Search
Like Tree2Likes

Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V

The Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V looks like a good controller for the beginners and intermediate.

If it has the same feel as the MT4 at half the price...
Attached Thumbnails Sanwa / Airtronics MX-V-mx-v.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Anyone know anything bout this radio?? its not on the airtronics website
Old 07-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i saw one a few months back at RCX. It looks like the MT-4. But it does'nt feel like one. The plastic feels somewhat cheap ,or thin. I'm sure it's still a good quality radio. It' will be a great entry level controller for beginners or even children.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi, been running my flysky fs-gt3b radio for a while now and just saw this radio come on the market. Apparently they're now shipping. My question is do i need all those fancy features that the futaba 4pl has or would i be plenty equipped with the airtronics. I looked at all the adjustments the mx-v has and it seems to have all the same adjustability as my flysky (which has all the adjustments i need). I don't need all the fancy 4ws, or 40 model memory the 4pl or mt-4 have. Do you think i would be fine using this radio for racing at a club level and a few out of town club level events? I've been plenty competitive with my flysky and there hasn't been a moment when i felt like i need more features. Just seems like a waste to buy a radio twice the price with features i won't even use. What do ya think?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm in the exact same spot, Rockthe. I absolutely have to get rid of my FlySky and I'm thinking about springing for a 4pl. Then I saw this radio on amain and I can't find anyone who has one. Ever find anything out about it? Does anybody run one of these? Why do(n't) you like it? I'm not going to get a spektrum. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be going with the futaba 4pl as it has consistently great reviews and tons of features. The futaba can grow with your racing career as well. Just because you don't need them now, doesent mean you will never use them at some point.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This uses 4 batteries and would be light weight. For indoor track racing this could be the ticket.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Think I might have just bought one... Any furhter info?

Here in Germany anyway they cost about €82 new shipped - but a receiver costs €60.. I have the even more basic - and heavy and clunky - MX-Sport, but need receivers, so figured why not get a newer, lighter radio.. Would like to hear some reviews though..
Old 09-22-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Rookie

I think it's a great radio. I suppose I'll buy this radio. The telemetry system is unuseful and for rc electric is a best radio. It has what you need abs , EPA , Dual rate, sub-trim and trim, and so on!! The price is great! what are differences with MT4...? Telemtry and FHSS-3 but i think fHSS-2 is already quite (no differences)!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Saw one in the box in my hobbyshop the other day. Again, i can't stress enough, if you don't need the features now, you might wish you had them later on. For that reason i got the futaba 4pl. I think this would be a great beginner/ novice club level racer. I have heard all airtronics products are top notch. If you plan on racing for a long time i'd go for the 4pl.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hobby people has them for $129. Looks like a good radio for the money, but does feel low dollar compared to the high end radios. It should, its 1/3 the price or less.

I would definitely get this before the flysky or other cheap radios if that's the market your in.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Saw one in the box in my hobbyshop the other day. Again, i can't stress enough, if you don't need the features now, you might wish you had them later on. For that reason i got the futaba 4pl. I think this would be a great beginner/ novice club level racer. I have heard all airtronics products are top notch. If you plan on racing for a long time i'd go for the 4pl.
The MX-V isn't even in the same league/price range as the 4PL. It is closer to a 3PL or DX3C. Realistically, the 4PL should be compared to an MT-4 or DX3S.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Tech Champion

I bought a DX3S a while back, and tested it for one tank. It was just as awful as I'd read about it being all over the internet. Loss of signal after 50 meters, etc.. Feel of the plastic, etc.. was very poor. Returned it and got the MX Sport. Think I'm gonna'get the MXV and see how it goes.. Sanwa seems like a brand you can trust.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I bought a DX3S a while back, and tested it for one tank. It was just as awful as I'd read about it being all over the internet. Loss of signal after 50 meters, etc.. Feel of the plastic, etc.. was very poor. Returned it and got the MX Sport. Think I'm gonna'get the MXV and see how it goes.. Sanwa seems like a brand you can trust.
I agree the spektrum you got is terrible just like all their radios, but if you'be used something with that many features, it's going to be a huge step down going to an mx-v, not because it's a bad radio, but because it has a lot less features. Might look at the airtronics mx-3x, the mx-sport, or the futaba 4pl. The futaba 4pl would have about the same amount of features as the spektrum but a much better radio that you could use for a long time.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

I have the MX Sport now..

As for features, what more do I need other than gas/brakes, steering, model selection, and maybe EPA? JK... But seriously, the MX Sport has more features?...

ps Was out with my MX Sport today, and TWICE I managed to cut the power out unintentionally..

pps Didn't win the auction I thought I would, so not fully committed yet.. Still, think I'd rather have it for €90 (and only have to charge four AA's instead of eight..) than pay €60 for just a receiver...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.