Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Why do people compare the Yokomo springs to the HPI springs? What are the differences? If you dont know the rates of the HPI springs, its a pretty useless comparison...
The HPI spring ratings are pretty useless anyway as they seem to be rated much higher than they actually are. If you run an HPI silver spring (rated at 16.9lb) back to back with a Rayspeed blue spring (somehwere in 14lb) they will give similar levels of grip on the track, with the HPIs feeling smoother. It is very hard to give a correct poundage rating for progressive springs. This is something I have said many times before.

v0rtex, we compare them to HPI springs because it was the extensive use of these by yokomo drivers that triggered them to release their own line of progressive springs!!! Many bought the HPIs and still use them, hence the usefulness of comparison. Also, my response before mentioned HPI springs as the person asking the question wanted to know the differences.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks Ali, I didnt realise the HPI's were also progressive. Makes sense now though
Old 07-31-2006, 04:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Springs

As for accuracy, arent the Rayspeed springs supposed to be one of the most acurate out there?

Vortex i agree with you, the progressivesprings feel alot different mid corner and on corner exit. i actually prefer them in our larger faster track!!

Anyone know if the "blades" shown on the previos post, (afew ago now) will fit the standard driveshaft/oneway set up?

S
Old 07-31-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bluey_74
Anyone know if the "blades" shown on the previos post, (afew ago now) will fit the standard driveshaft/oneway set up?
Dont think so. Have a look at the gaps in the one-way pictured, they're quite large. My guess is that the blades will fit a std Yokomo dogbone, but will only work in the new Bomber one-way.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bluey_74
As for accuracy, arent the Rayspeed springs supposed to be one of the most acurate out there?
As far as I know its the complete opposite There are many horror stories about how the poundage ratings have differed greatly, and I would stay away from these!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2006, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Guys

Time for 1 of those really quick answers. What thickness is the main chassis, 2.5mm or 3mm?

Cheers in advance.

Stu

P.s. Quickest answer wins a prize.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

std chassis is 2.5mm prize please?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Ali, cheers mate.

Right, your prize is priceless so cherish it, it's a piece of worldly advice:

ALWAYS ask what the prize is first, just to make sure it's not some dodgy piece of advice.

Stu
Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey stu

how the devil have you been it's been a wile.

iv'e have a question do you rember you gave me some wheel nuts at the carpet wars last year with the teeth on the back ive worn them out where can i get some more.

stu rand
Old 07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawada
New stuff from Team Bomber front spool
Where did you get those spool?
Old 08-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

Ah, Stu

I'm good my man, you? You managed to get a tranny in the little one's hands yet?

Will find out where I got mine from and let you know. But Yokomo have actually just released them, in various colours as well.

But more importantly, how on this planet did you wear them out??

Stu
Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by StuartC
Ah, Stu

I'm good my man, you? You managed to get a tranny in the little one's hands yet?

Will find out where I got mine from and let you know. But Yokomo have actually just released them, in various colours as well.

But more importantly, how on this planet did you wear them out??

Stu
he's not yet holding a tranny not one for trying tho

I think i may have a wheel removing disorder all i know they just started to undo them selfs haven't lost a wheel in 8 months and then loose two in ten minuits luckly it was morning practice at the slccup at barham

cheers stu
Old 08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Dont think so. Have a look at the gaps in the one-way pictured, they're quite large. My guess is that the blades will fit a std Yokomo dogbone, but will only work in the new Bomber one-way.
they may not fit the standard yok out drives on the one way, but AE tc3/4 out drives fit the yok one way and have a bigger gap. the blades may be a goodie just by themselves
Old 08-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does anyone have Billy Eastons 19t setup with gearing from the 2006 On road Nats in Cali. Also Does anyone have Masami's setup from the Ifmar worlds please pm me.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Does anyone have Billy Eastons 19t setup with gearing from the 2006 On road Nats in Cali. Also Does anyone have Masami's setup from the Ifmar worlds please pm me.
Billy Eastons set up would not help you, as there were too many proto type parts on it. Alex Siemantel's set up was pretty close to Billy's, but using stock parts, he qualified 4th in Stock. If you want it, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send it to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.