Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 On Road Tweak Station?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Questions?? 1/8 On Road Tweak Station?

Is there a 1/8 on road tweak station that uses the same style as the one in this picture? I have this exact one for 1/10, but I would like to find one that I can use with my 1/8 Capricorn. I have the one that came with the Ultimate hudy setup station but I do not like the way i have to use it with the setup gauges on the car. Any information would be greatly appreciated even if this style tweak station is made by another company.

Thank you...
Attached Thumbnails 1/8 On Road Tweak Station?-hudy-tweak.jpg  
Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Lord

I have an old Topcad tweak station which does fit an 1/8 car. The neat thing of this one is that it is working with a laser.

With some machinery you can make one by your self, I know some people who did. The most simple way is to drill an hole into the small side of your setup board and fit a pin into it. Get a piece of aluminium hollow square profile you can get in any hardware sore, drill an hole in it and push it over the pin. Your setup board has now a tweakstation.....
Old 01-28-2012, 07:03 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the unity 'tweakboard' system is nicely made. not cheap but does include camber and toe gauges, and 3 center bars for 1/12 1/10 and 1/8

http://www.unitytool.com/tweakboard/
Old 01-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Ultimate is the way to go, the most accurate you can get for a few reasons

The tweak board that you showed needs to be on a "very" level surface. The Ultimate does not, it can be used anywhere.

Your tweak board needs to have setup wheels to insure that both sides are equal, cut foams are not the same size so getting it right is near impossible. The Ultimate has the CNC camber gauges, can't get any better than that.

Get out of the 80's "bubble float"

Use the Ultimate ... Welcome to the Twenty first century