Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by v0rtex
What do you mean by 'pocketed'?
Just like BMI do with there chassis ,it`s where all the bulkheads fit `into` the thicker chassis to keep the roll centres as the std kit setup

since the Demon one is 3mm right across this means all the drive train & stuff is .5mm higher then kit
Old 12-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I believe you, you should know this.

But I have built 4 BDMs since end of july and a friend of mine has the old std bd and his car is definately softer than mine is. we changed the chassi plates and then his car was much stiffer than mine was then with his chassi.

I really don't know, but still believe the bdm is stiffer than the old bd.

but to be honest .. who cares .. this car rocks :-)

Hi Martin

I understand what you are saying I think now, The older kits the chassis was a bit softer, in fact almost every carbon chassis varies slightly in thickness and stiffness, for a big race like the worlds, Yokomo will select chassis for the team so they are all the same..

But if you buy a std BD or My Bd or a Masami bd, that was packed at the same time from the same batch of chassis they should be identical and the part number is the same

They officially do 2 chassis, but there are 3 about

BD-002MG, This is a replacement for the BD-002G, same harness but it has the 4 slots at the front removed, and a extra hole at the back for a new side post that has not been released yet.

A Masami BD or std BD packed a while ago will have the older 002G, but any packed recently will have the newer one.The 002g is now not available from Yokomo, but some shops may still have old stock

Then there is the 002GH, this is still 2.5mm thick but a harder wave so a lot stiffer

Hope this clears it all up
Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Just like BMI do with there chassis ,it`s where all the bulkheads fit `into` the thicker chassis to keep the roll centres as the std kit setup

since the Demon one is 3mm right across this means all the drive train & stuff is .5mm higher then kit
Thanks. That makes sense.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

hehehehe... i just can't help it. i'm posting in the same thread as a world champion.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Hi Chris.

Why on your kit do you spec an 83t spur and use a 2.5 rear block and .5 rear hubs.

Thanks
Rhys
Old 12-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

ok this clears it up ...

all my bdms have been from one batch.
so are the bdms of the other yoki teamdrivers in germany, this may be the reason for our cars beeing really stiff in comparison to the old bds we got I thing 1 1/4 year ago.

Martin.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Here's an interesting bit on the topic of chassis stiffness.

Some of our local Xray team drivers are switching away from the US version thick carpet chassis to the thinner EU asphalt version for carpet with foam tires.
I've wondered why my 007 seems "twitchy" and unforgiving. Have we found the point of "too stiff" for the average racer?

On the other hand, my BD with the hard chassis and Bomber top deck still has a little flex and is an absolute joy to drive. Hmmmmm
Old 12-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by crabboy
Hi Chris.

Why on your kit do you spec an 83t spur and use a 2.5 rear block and .5 rear hubs.

Thanks
Rhys

My Car was a exact copy of the car I used at the Last Nat of 05 to win the Championship, At that race I had 2.5 and 0.5. It gives more steering than 3-0

Someone asked about the rear tower? The Masami one was designed for one track in Japan, Kawaba, there we ran 8 droop and 3.5mm ride height!!

So in the UK and Europe and even on carpet with a normal 5mm height rule you cant get the droop bellow 6 with the masami tower. so cant run more than 4mm ride height!!! the whole Yokomo team have only used that tower at that track, everywhere else we use the std one
Old 12-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

there I have a little trick , in order to be able to set the droop at 3mm :-)

You can shorten the platik part in the damper to an complete hight of 2,5mm and put it back in upside down, so you are able to make the dampers about 65mm long, which gives you enough droop and rideheight if using the masami shocktower
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
there I have a little trick , in order to be able to set the droop at 3mm :-)

You can shorten the platik part in the damper to an complete hight of 2,5mm and put it back in upside down, so you are able to make the dampers about 65mm long, which gives you enough droop and rideheight if using the masami shocktower

Sorry to disagree with you again but! Cutting to insert down or even just using the new shock bodies that have no insert is a good idea, but if you run the shock 65mm long the piston runs to close to the bladder, you want to keep the piston as far from the bladder as possible, you should not run the shocks longer than 63mm

Chris
Old 12-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Chris,

How are you?

I am trying to talk Steve into sending Duane to the DHI cup for Checkpoint representation in Europe.......

I hope he and myself can go...

Hope to see you there...

Barry

BTW tell Sam I said hello!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

yes maybe there's a problem but there is no other possibility to achieve enough rideheight and and droop

by the way, you got a personal message from me
Old 12-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default have to agree

have to agree with Chris G on the shock length.
I've had a problems with running shock a bit over 63 mm. I'm currently running 62.1. and they feel great with the Corally springs (foam tires), will have to admit that I have to cut my tires down quite a bit to make it feel right.

I would assume the Yok whites would be great for rubber tires.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Olando..

I see corally springs.... is that mine??

For the shock length, how are you guys measuring it?
from the ball insert?

Thanks,

~Ming
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Ming
yeap your 33 lbs but the blacks are working great also. last weekend I used 30 lbs (silvers) they reacted great and they fit perfect..
just had a terrible day forced to use a brushed motors.

hmm, maybe I'm measuring wrong, caliper from top to bottom.
am I suppose to be measuring differently?

On a side note the Yok fits a brushless esc with plenty of space to spare.

PM sent your way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.