Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
They make the handling a bit "sharper" since they limit how much the car can lean in one direction.
Cool but wouldn't that casue push in the front by not allowing the front end to dip in corners...Just trying to clarify. Or is it so each corner doesn't dip too far?
I didn't notice much or any change when I ran them with or without..Just my thoughts.
Stephen <><
Old 06-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Cool but wouldn't that casue push in the front by not allowing the front end to dip in corners...Just trying to clarify. Or is it so each corner doesn't dip too far?
I didn't notice much or any change when I ran them with or without..Just my thoughts.
Stephen <><
the suspension usually isn't going to compress enough to even hit them, only if you're running a really soft setup
Old 06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

They are actually a good thing to play around with at SoCal, you can use them to prevent scrubbing your chassis in the high speed sweepers. I know it isnt a big problem in stock, but we definately scrub the edges in mod.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

instead of o-rings...these are available from RPM
clip on limiters in various heights.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEU84&P=7

Old 06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Regional Moderator

The shock shaft o-ring can also be use to limit the shaft from hurting the bladder if you set the shock length over 61mm.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
instead of o-rings...these are available from RPM
clip on limiters in various heights.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEU84&P=7

I havent thought about that before, good idea. You could easily use the caster adjustment clips avalible for most cars with pivot ball suspension as well.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

randy, getting ready to soak some belts, but i noticed on another thread they were talking about the belt expanding and not fitting into the pulley slots, i'm assuming this isn't a problem with the yok belts as you and others are doing it. thanks in advance, oh yea, i have extra belts, so gonna do the two day in cleaner and two day in wd-40 thing.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
randy, getting ready to soak some belts, but i noticed on another thread they were talking about the belt expanding and not fitting into the pulley slots, i'm assuming this isn't a problem with the yok belts as you and others are doing it. thanks in advance, oh yea, i have extra belts, so gonna do the two day in cleaner and two day in wd-40 thing.
I didn't have any problem with the stock belts expanding or anything like that. The WD-40 and alcohol seems harmless to me.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I soaked my belts in WD-40 and have had no problems. Ran 7 & 8 turns on foam carpet. Haven't even adjusted the belt tension at all.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Stephen, I am referring to the thick black O-rings that your suppose to slide onto the shock shafts before threading on the plastic shock end.
Those o-rings then slide onto the shock ends (plastic with step) to stop the shock collars rattleing around. Both have to be dry or the o-ring will keep popping off.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
What kind of track do you run on?
hi randy, this is the first time i got the chance to log on again after a week long absence... anyway i was aking about the yoke stratus E, and you mentioned that it had tons of steering...

anyway, our track is a bit square (36meters long by 28meters) , very technical, but the corners are very flowing... traction improves dramatically as the sun goes down.

some people have tried the protoform stratus already and they say its defintiely better than the mazda6... more steering, but still very planted.

thanks - jason
Old 06-11-2005, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
A locked center pulley and 1 way has had more steering than a locked center pulley/spool in all of my testing, actually by a large margin.

this is what i felt also... seems like the car slows down better with a front 1way and locked center pulley...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by highwayman
hi randy, this is the first time i got the chance to log on again after a week long absence... anyway i was aking about the yoke stratus E, and you mentioned that it had tons of steering...

anyway, our track is a bit square (36meters long by 28meters) , very technical, but the corners are very flowing... traction improves dramatically as the sun goes down.

some people have tried the protoform stratus already and they say its defintiely better than the mazda6... more steering, but still very planted.

thanks - jason
SoCal is usually pretty technical and tight with a few fast flowing turns. I really like the body on that track, and I know some of the faster Losi guys are running it as well. Give it a shot, it's not a bad body at all.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Here you guys go a website that has the delrin diff parts.

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=6114
Glad to be a service.
Also go to the RCMODEL thread and ask RCMODEL if they are in stock before ordering from there website, they inventory isn't live. So you need to ask before you order...
I just got burned a little bit because I ordered some Sorex 36R and some Yok inserts and because I paid for normal shipping, it takes a couple days for them to get it out and SOMEONE ****COUGH**** made an INSAINLY LARGE ORDER ****COUGH***** 50 set****COUGH***order after me but paid for express shipping and they sent his order out before mine. I got shafted on some inserts, glad I have some extra here or might get a little mad...LOL
But hope the rest of this post helps,,,,LOL
Stephen <><
Old 06-11-2005, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

And do you know who this "someone" is?

50 sets is a rather large amount. lol

anybody racing on carpet this weekend? can you let me know how it goes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.