Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Hara & Masami have extra mechanics at big races(Worlds) because they run 3-4 chassis(different set up)in practice session to try out as many things as possible. But Hara & Masami are special case, Marc R works on his own car most of the time(ok, his father helps sometimes), and I don't think Jilles & Paul or Barry, etc have personal mechanics, someone will tune their motors of course, but that's it.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caveman
Hara & Masami have extra mechanics at big races(Worlds) because they run 3-4 chassis(different set up)in practice session to try out as many things as possible. But Hara & Masami are special case, Marc R works on his own car most of the time(ok, his father helps sometimes), and I don't think Jilles & Paul or Barry, etc have personal mechanics, someone will tune their motors of course, but that's it.
Hara brought his mechanic to the ROAR Nats last fall and he only ran TC mod. He didn't even run 1/12th scale.

I'm pretty sure that there are no American drivers that have personal mechanics. Seems to be an Asian trend.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

I was saying they ran 3-4 CHASSIS in practice session, not several classes. That's why they need extra hands, you don't expect two hands can work on several chassis at the same time.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

can someone who has Stumper's steering plate tell me what size shims they used?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Hara brought his mechanic to the ROAR Nats last fall and he only ran TC mod. He didn't even run 1/12th scale.

I'm pretty sure that there are no American drivers that have personal mechanics. Seems to be an Asian trend.
Somebody I know ( off road guy ) always come to circuit with 1 real car for himself and 1 light truck for his rc cars + parts..... complete with 2 mechanics inside. He buys lots of JP engines for himself and his friends, and Mr. JP gave him the distributorship.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

what they do is setup 3-4 chassis, for example, chassis one setup a, chassis two setup a but with a shim under ball stud, chassis three setup at but with two shims, and run them back to back to back,. and so goes the whole day and week for that part, for me, when i'm doing setups, i sometimes forget exactly what the car did or was doing by the time i change one thing and get back to the track. or its hard to tell if it really made a difference or not thus the back to back running.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caveman
I was saying they ran 3-4 CHASSIS in practice session, not several classes. That's why they need extra hands, you don't expect two hands can work on several chassis at the same time.
Sorry for my misread, it was late at night for me
Old 01-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smojoe
can someone who has Stumper's steering plate tell me what size shims they used?
You and Chad are the only ones ! Well and of course me ! I sent you a PM about the washer,you might also want to check with Chad. And since I got alot of interest but no real buys Im not going to make anymore .

Does anybody know the thickness of the rigid chassis thats on speedtech ??
Old 01-24-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

it's aswell 2.5mm but a different kind of CFK.

In my opinion the original chassis is too wide and too flexible for carpet racing. I designed a new chassis plate which is 14mm narrower and 3mm thick. Just have to find the right kind of CFK. But I think I found something and hope I can get it before the next qualifier at the end of february.

Cheers
Chris
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

On the mechanic issue, nearly all the top drivers have someone to look after their cells and motors (eg Oscar), but many of them maintain their cars. From what I've seen, Andy Moore and Hara often work on their cars by themselves, but Surikarn often seems to have Miura at his pit working on the car. Marc often works on it himself, but Kiyo Suzuki is seen at his side quite a lot. Masami always has a mechanic working on the car, I've forgotten his name but after his Dad left he "employed" someone else. From what I've been told, Masami even had someone to constantly build diffs at the Japanese Nationals for some reason
But really, what is it these drivers are sponsored for; to win on the track, not look good in the pits. These drivers are so good that they can easily see what's wrong with a car, problem is is that when they adapt to it a few laps later it's hard to tell with how well they drive it!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ceramic diff balls

Hi,

I am looking for ceramic diff balls to be used in the BD.

Can somebody advise where I might find them?
(Speedtech doesn't have them)

Thanks
-jarkko
Old 01-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

it's aswell 2.5mm but a different kind of CFK.

In my opinion the original chassis is too wide and too flexible for carpet racing. I designed a new chassis plate which is 14mm narrower and 3mm thick. Just have to find the right kind of CFK. But I think I found something and hope I can get it before the next qualifier at the end of february.

Cheers
Chris

Any photos??
Old 01-24-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jarkko
Hi,

I am looking for ceramic diff balls to be used in the BD.

Can somebody advise where I might find them?
(Speedtech doesn't have them)

Thanks
-jarkko
from rainbowten.co.jp

i got mine from there, alot cheaper than anywhere else. actually made the diff feel smooth and good!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ceramic diff balls

Acer racing has ceramic diff balls for the Yok BD. I purchased a set and they work great. I think the web address is www.acerracing.com.

Dave
Old 01-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

@Zacharopoulos: No, sorry. No real pics. Perhaps I will post a pic of the CAD drawing later.

Cheers
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.