Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo's for my 1/18 scalpel?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default LiPo's for my 1/18 scalpel?

Hi there, I recently got myself an 1/18 scalpel in a pretty good trade (it should be here TOMORROW!)
and I'm pretty excited, I love messing around with little cars.
but there's only one problem:
the only 2/3A Cells I have are from some forgotten 6-cell Losi sport packs (and some random off-brand 1200MAh pack) that I found the other day while cleaning out my junk box. I cycled them, and my charger read that they were only discharging about 600-700MAh (opposed to the 1100MAh they are rated for), and the 1200MAh pack discharges about 900MAh which is much better.
so that's not all too great
I can live with them for a while, I'm going to be constructing some 4-cell saddle packs out of the cells after I take them apart.

but I'd like to run LiPos in this little guy WITHOUT buying a new chassis.
I only want 1S, and I was thinking that it would be a good idea to run paralell 1S packs.

I'm just having a hard time finding any 1S packs that fit in the same physical space as 2x 2/3A cells...
I did find one cell that ALMOST fit, but it's too long by 10mm, that's as close as I can get.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...gle_cell_.html
run 4 of those in paralell, and that little car would run FOREVER!

or even just run 2 or 3 in paralell on one side, and use the battery space on the other side to mount my big spektrum receiver, or the ESC (and then try my best to balance it out)

anyone know of any confirmed 1S LiPo solutions for the stock chassis?
thanks!

I tried looking at the axle mounted LiPos for crawlers too, but they are all 2S and mostly 3S, and slightly too big.

and I didn't even think about if the ESC would run at that low of a voltage...
maybe I could run 2S and just get a lower Kv motor (I plan on running brushless, simply because I have a spare 1/18 set lying around)