Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=10991

are these the ones i want for the front?? (runing a spool) just confused me as it says rear.

thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

I splashed on a cyclone few weeks ago. after racing for few times
my HotBodies cyclone tends to turn right in straight lines whenever I pull the trigger.

First I thought my droop or right hight isnt the same for left and right.
I double checked and all the reading are the same.
I placed the car on a flat surface and lifted the front shock tower by the middle and noticed that the right wheel clears the grounds before the left. which means on throttle the back of the car dives for more traction and the fornt lift slightly resulting in the left wheel having traction and the right not having equal tracion, hence the car tends to turn right.
I checke the chasis and I dont think its tweaked, and as I mentioned the down stop, ride height and droop is the same for the left and right side of the front of the car.
Please, any ideas what could cause this and any cure would be appreciated
Old 10-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

You checked your shock length?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I setup in order:
downstop
ride height
droop
camber
toe-in

I used gauges for all the above settings

cheers
Old 10-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brownviper1966
I setup in order:
downstop
ride height
droop
camber
toe-in

I used gauges for all the above settings

cheers
Check your diff stifness ;-)))
Old 10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benoitrdv
Check your diff stifness ;-)))
Very good idea, I didnt think of that one. Make sure it rotates freely and doesn't have any hard spots in it, or that its not just adjusted too tight. When the diff are adjusted right the diff pulley should have a little wobble in it.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

What are you guys running for parking lot asphalt racing, as far as rear toe-block is concerned. The cyclone I just picked-up has 3 deg. rear and is super planted but I would maybe like it to slide alittle, since I'm using a ton of brakes to get it to break free....
Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What front block are you running? Also, what is your front camber link position?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
What are you guys running for parking lot asphalt racing, as far as rear toe-block is concerned. The cyclone I just picked-up has 3 deg. rear and is super planted but I would maybe like it to slide alittle, since I'm using a ton of brakes to get it to break free....
the 3 degree block is the one you want.try a little anti squat.this helps you get into the corner a little better and plant the rear under acceleration.shoot me a pm with your setup and i will be able to help a little better.the car will have a ton of steering once you get the right setup.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How much adjustment are we talking concerning anti-squat?

Is .5mm difference between pivot blocks front to rear considered much? In other words - anit-squat.. big change or little change?

Other adjustments (Eg. toe blocks) have a big and immediate impact on car handling. How does the anti-squat setting relate?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
the 3 degree block is the one you want.try a little anti squat.this helps you get into the corner a little better and plant the rear under acceleration.shoot me a pm with your setup and i will be able to help a little better.the car will have a ton of steering once you get the right setup.
It's MarcosJ 's old cyclone, so I'm sure you've personally done some set-up work on it already . Trust me the car is real good but I just want the rear to rotate alittle more. What would you adjust/change first ? Oh I like the spool!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
It's MarcosJ 's old cyclone, so I'm sure you've personally done some set-up work on it already . Trust me the car is real good but I just want the rear to rotate alittle more. What would you adjust/change first ? Oh I like the spool!
Hey Jason its the first Cyclone that I got from you!! I guess he is used to the MI2 slide
Old 10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Will these work on a cyclone/ cyclone s ? If so, do I need to change me diff cups or anything? I actually have the cyclone s.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGNY8&P=7
Old 10-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
How much adjustment are we talking concerning anti-squat?

Is .5mm difference between pivot blocks front to rear considered much? In other words - anit-squat.. big change or little change?

Other adjustments (Eg. toe blocks) have a big and immediate impact on car handling. How does the anti-squat setting relate?

anti squat is a pretty drastic adjustment.i dont use it often but sometime i need to..5mm higher in the front hinge pin block on the rear arms in going to make a noticable change.i havent tried any more than that.with anti squat,it allows the rear of the car to unload the weight quickly off power.when you get back on the throttle,the rear arms will resist squat and transfer the weight to the wheels instead of being absorbed by the suspension.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

does any one know where i can find servo saver set for the surikarn ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.