Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which brushless motor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Which brushless motor?

Need suggestion on which 17.5t and 13.5t motor to go with. So far I've narrowed it down to LRP X12 or Thunder Power Z3R-S. Is there any particular advantages between the two (is the LRP worth the extra cost)? When is the x20 for 17.5t or 13.5t coming out.., or is it already available?

Other motor suggestions are welcome, but these two are readily available @ my lhs. If it matters at all, I'll be using it with a Tekin RS Pro on a TC6.1. Thanks for any help.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
Need suggestion on which 17.5t and 13.5t motor to go with. So far I've narrowed it down to LRP X12 or Thunder Power Z3R-S. Is there any particular advantages between the two (is the LRP worth the extra cost)? When is the x20 for 17.5t or 13.5t coming out.., or is it already available?

Other motor suggestions are welcome, but these two are readily available @ my lhs. If it matters at all, I'll be using it with a Tekin RS Pro on a TC6.1. Thanks for any help.
they are both very good motors and you cant go wrong with iether but if it means anything the lrp is locked timing on the stock spec motors and on the thunder power's its adjustable but they both will work great
Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcduder
they are both very good motors and you cant go wrong with iether but if it means anything the lrp is locked timing on the stock spec motors and on the thunder power's its adjustable but they both will work great
The LRP x12 stock spec does not have locked timing.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by halldor
The LRP x12 stock spec does not have locked timing.
it is locked without the timing inserts
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

So I'm guessing the X12 timing can be adjusted so long as you use these timing inserts.., correct? Do these inserts come with the motor or will I have to buy them separately? Is there a particular motor that will run better with the Tekin RS Pro? Thanks for answering sOme of my questions, trying to get started into club racing.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by MySlowZ
So I'm guessing the X12 timing can be adjusted so long as you use these timing inserts.., correct? Do these inserts come with the motor or will I have to buy them separately? Is there a particular motor that will run better with the Tekin RS Pro? Thanks for answering sOme of my questions, trying to get started into club racing.
The inserts come with the motor (X-12). Just about any 17.5 motor runs well with any ESC. Common motors at big races in the US include: ReVtech, Trinity/Epic D3, Novak Ballistic, Reedy Sonic, LRP X-12, ThunderPower Z3-R, SpeedPassion V3, etc. and several older motors like the Trinity Duo1/Duo2.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems for 17.5t it really doesn't matter which current motor I go with, more like a matter of brand preference. Does this apply with 13.5t motors aswell? Ill probably end up grabbing thunder power for 17.5t and maybe the x12 for 13.5t. Or should I wait for the X20 13.5t to come out?