Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

^ parts should be here Wednesday I'll try it and report back
Old 06-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

SteveP, any more info you can say about the brushless version ?. Rtr ? Kit ? Motor used ?. etc. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, why limit the discussions to the Kyosho cars? 1/8 GT in itself is a great category, and this thread should be open to all discussions related to 1/8 GT. I myself am in the process of converting my Jammin X2 into a pavement pounder using Ofna parts.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raycerZ
Hey guys, why limit the discussions to the Kyosho cars? 1/8 GT in itself is a great category, and this thread should be open to all discussions related to 1/8 GT. I myself am in the process of converting my Jammin X2 into a pavement pounder using Ofna parts.
The general discussion thread you want is called GT-class buggy based on road. You could also start a new thread about the brand you would like to discuss. The title of this thread is very specific and self explanatory and those participating would wish to keep the discussion brand specific in this thread.
DrealRacer likes this.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Vision, the brushless car is going to a bigger and more powerful motor than any previous VE, although I don't have specifics right now. It's only available assembled at the moment.

Raycer - there are hundreds of this exact type of thread throughout the forum. This thread is for discussion about the Inferno GT and GT2 cars. The set-up and tuning advice, while generally useful, isn't going to translate completely to other cars, hence the reason for a separate thread.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

SteveP, so the conversion kit available for the current GT/GT2 will be re-used in the new RTR brushless ?. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Vision, I believe the same parts are used as you'll find in the IFW451 conversion, but the motor plate is different. The motor mount in the RTR is raw aluminum where the one included with the IFW451 conversion is milled and anodized billet aluminum.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doug M
The general discussion thread you want is called GT-class buggy based on road. You could also start a new thread about the brand you would like to discuss. The title of this thread is very specific and self explanatory and those participating would wish to keep the discussion brand specific in this thread.
Thanks! Will check it out.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Steve,

How beneficial are the trw105 shocks? I've got most necessary hop ups, but not that since my car is pretty much dialed. Will my car get significantly better and how so? Also, can I use the upgraded black/silver springs I'm currently using?
Old 06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

VW, i also wanted to pick those shocks up to replace the plastic that im currently using.

Unfortunately, i ran into a problem of blowing the front end ring gear/diff pinion and rather than throwing money at that problem (upgraded $30 ring gear + $15.00 pinion) i would like to get the source of the problem dealt with first.

EDIT: does anyone know the tooth count of the clutch bell gears that comes with KYOIGW008 ?

EDIT2: It looks liked I found my problem of stripping ring gear and pinion(needs to be re-shimmed), but now a new problem, the shipping for the shim pack cost more than the shim pack and my LHS (all three of them) does not have them in stock, WTF?

Last edited by VexVegaz; 06-07-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

The optional shocks are great. I used them on my twin battery gt2. See pic below. Yes you can use the silver or blk springs with them.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

This thread wouldn't be complete without the new Audi R8 race-spec body. Best 1/8 onroad body I have had to date.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision
The optional shocks are great. I used them on my twin battery gt2. See pic below. Yes you can use the silver or blk springs with them.

Thanks....i picked them up!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vision
This thread wouldn't be complete without the new Audi R8 race-spec body. Best 1/8 onroad body I have had to date.

Superb steering body!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I prefer the TRW105 shocks for the fact that the machined shock bodies and the all of the hardware are higher quality. The shocks are more durable and more consistent than the stock ones, so I would suggest adding them to any car. They're not going to result in much faster lap times, but they will make the performance more consistent, which may improve your overall result.

Vex, even though it's more money, I STRONGLY suggest you upgrade to the IF21/IF106 ring and pinion gears for the front and rear diffs. They are worth it if you have extra power in the car, or if you drive it really hard. They're made from high-carbon steel and are legendary for their durability.

Another thing you may consider for your car is new bulkheads. The molded parts on the GT2 are made by Kyosho using the same material, machines and staff that make the MP9, so they're good, but being sure you have the latest bulkhead is a cheap and safe insurance policy for your optional gears. The IF112D bulkhead was developed for the STRR Evo, and it's STRONG. The bulkhead was the reason we saw damaged gears in the previous trucks, and the strength of the IF112D is specifically increased to prolong gear life.

The stock gear sizes of the IGW008 are 15/18 and 43/46. Let me know if you have problems finding the shims. I'll be sure to get 'er done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.