R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 PM   #1456
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
However....US kits has better or different materials? I doubt it.....As MS already mentioned, US kits came with a set of foams. that will tell the different between US kits and ASIA kits....which has no foams.
......
Of course the US kits have different materials, this way we spend more $$$ on parts... Besides, what the US kits offer which no-one else has is the tech support....the preacher man Robbie C...AMEN
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #1457
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie Solara

I remembered VETEQ did that 5 years ago with a VETEQ Ownership VIP club with a VIP card and #......
Absolutely.... when Serpent came out with that one-piece chassis upgrade, you were SOL if you tried to get the upgrade discount price from Serpent USA w/o the kit vip#.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #1458
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 727
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I highly doubt that the material will be better/different in the US kit. I believe there would always be variations in quality during manufacturing. Especially, in the earlier kits, I think you would see more of this as the manufacturer was fine tuning the process.

The bottomline is this: you pay $100 more to buy the US kit, and you will get a set of tires + Mugen tech support. Is it worth $100 more? To me, no. But, to you, maybe.
silverM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #1459
Tech Fanatic
 
PROVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 942
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Smile

Just to cut out a lot of this crap about tyres.
I bought my kit from Japan and it had tyres with it.

US kits have better quality,, what a load of toss.

They all come out the same factory, and who implemented
quality control the best ever , the Japanese.

Mister Mike Swauger works for mugen USA and he wants you to buy from and support US mugen.
He probably gets paid to say stuff on this forum.
This serial number crap is all about the distributors wanting to make more money, buy getting it from all you guys.

Same shit happens here in Australia.

I get kits and parts twice as fast from Japan than Australia where I live
and save 35% in costs
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:56 PM   #1460
Tech Elite
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz
Default

only for myself, I cut a couple 3mm rear shock towers. pic is of both of them. I put super glue on the sides, thus its shiny. I didn't chamfer the mounting holes yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-image015.jpg  
__________________
Am I going back racing?...Hmmm.. Not anytime soon... But soon enough.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #1461
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

First of all, watch your language.

I don't know Mike Swauger, he doesn't know me. But for you to come out and accuse him of crap like that is pretty stupid, really. As for the tires deal, I don't see why Mike need to lie, that info about tires or no tires probably was given to him by higher source anyway. He is only the messanger.

I believe the majority of U.S. buyers are ready to pay the kind of money we'll be paying. It was really those that don't live in U.S. finding prices that was cheaper somewhere else in the world, come on here to try to educate U.S. buyers that it's a lot cheaper then what the U.S. pricing really is, which we have now know anything in the $350 range probably not from Mugen USA anyway.

Mike or Robbie are of Mugen USA, I'm thinking their info is really geared toward us, U.S. consumers, probably not so much for the people buying kits outside U.S. anyway.

Shipping from another country isn't cheap and the matter of fact is... for those of us U.S. racers that buy a Asia kit, for example... it's sealed and all, but when you open it, it's missing a pair of shocks, or an arm, or simply just missing something... where exactly and how are you going to get your replacement parts? If you can phone up Mugen Seiki and fluent in Japanese and they replace it for you, more power to you. But the fact is that 1 phone call to Mugen USA in CA, I bet you they'll have no problem making it right for you.

There are many reasons why all the support from Mugen USA and the possible future supports we will get from them outweighs the $100. I have ONLY called Mugen USA once myself regarding my JP motor, Robbie had offer to fix my problem free of charge, now that's support and service!!!!

Mugen MTX-4 - $450
JP FX-T03 - $400
ER bill for broken head from banging on the bench because your kit was missing shocks - $4000
Mugen USA support - PRICELESS

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #1462
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

The material in Asian kit with USA kit is different? Yeah you wish, HUAHUAHUAHUHAHA Who post crap like this???? Mugen is a Japan brand but some of the plastic parts are made in Taiwan for sure. Anyway, did any of you guys in USA already receive the kit? May I know the serial number? Thanks
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:45 PM   #1463
Tech Fanatic
 
PROVK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 942
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I apologise for what I have written.

Just get fired up sometime coz MTX-4 kit
in Australia can cost up to $750AUS and fast tyres
$40 , Very hard to Race and our number are dwindling
at our track coz of increased costs.

Once again I aplogise to Robbie and Mike
PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #1464
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Owensboro KY
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting
Default

Please, enough already about the price!! Lets get back to the car. Has anyone acually ran the car yet? I am very curious how close the base setup is. Has anyone got a light weight mid and main shaft (in stock) yet?
__________________
Thanks to our sponsors: Desoto Racing, Serpent, Ielasi Tuned, HobbyWing, Byron's Fuel, Matrix Tires, Protoform, Futaba, www.LEFComplex.com
jeff whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #1465
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Default

100000000000000% AGREE on what you say here.

in addition, how much does a set of tires cost? Less than 20 bucks. But the price different is huge. I think we have to remember when we buy KIT, our $$$ go into various expenses, such as Direct Material, Direct labor, overhead cost. In addtion, administrative and marketing expenses. But why U.S. kit is more expensive? The answer is they have use the $$$ pay those Team drivers too.

So I think the U.S. price is fair, but you think about it if you really want to pay for the drivers??????? If you're okay, then buy KIT from USA.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
Just to cut out a lot of this crap about tyres.
I bought my kit from Japan and it had tyres with it.

US kits have better quality,, what a load of toss.

They all come out the same factory, and who implemented
quality control the best ever , the Japanese.

Mister Mike Swauger works for mugen USA and he wants you to buy from and support US mugen.
He probably gets paid to say stuff on this forum.
This serial number crap is all about the distributors wanting to make more money, buy getting it from all you guys.

Same shit happens here in Australia.

I get kits and parts twice as fast from Japan than Australia where I live
and save 35% in costs
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #1466
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Default

U.S. Serial number??? I have a question, if I buy Kit from asia, but I happen to know the U.S.Serial number? Can I call Mugen for tech support???

Just wondering.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
The material in Asian kit with USA kit is different? Yeah you wish, HUAHUAHUAHUHAHA Who post crap like this???? Mugen is a Japan brand but some of the plastic parts are made in Taiwan for sure. Anyway, did any of you guys in USA already receive the kit? May I know the serial number? Thanks
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #1467
Tech Elite
 
litespeed-dom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Beaverton, Oregon
Posts: 3,990
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddy_gas_man
100000000000000% AGREE on what you say here.

in addition, how much does a set of tires cost? Less than 20 bucks. But the price different is huge. I think we have to remember when we buy KIT, our $$$ go into various expenses, such as Direct Material, Direct labor, overhead cost. In addtion, administrative and marketing expenses. But why U.S. kit is more expensive? The answer is they have use the $$$ pay those Team drivers too.

So I think the U.S. price is fair, but you think about it if you really want to pay for the drivers??????? If you're okay, then buy KIT from USA.
I don't think your point is incorrect, on the other side of things as well is the shipping cost. If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S. That is also another factor. And anyone will agree that USD isn't necessary strong as this moment when comparing to other countries currency.

Dom
__________________
Team Kyosho America - Team Br00d Racing - Team R/C Plus - GQ Racing Tyres - Slapmaster Tools - FSX Racing
litespeed-dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:04 PM   #1468
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Default

"If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S."

Aha, so, kit made in Taiwan/Japan. Then we're going back to the previous post. Someone claim that US KIT is better than asia. How?? Coz above statement said "

"If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S."

Therefore, KIT are made from the same place. Then how could one kit different than the other?????

Just wondering.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
I don't think your point is incorrect, on the other side of things as well is the shipping cost. If the kit is made in Taiwan or Japan, shipping to Hong Kong or local in Japan is hell a lot less than shipping the kit to U.S. That is also another factor. And anyone will agree that USD isn't necessary strong as this moment when comparing to other countries currency.

Dom
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:07 PM   #1469
Tech Master
 
jca2000au's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: ไกล, 遠, jauh, 먼, ver, 遠い, lontano, بعيدا, xa
Posts: 1,212
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
I apologise for what I have written.

Just get fired up sometime coz MTX-4 kit
in Australia can cost up to $750AUS and fast tyres
$40 , Very hard to Race and our number are dwindling
at our track coz of increased costs.

Once again I aplogise to Robbie and Mike
Where did you get it from?
Onlinehobbies is selling for AUD650 only
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:10 PM   #1470
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21
Default

Wow that's around $490 US dollars..Whew....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au
Where did you get it from?
Onlinehobbies is selling for AUD650 only
toddy_gas_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net