Wiki Posts
Search

2012 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys'

If someone who is an iic regular is willing to answer questions on a semi regular basis about this race, I would love to have an information sponsor.

This will be my first iic and my first international race.
I want to make the most of this week and do the best that I can.

Text me.
1-204-781-5950

Thanks.
Dave.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Pretty sure I went through the whole thread. Did anyone see the final F1 rules posted anywhere??
Old 08-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Pretty sure I went through the whole thread. Did anyone see the final F1 rules posted anywhere??
Not yet. I could tell you what I've heard, but until the rules are published, it's only speculation, and I don't want to risk giving bad info.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

Lots to talk about that is for sure. Entries are looking really good and we are shaping up for another great IIC.

Tires: Jaco tires will again be the official tire for the IIC. I spoke to Jack the other day and inventory is great and most distributors have them in stock for everyone to get some and get dialed in for the IIC. Jaco will also be the tire for the WGT class. Those tires are also available and in stock.

F-1: This class has been growing so fast around the world it has made for some difficulty in setting the rules. Tires are the main problem right now. Unfortunately there is no set standard in F-1 for rims and tires. There is not one manufacturer that makes them to fit all chassis on the market. I am still working on a solution to this and will have a final answer on tires for F-1 class within about a week. I will post as soon as I have my decision.

As for allowed chassis: The majority of F-1 Chassis on the market today will be allowed. As I had said earlier we have watched this class explode in popularity and chassis options and designs keep getting pushed to the limit of what is standard and fits in the current box and to what is outside the box. We saw last year that Multi-Link front ends is the way the class is going. It was unique last year but is quickly becoming the standard and from what it looks like will be the future also. These chassis and conversions will be allowed. Top Racing has the new Rebel F-1 car that is on the market. Much of this is similar to other F-1 cars on the market. In its kit form it comes with their Rebel front end design which is a pan car style front end. But gives you the option to mount a Tamiya F-104 front end on it. This chassis will be allowed only with a F104 front end on it.

Pan car style chassis and front ends will not be allowed in F-1.

Front independent king pin, coil spring suspension is allowed. Suspension pick up points must be mounted inside the body.

The main chassis plate must not protrude from the body when viewed from above.

Motor for F-1 is 21.5 Brushless.

Max width for F-1 will be 185mm

Speed Control for IIC: This is obviously a very important issue to many participants so I wanted to post the current list of allowed ESC for he IIC. This list is subject to be updated with until Sep 1 2012. There are some much older ESC that don't have boost options that are also allowed but we have left off the list. If you have a question, please email me at [email protected] Please email and don't PM.

END TIME ON MAIN DAY: It is not possible to give you an exact time of when the IIC will finish on Saturday. Past years it has been around 530-6pm. We will not know until we are there and we know how many racers we have and heats.

I am sure I have missed some questions that you guys were asking about. I will try to catch them all as I reread the thread.

As always if you have a question that you need immediate answers to, please EMAIL ME DON'T PM ME AT [email protected]

Thanks very much,
Scotty
[email protected]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2012 iic_speed_control.pdf (35.0 KB, 1054 views)

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 08-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Just reading through some pages to see what questions I missed.

Tires: You get 1 set included with your entry fee and you will be able to purchase additional sets. Maximum of 3 sets will be allowed to be teched for qualifying and racing.

Motors: Motors will be checked post race, We will not mark or seal the motors.

I will update as I find more questions that I missed.

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Top Racing has the new Rebel F-1 car that is on the market. Much of this is similar to other F-1 cars on the market. In its kit form it comes with their Rebel front end design which is a pan car style front end. But gives you the option to mount a Tamiya F-103 front end on it. This chassis will be allowed only with a F103 front end on it.

Max width for F-1 will be 185mm
F103 front end will be wider than that...it will need the F104 front end to be within 185mm width.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Inspector: I will check on that, but from the info I was given it would fit within our parameters. But i will check on that.

Thanks for the info.

Scotty
[email protected]
Old 08-13-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

HI Everyone,

Great to see everyone is getting pumped up for another great week in Vegas! It is again going to be a blast!

Classes that are set are as follows"

All Stock/ Super Stock classes will be No Boost/No Timing "Blinky" Classes. I feel it is time to make this happen at the IIC.

Amateur: 17.5 Handout motor
Stock: 17.5
Super Stock: 13.5
Modified
1/12th Stock: 17.5
1/12th Super Stock 13.5
1/12th Modified
World GT:13.5
Xpert WGT: 10.5
Formula 1: 21.5 Specific Chassis rules to follow

I am currently working on an additional Sedan class that I will give more info regarding at a later date.

Entries will go live online on July 9th at 8pm Eastern Time.

Interest for the IIC has really been strong from around the world. We will have a very strong turnout of international racers from all areas of the world and of all abilities from Pro's to Joe's!

RHYME: Glad you are getting excited for the event. It is going to be a blast. Since the start of the IIC. Jaco has been the title sponsor and continues to be. Jaco Blues have been the tire we have used and will continue to be. they have always worked great and we look forward to another great year with Jaco as our sponsor.

AOD: Come on! You got to come to Vegas. RC racing. Free food Free Beer and racing with the best in the world.... Plus...... YOUR IN VEGAS! Cant get better than that! I hope you can join us!

BIGWHITE: Great that AZ will be representing. Just dont forget to bring your BEATS!

INSP: Great that our Hawaii crew will be joining us again, I know you had a great time and I hope more can join us this year.

BILLBOATS: You got it right! All day racing. Never seeing the sunlight and hanging in Vegas! IIC Baby!

HAYWOOD: Yes it will again be handout Motor for Amateur.

I just received my latest report from the hotel and it looks like everyone is thinking to October already as we have our largest booking ever at the Riviera this far in advance, so it is great to see people not waiting to book their rooms, but getting it in early.

So that is the latest and greatest. Registration time will be here in no time and I hope everyone can make plans to join us for another fun filled week in Vegas.

As always if you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an email and I will be happy to answer them.

Thanks
Scotty
[email protected]
Hey Scotty....

It's been a long time, hope you are well

As luck would have it, I'll be in LA a week earlier so I could probably extend the trip to cater for a bit of wheel time .

Any change I could get some clarity on the tires? Are they Rubber or foam? and can you enter multiple TC classes?

Cheers,
Jordan
Old 08-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JordanC
Hey Scotty....

It's been a long time, hope you are well

As luck would have it, I'll be in LA a week earlier so I could probably extend the trip to cater for a bit of wheel time .

Any change I could get some clarity on the tires? Are they Rubber or foam? and can you enter multiple TC classes?

Cheers,
Jordan
Im not Scotty but can answer your questions
Tires are rubber, jaco (blue compound) and yes you can enter multiple tc classes
Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Champion

Inspector: I will check on that, but from the info I was given it would fit within our parameters. But i will check on that.

Thanks for the info.

Scotty
[email protected]
Yeah...F103 is 200mm wide

Last edited by InspGadgt; 08-14-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello everyone,

Lots to talk about that is for sure. Entries are looking really good and we are shaping up for another great IIC.

Tires: Jaco tires will again be the official tire for the IIC. I spoke to Jack the other day and inventory is great and most distributors have them in stock for everyone to get some and get dialed in for the IIC. Jaco will also be the tire for the WGT class. Those tires are also available and in stock.

Speed Control for IIC: This is obviously a very important issue to many participants so I wanted to post the current list of allowed ESC for he IIC. This list is subject to be updated with until Sep 1 2012. There are some much older ESC that don't have boost options that are also allowed but we have left off the list. If you have a question, please email me at [email protected] Please email and don't PM.

END TIME ON MAIN DAY: It is not possible to give you an exact time of when the IIC will finish on Saturday. Past years it has been around 530-6pm. We will not know until we are there and we know how many racers we have and heats.
I have some questions on the details.
Exactly what tires for each class are going to be used. ie what color of Jaco tires? I looked on the IIC web site and could not find tire specifics listed.
Will we get tires when we check in or are we expected to bring our own?
If we get tires, how many sets will we be supplied with? Will there be any options to buy tires while in vegas?
Will there be a tire truer available that we can use for the foam tires?

Where is the list of the esc's? I have a Hobbywing 1S in my WGT 13.5 and a Novak Edge in my amateur touring car. I am coming with a buddy and he has differant esc's in his cars. We would not enjoy it if we showed up and were unable to race because we had esc that was not legal to run.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
I have some questions on the details.
Exactly what tires for each class are going to be used. ie what color of Jaco tires? I looked on the IIC web site and could not find tire specifics listed.
Will we get tires when we check in or are we expected to bring our own?
If we get tires, how many sets will we be supplied with? Will there be any options to buy tires while in vegas?
Will there be a tire truer available that we can use for the foam tires?

Where is the list of the esc's? I have a Hobbywing 1S in my WGT 13.5 and a Novak Edge in my amateur touring car. I am coming with a buddy and he has differant esc's in his cars. We would not enjoy it if we showed up and were unable to race because we had esc that was not legal to run.
JACO only has the "blue" rubber tire now, foam for WGT is also a "lilac" spcec tire.

The list was attached to his post.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are D3.5 motor legal?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
Are D3.5 motor legal?
Why would they not be? They are 100% ROAR legal and was confirmed by the ROAR president on another thread.

EA
Old 08-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Eric will there be d3.5's 17.5 for sale at the race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.