Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

He means the belts of the BDs. Mine hasn't arrived jet, so I can't tell him ...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default 19 Turn Setup

Does anyone have a decent setup for 19-turn on mostly smooth asphalt CS-27's ? I just need a starting point to get the car going right.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

I guess the kit Setup should be a good startingpoint.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
I guess the kit Setup should be a good startingpoint.
I'd say the kit setup is definately a good starting point for most all asphault tracks.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Front: "117" "OC 23 039" "DO NOT BEND" "BANDO STS" "S3M 516"

and

Rear: ""OD 7 021" "DO NOT BEND" "BANDO STS" "S3M 189"
Old 07-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
Chuckles, I glued the other side, jerk By the way, how are your battery trays doing? Or your tires? DO I need to go on?

Battery tray? As far as my tires I was impashint, besides they run just fine. All I know is my car looks better, runs faster, and our bet is still on for Hitec.

At least I can paint more than 1 color and cut my body out, as well as make my own parts.

I also made something you might want give me a call bro.

And im also probaly going to socal on the 9th give me a call and ill see you on wenesday.
Old 07-02-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Impatient? Try flat out handicapped!

Faster? If I recall, my stock drivetrain and rear diff was smoother than your cool ceramic crap.

And we are definitely on for the end of the month. You're going to lose again. As always.

So you can paint, sorta. Laziness is great and I would rather pay to have mine look good.

Ooh, new toys? What'd you make this time? Is the battery box and spur gear box done? How about the car stand? Hey, I'm going to get those Associated battery strap nuts so I need you to hook up tapping those for me.

I'll see you on Wednesday, I have to go to SoCal that day anyway because I got my batteries and need stuff to build them, and some other stuff to be named at a later time.

Hey, we still need a hotel too, I would help you find one but I don't want to.

I'll call you sometime before Wednesday too.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

drove the bd out front of the house today, amazing, even with some ole crappy tires, (saving the new ones for tomorrow). went with the center one way and yok spool. the rest of car is kit or a thing or two from matts set up. can't wait till tomorrow
Old 07-02-2005, 05:29 PM
s2
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
went with the center one way and yok spool.
Why did you chose this, will it not just give the disadvantages of both front spool (poor entry steering, hard on front tyres) and front 1way (no brakes)?
i can see many dis-advantages but no advantage?
Is not the idea of a spool to have good corner exit similar to 1way, but with the ability of braking on all 4 wheels?
The centre 1way would not allow you to brake, making spool difficult to get turned in?
Old 07-02-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s2
Why did you chose this, will it not just give the disadvantages of both front spool (poor entry steering, hard on front tyres) and front 1way (no brakes)?
i can see many dis-advantages but no advantage?
Is not the idea of a spool to have good corner exit similar to 1way, but with the ability of braking on all 4 wheels?
The centre 1way would not allow you to brake, making spool difficult to get turned in?
DITO....
I love the BD with the center locked and front spool setup but never would I try a center oneway and spool....You might as well put back the front oneway.
Just my thoughts...
-Shookie <><
Old 07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You will never KNOW if you like it or if it works fer ya if you don't try it... -JB
Old 07-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

in these parts jaybee and now me are the only ones with the BD, the track we run on is very large, open and following. click link below and search around for pictures. the layout will be different but will give you a idea. my thoughts were that if the BD has the turn in of a SDW at the track i'm going to tomorrow, which is to much, it will give a little push which is ok and i can get on the throttle a little sooner. i never use brakes (except to avoid hitting someone) but in testing in front of my house, as long as the car was straight it braked straight. besides its not like its alot of work to change if it doesn't work. and i have the locked center pulley in the box to try that out to. btw if someone tells me it doesn't make sense, i'm gonna try it make sure.

http://fantasyworldracing.home.att.net

click on race pictures and summer sizzler, the freedom fair is at a different location for the 4th of july.

i just checked, theres not really any full track pictures. enjoy anyway.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wasn't persicuting just saying I didn't see how it would be effective...
Anyhow try it out for about 10 laps and then put it off and put in the locked center and see what your lap times are then. I go by what the clock says not somebody else...I like what the BD is doing with a spool...very quick in corners...
I would also try doing ten laps with a oneway and see where your times are then...I found that a quick spring change can give you that little edge you where seeking...Like if the BD is pushing mid corner to go to lighter spring up front...if it is mid to late corner then I stiffen up the rear...These quick changes make for a good setup to become great...
Just my two pennies...rub then to together for luck cause thats about all there worth...LOL
-Shookie <><
Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
in these parts jaybee and now me are the only ones with the BD, the track we run on is very large, open and following. click link below and search around for pictures. the layout will be different but will give you a idea. my thoughts were that if the BD has the turn in of a SDW at the track i'm going to tomorrow, which is to much, it will give a little push which is ok and i can get on the throttle a little sooner. i never use brakes (except to avoid hitting someone) but in testing in front of my house, as long as the car was straight it braked straight. besides its not like its alot of work to change if it doesn't work. and i have the locked center pulley in the box to try that out to. btw if someone tells me it doesn't make sense, i'm gonna try it make sure.

http://fantasyworldracing.home.att.net

click on race pictures and summer sizzler, the freedom fair is at a different location for the 4th of july.

i just checked, theres not really any full track pictures. enjoy anyway.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

quit picking on me, lol, i respect your guys opinion so no offense was taken. i know was what your saying about the lap times, first time i drove a ssg was a borrowed one, at a local kinda big race. (we have several hobby shops and most have thier own race programs) back to story, i hated the way the car felt and drove with a one way, but laps times were about a 1/2 second faster. well off to breakfast and then the track. hurry up jaybee your late.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

my oh my, first day out with the BD and now i see what all the raving was about. i did run the spool with the center one way in practice with the yok beltec 5 c-27 tires that had a few runs on them, the car was really nice, stuck, it did push and go a little wider in a couple 180's we had on the layout we had today so i decided to put the one way back in front with a new set of 36's, good choice, car was pretty close to dialed, and i won the first heat. second heat, battery dumped but i was expecting that, main, started 4th, was running in 3 closing in on 2nd and tapped a pipe pulling the lower front shock screw out and ending the race day.
anyone know why yok went to the 3x12mm screw instead of the normal 3x15, they are in there now. that won't happen again.

had stock locked up with the SDW, up until the three corners from the finish, got into a back marker (more like vice versa ) and took second. i've never ran the sdw in stock, what a dream driver.

well hope everyone else had great days too.

matt, i downloaded your setup, what does having the front shocks all the way in and the rear all the way out do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.