves on the sides.

With the center one-way, should it be totally free-wheeling from the rest of the drivetrain, or with a bit-o-tension? I shimmed it to have the least bit of slop, but rolling forward the front wheels still just moves the back belt, if just a smidge. Those fibre rings around the pulley seem to give it that friction...
i must have done something wrong then. my 05 spins like my TB-02.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

WOuld you guys quit flapping your lips and get your cars on the track already???

OK-some of you guys know me-dont start flaming!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rayhuang
WOuld you guys quit flapping your lips and get your cars on the track already???

OK-some of you guys know me-dont start flaming!
arent you running GT1? why so interested in a GT2 car?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
arent you running GT1? why so interested in a GT2 car?
In typical Me form-I opened my mouht-said I was coming to the Nats this year, bought a TA04 and now I am not going. This years been too crazy and expensive. Already been to Disney for a week and China for two weeks and then to the Sizzler in WI in three weeks. But yes-next year I will run GT1 and make the Nats-unless I just opened my big fat mouth again and told another lie (not that I know its a lie-yet).

Ray
Old 07-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rayhuang
In typical Me form-I opened my mouht-said I was coming to the Nats this year, bought a TA04 and now I am not going. This years been too crazy and expensive. Already been to Disney for a week and China for two weeks and then to the Sizzler in WI in three weeks. But yes-next year I will run GT1 and make the Nats-unless I just opened my big fat mouth again and told another lie (not that I know its a lie-yet).

Ray
ok.. disney i understand. but what the heck did you do in china? see you next year man!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That a good or bad thing? My TB-02 wasn't too bad, but this one's a world of difference. I can free-roll mine across the room.. and I haven't cleared out those tamiya bearings of the grease yet..

Heh.. yeah, Ray, I guess all we can do is talk about it while at work... but, Friday has come, the weekend's not far, and don't you worry, once our maiden journeys have been made around the track, we'll have even MORE to talk about monday

..probably on the topic of replacement parts..
Old 07-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's bad then... Let em take it out on the track tomorrow and I'll make it spin more! Don't worry I'll really be gentle with it... hehehe!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe I should order some stock suspension pins too, they bend easy... happended to my TC3. Oh yeah that brings up another qusetion, can I use the Ti Buckles from my TC3 and use it on the TA05? I think they were manufactured by Titainium Racing. Thanks!
Old 07-08-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default O5 is here

Back from Canada last night eh. And now I'm pouring over my big box of goodies. Oh theres the doorbell......... Speedtech goodies too. Now if I could have remebered to get some 46mm swingshafts .

Has anyone weighed it yet. I'm guessing its going to be a bit heavier than the 04.

The body feels like a LW version.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Does TA05 use the same steering bellcrank as the trf415 ??
Old 07-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by eeyan
That's bad then... Let em take it out on the track tomorrow and I'll make it spin more! Don't worry I'll really be gentle with it... hehehe!
baduy ka mag post! too corny.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
Has anyone weighed it yet. I'm guessing its going to be a bit heavier than the 04.
Tom, it's really a heavy car. I don't think you'd want to use it for GT2 at nats... Either or, Keep us posted on your building and running progress...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

eeyan.. pick up your dogbones. they're waiting.

when are we painting the bodies?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.