Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
However....US kits has better or different materials? I doubt it.....As MS already mentioned, US kits came with a set of foams. that will tell the different between US kits and ASIA kits....which has no foams.
Of course the US kits have different materials, this way we spend more $$$ on parts... Besides, what the US kits offer which no-one else has is the tech support....the preacher man Robbie C...AMEN
Old 10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara

I remembered VETEQ did that 5 years ago with a VETEQ Ownership VIP club with a VIP card and #......
Absolutely.... when Serpent came out with that one-piece chassis upgrade, you were SOL if you tried to get the upgrade discount price from Serpent USA w/o the kit vip#.

Dom
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I highly doubt that the material will be better/different in the US kit. I believe there would always be variations in quality during manufacturing. Especially, in the earlier kits, I think you would see more of this as the manufacturer was fine tuning the process.

The bottomline is this: you pay $100 more to buy the US kit, and you will get a set of tires + Mugen tech support. Is it worth $100 more? To me, no. But, to you, maybe.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Smile

Just to cut out a lot of this crap about tyres.
I bought my kit from Japan and it had tyres with it.

US kits have better quality,, what a load of toss.

They all come out the same factory, and who implemented
quality control the best ever , the Japanese.

Mister Mike Swauger works for mugen USA and he wants you to buy from and support US mugen.
He probably gets paid to say stuff on this forum.
This serial number crap is all about the distributors wanting to make more money, buy getting it from all you guys.

Same shit happens here in Australia.

I get kits and parts twice as fast from Japan than Australia where I live
and save 35% in costs
Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

only for myself, I cut a couple 3mm rear shock towers. pic is of both of them. I put super glue on the sides, thus its shiny. I didn't chamfer the mounting holes yet.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-image015.jpg  
Old 10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

First of all, watch your language.

I don't know Mike Swauger, he doesn't know me. But for you to come out and accuse him of crap like that is pretty stupid, really. As for the tires deal, I don't see why Mike need to lie, that info about tires or no tires probably was given to him by higher source anyway. He is only the messanger.

I believe the majority of U.S. buyers are ready to pay the kind of money we'll be paying. It was really those that don't live in U.S. finding prices that was cheaper somewhere else in the world, come on here to try to educate U.S. buyers that it's a lot cheaper then what the U.S. pricing really is, which we have now know anything in the $350 range probably not from Mugen USA anyway.

Mike or Robbie are of Mugen USA, I'm thinking their info is really geared toward us, U.S. consumers, probably not so much for the people buying kits outside U.S. anyway.

Shipping from another country isn't cheap and the matter of fact is... for those of us U.S. racers that buy a Asia kit, for example... it's sealed and all, but when you open it, it's missing a pair of shocks, or an arm, or simply just missing something... where exactly and how are you going to get your replacement parts? If you can phone up Mugen Seiki and fluent in Japanese and they replace it for you, more power to you. But the fact is that 1 phone call to Mugen USA in CA, I bet you they'll have no problem making it right for you.

There are many reasons why all the support from Mugen USA and the possible future supports we will get from them outweighs the $100. I have ONLY called Mugen USA once myself regarding my JP motor, Robbie had offer to fix my problem free of charge, now that's support and service!!!!

Mugen MTX-4 - $450
JP FX-T03 - $400
ER bill for broken head from banging on the bench because your kit was missing shocks - $4000
Mugen USA support - PRICELESS

Dom
Old 10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Regional Moderator

The material in Asian kit with USA kit is different? Yeah you wish, HUAHUAHUAHUHAHA Who post crap like this???? Mugen is a Japan brand but some of the plastic parts are made in Taiwan for sure. Anyway, did any of you guys in USA already receive the kit? May I know the serial number? Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I apologise for what I have written.

Just get fired up sometime coz MTX-4 kit
in Australia can cost up to $750AUS and fast tyres
$40 , Very hard to Race and our number are dwindling
at our track coz of increased costs.

Once again I aplogise to Robbie and Mike
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Please, enough already about the price!! Lets get back to the car. Has anyone acually ran the car yet? I am very curious how close the base setup is. Has anyone got a light weight mid and main shaft (in stock) yet?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

100000000000000% AGREE on what you say here.

in addition, how much does a set of tires cost? Less than 20 bucks. But the price different is huge. I think we have to remember when we buy KIT, our $$$ go into various expenses, such as Direct Material, Direct labor, overhead cost. In addtion, administrative and marketing expenses. But why U.S. kit is more expensive? The answer is they have use the $$$ pay those Team drivers too.

So I think the U.S. price is fair, but you think about it if you really want to pay for the drivers??????? If you're okay, then buy KIT from USA.

Originally Posted by PROVK
Just to cut out a lot of this crap about tyres.
I bought my kit from Japan and it had tyres with it.

US kits have better quality,, what a load of toss.

They all come out the same factory, and who implemented
quality control the best ever , the Japanese.

Mister Mike Swauger works for mugen USA and he wants you to buy from and support US mugen.
He probably gets paid to say stuff on this forum.
This serial number crap is all about the distributors wanting to make more money, buy getting it from all you guys.

Same shit happens here in Australia.

I get kits and parts twice as fast from Japan than Australia where I live
and save 35% in costs
Old 10-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

U.S. Serial number??? I have a question, if I buy Kit from asia, but I happen to know the U.S.Serial number? Can I call Mugen for tech support???

Just wondering.......

Originally Posted by daniz24
The material in Asian kit with USA kit is different? Yeah you wish, HUAHUAHUAHUHAHA Who post crap like this???? Mugen is a Japan brand but some of the plastic parts are made in Taiwan for sure. Anyway, did any of you guys in USA already receive the kit? May I know the serial number? Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by toddy_gas_man
100000000000000% AGREE on what you say here.

in addition, how much does a set of tires cost? Less than 20 bucks. But the price different is huge. I think we have to remember when we buy KIT, our $$$ go into various expenses, such as Direct Material, Direct labor, overhead cost. In addtion, administrative and marketing expenses. But why U.S. kit is more expensive? The answer is they have use the $$$ pay those Team drivers too.

So I think the U.S. price is fair, but you think about it if you really want to pay for the drivers??????? If you're okay, then buy KIT from USA.
I don't think your point is incorrect, on the other side of things as well is the shipping cost. If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S. That is also another factor. And anyone will agree that USD isn't necessary strong as this moment when comparing to other countries currency.

Dom
Old 10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Initiate

"If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S."

Aha, so, kit made in Taiwan/Japan. Then we're going back to the previous post. Someone claim that US KIT is better than asia. How?? Coz above statement said "

"If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S."

Therefore, KIT are made from the same place. Then how could one kit different than the other?????

Just wondering.......

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I don't think your point is incorrect, on the other side of things as well is the shipping cost. If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S. That is also another factor. And anyone will agree that USD isn't necessary strong as this moment when comparing to other countries currency.

Dom
Old 10-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by PROVK
I apologise for what I have written.

Just get fired up sometime coz MTX-4 kit
in Australia can cost up to $750AUS and fast tyres
$40 , Very hard to Race and our number are dwindling
at our track coz of increased costs.

Once again I aplogise to Robbie and Mike
Where did you get it from?
Onlinehobbies is selling for AUD650 only
Old 10-20-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Wow that's around $490 US dollars..Whew....

Originally Posted by jca2000au
Where did you get it from?
Onlinehobbies is selling for AUD650 only

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.