Wiki Posts
Search

Old batts help again!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Old batts help again!

People! I have some questions! I have like 12 pack of an old used 3000Sanyo and panasonic pack! It's old and I bought it used! I just bought a Turbo35BL and some how those cell # is really low why is it?

Also..I hert that I can do a dead shorting batts and it will help on the performance? but...What is dead shorting? can you explain to me how to do it? I hert that I need a discharge tray??
Old 06-22-2002, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Cells deteriorate over time, especially the original sanyo and panasonic 3000's - that's why the numbers are bad.

Don't dead-short your cells.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

zapping them wont help either
Old 06-22-2002, 12:09 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

Yep, the old panasonic and sanyo 3000's really suck now. I have some old sanyo 3000 originals that peak around 8.5-8.75 volts and only have around 6 mins of run time on my stock motors. They might just be good for practice packs now, that's what I use mine for.
Old 06-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i have old sanyo and panasonic 3000s that deteriorated in less than a year. i tried everything (except deadshort) to revive them when the numbers dropped but in the end, i just converted them to 7-cell packs for backyard bashing. the extra cell does increase power a bit but runtime is still shorter compared to the new ones. right now, i am using panasonic SMH packs for about 7+ months and their numbers are still close to when they were new. i even got 2nd hand packs that i can still use for racing.