RC Crew Chief Software

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Will you be adding the awesomatix a800
Thank you
RoketRdr is correct. The only way I can add models is if I can get my hands on one. If the suspension geometry of the A800 is the same as the A700 then you could start with that model. The Awesomatix is a different beast with the leaf springs and rotary dampers so the RC3 model takes some extra work. You can download the A700 model and give it a try.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RoketRdr
IMO I recommend changing how it saves because I was under the impression that saving a change reflected in the other tabs on the current setup. .
I spent some time playing around this weekend testing the new version. While doing this your suggestion kept coming into my head. Now that there will be 3 pages affected by setup changes it will be even more difficult to keep things straight. Soooooo the new version now applies setup updates to all pages.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
I spent some time playing around this weekend testing the new version. While doing this your suggestion kept coming into my head. Now that there will be 3 pages affected by setup changes it will be even more difficult to keep things straight. Soooooo the new version now applies setup updates to all pages.
Thank you sir!!
Old 07-09-2016, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

It's taken a long time coming and took a staggering amount of effort but the just released RC3 Version 4.2 now has damping simulation included. Now you can see how oil viscosity, piston holes, temperature, shock position.... affects chassis response. This is one of the most misunderstood and difficult to comprehend subjects in setup. Now there is something that can turn on that light.

Big thanks to icecyc1 for sharing his Shock Dyno test data with me. Real confidence booster to know the model agrees with real world testing.

Check out the youtube video for a brief intro.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Awesome, Bob!
I have 4.1. How do I get 4.2?

Scott
Old 07-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Awesome to see this such great updates! Thanks for the hard work.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Awesome, Bob!
I have 4.1. How do I get 4.2?

Scott
Make sure you are connected to the internet then open the program, let everything load, close it and then open it again. Then it will download the update.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am running Windows 10 and Avast. I downloaded the demo today and both Windows and Avast didn't like some of the files. Is this an issue or is it just me?
Old 07-29-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's not just you, but it is safe.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by raffaelli
I am running Windows 10 and Avast. I downloaded the demo today and both Windows and Avast didn't like some of the files. Is this an issue or is it just me?
Can you provide more details? I know the first time you run the program in Win 10 you will get a popup saying windows has prevented this program from running. You just need to click "more info" link and then Run Anyway and it will run. If Avast prevented the program from installing then you may have to temporarily disable it.

Not sure why this happens as I pay good money for a Code Signing Certificate that ensures the Software is safe.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:16 PM
Tech Addict

Another update has been released with a few bug fixes and some small improvements. Doesn't seem to matter how much testing that's done there are always a few bugs that sneak through.

All 92 models on the website have also been updated to include generic steering and shock/damper models as a minimum. This should make it easier to explore the new features.

Also uploaded a couple new buggy models, JQ White Edition LV and Intech ER-14. Thanks to Markus and Swith Racing for contributing. Lastly three new 13.5T Brushless motor models have been added, Trinity 24K, Fantom FR-1 T and Fantom FR-1 M.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for a great app!

That said, I've got some issues:
-Worst is I typed 21.5mm ride height and apparently the model is corrupted;
-I keep forgetting to click save between page changes;
-A bit unnatural (can't remember the correct word to describe it) to navigate when loading models, I would prefer to have them under file->load model or such and have the dialogue box automatically close after loading a model.

Other than these minor things I don't have any complaints, good job!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BobW
Can you provide more details? I know the first time you run the program in Win 10 you will get a popup saying windows has prevented this program from running. You just need to click "more info" link and then Run Anyway and it will run. If Avast prevented the program from installing then you may have to temporarily disable it.

Not sure why this happens as I pay good money for a Code Signing Certificate that ensures the Software is safe.

I uninstalled it then installed it again tonight. The Window problem was due to an 'Unknown Publisher'. I ignored and installed. Avast didn't have any reaction to it tonight.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Is anyone having trouble with the md2 dyno link software since switching to windows 10. Since upgrading I am having difficulty getting the md2 software to work. I am able to establish a connection but as soon as I start a dyno run it errors out. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-03-2016, 12:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

md2 dyno doesn't like Windows 10 at all, I still use an old Windows 7 machine just for the MD2 dyno and my Eagletree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.