Wiki Posts
Search

entry level 1/10 touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
http://www.teamassociated.com/cars_a.../Factory_Team/ Click add to cart. $250 is a great price for a Pro level touring car.
Add in the shipping to Canada, the duty and the taxes (13% in my Province) the cost soars beyond reasonable budget levels.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Spec r R1 I've had everything and this one takes the cake.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Spec r R1 I've had everything and this one takes the cake.
True story, I was there, It's DAMN fast. In Mod no-less.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The TC4 is NOT garbage !!!!! Just because these factory drivers did not do well with it does not mean it's garbage ok !!! It won the 2005 REEDY RACE OF CHAMPIONS !!!! None of the real junk out there have won the Reedy race: not the SpecR R1, not the Sakura zero S, etc..... You guys need to show more respect to a legend , and stop bashing what you don't run..... I only run tc4's, and I am competitive enough with the RTR , given the little practice I get.... I rarely break anything, and rarely do maintenance , unlike the competition.... THE TC4 IS THE BEST ENTRY LEVEL CAR PERIOD!!!!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

By the way, when I go practice with my tc4 rtr , I charge my batteries to 8.4volts(my charger's limit), while other racers charge up to 8.6volts, but claim that my Car is not up to par because I am 0.8sec per lap slower than them.... Real slick right.... If I use their charger to charge my packs the margin will be greatly reduced ! You get the picture ! There are many more tricks out there that no One will tell you about until you shell your cash in their product, but that does not mean another product is garbage....Get to know these tricks first , and you'll be competitive whatever Car you decide to run....
Old 10-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm new as well i went with the sakura zero s for one reason . That reason is learning how to build and dial in a kit car . I can easily buy a high dollar kit but for that cost braking something will get me pissed the first time around the on-road scene . So i went with a sakura zero s i seen these cars in action stock tearing up tc6.1 and other top brands i'm not saying there gold on the track NO . I'm just saying they are the ultimate beginner car to learn the ropes and the cost for parts is really affordable and the option parts list are huge. once i lean enough i will for sure hand this car down to my son and get me a much better pro kit . But for now you can't beat 100 bucks to start . Most of these people will automatically tell you how pro other kits are etc etc . But the bottom line is you dont need a bunch of upgrade parts to make you run like the pro cause from what i learn the biggest upgrade is track time and practice .
good luck

heres mine . visit tgrcracing.com they offer free shipping . they also have a huge inventory of option parts for it .

hit me up on facebook if you need some advice
http://www.facebook.com/Paul.R.Photos
Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The TC4 is NOT garbage !!!!! Just because these factory drivers did not do well with it does not mean it's garbage ok !!! It won the 2005 REEDY RACE OF CHAMPIONS !!!! None of the real junk out there have won the Reedy race: not the SpecR R1, not the Sakura zero S, etc..... You guys need to show more respect to a legend , and stop bashing what you don't run..... I only run tc4's, and I am competitive enough with the RTR , given the little practice I get.... I rarely break anything, and rarely do maintenance , unlike the competition.... THE TC4 IS THE BEST ENTRY LEVEL CAR PERIOD!!!!!
The legend is the tc3 ... The mistake was the tc4.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just some 2012 models. Estimated price in USD.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

The tc4 is the upgrade of the tc3 that can be a secret weapon if dialed correctly. It just needs lightweight electronics and battery to shine, the rest is on the driver.... Ask Craig Drescher(2005 Reedy Race winner), eventhough his Car did not feature today's possible upgrades: tc6.1 shocks, lcd drives, acer Bearings, etc......
Old 10-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

The tc4 is the upgrade of the tc3 that can be a secret weapon if dialed correctly. It just needs lightweight electronics and battery to shine, the rest is on the driver.... Ask Craig Drescher(2005 Reedy Race winner), eventhough his Car did not feature today's possible upgrades: tc6.1 shocks, lcd drives, acer Bearings, etc......
Your in your own little world.aren't you! I will.admit I.was.competitive last year with a heavily modded tc3 with a geardiff that I moded to.work . But my tc6 was faster from the start and right now my spec r is faster than anyone of my old cars . And I havehad practically every tc since the yokomo yr4. But j have read your posts before in other threads and realized along time ago that you have no Idea what you are talking about .
Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Errr Craig won the 2005 reedy with the factory team tc4.... Which is nothing like the normal tc4 and tc4 rtr.
I had one of them when it came out, and boy was it dog... Even back then

If you can get a tc6.1 for $250 then go for it, I was running one before I got my Spec R R1, and its been great, you really can't go wrong with it.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Your in your own little world.aren't you! I will.admit I.was.competitive last year with a heavily modded tc3 with a geardiff that I moded to.work . But my tc6 was faster from the start and right now my spec r is faster than anyone of my old cars . And I havehad practically every tc since the yokomo yr4. But j have read your posts before in other threads and realized along time ago that you have no Idea what you are talking about .
you like this, you like that..its just difference of opinion..simple, move on please
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Will do.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

The TC6.1FT is pretty hard to beat for $250. You can even convert it to a WC for about $5-10 or more less than buying the WC kit if you wait for the parts to come in stock and buy from the right places.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You guys are giving me great info and it's very appreciated.
What tires (slick or grooved) and wheels are recommended for a new guy for playing in parking lot and trying out a road course?
Are wheels brand specific?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.