Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What Have I Missed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I too have been out of it for a while. Even longer than the OP. I stopped racing somehere around 04-05. It was still brushed and NimHs for me. And WOW, the prices have sure jumped on these cars. Really? 500 for a Chassis kit? Okay, ya gotta pay to play right? When I stopped Hot Bodies was still a fledgling company that made okay stuff. So, the HotBodies TCX is a worthy competitor? I was thinking of getting the TC6.1. My local track is run by Hobbytown USA, what car do you think I am more likely to find a selection of spare parts? I am thinking probably only the TC6.1?

Originally Posted by Nilks
Tamiya has their 417X now
Xray has the T3 '12
Hot Bodies has the TCX, with the TCXX coming (I think)
Team Associated with the T6.1
TOP with the Photon EX just recently released

One of the most interesting cars right now, is probably the Awesomatix A700, but that isn't belt drive.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockin G
I too have been out of it for a while. Even longer than the OP. I stopped racing somehere around 04-05. It was still brushed and NimHs for me. And WOW, the prices have sure jumped on these cars. Really? 500 for a Chassis kit? Okay, ya gotta pay to play right? When I stopped Hot Bodies was still a fledgling company that made okay stuff. So, the HotBodies TCX is a worthy competitor? I was thinking of getting the TC6.1. My local track is run by Hobbytown USA, what car do you think I am more likely to find a selection of spare parts? I am thinking probably only the TC6.1?
I almost guarantee they will have more associated parts than HB.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And IF I got the TC6 or 6.1, it would be my first ever AE car. I have always driven either Losi or HPI in the past. I drove mostly HPI onroad because I used to like the HPI Challenge races. They were alot of fun back in the day.

Speaking of the TC6 and 6.1 Is there enough difference to justify the 6.1 over the 6?
Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The TCX is circa 2010 so it's outdated. Yea, AE will have a lot more parts available. I would also like to know the big differences between the 6 and 6.1