Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Quantum2 or Novak GTX or KO VFS1 or Keyence Rapida Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I currently run a Q2 in my TC4 and I like it, I have not had any problems with it.

I currently run a Novak GTX in my B4 and I like it as well, have not had problems with that one either.

Now to compare the two, the one thing I like the Q2 over the GTX is the power capacitor, it is big and a pain to mount especially in a TC4.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I am a big fan of the Keyence speed controls. I have owned both the Zero V Extreme and the Rapida Pro. They are not bad to set up as long as you read the directions and they give lots of options. The few problems I have had (from unfortunate accidents) have been fixed flawlessly by Schumacher USA.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

hi for those who have a QC2, have u had any problems with the settings in regards to the Punch (setting 1)/initial brake (setting 2)/drag brake (setting 3) etc?

when i hold down mode for 3 seconds it goes into the punch setting mode, then i want to adjust the initial brake or drag brake by pressing the mode button again, and it just sits there acting dumb and does nothing!

also, when i set drag brake to 5 does this then also sets the initial brake to 5 also?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Regular

qwerty, no it should not set the initial brake to 5 evan if u have drag brakes on 5. i find them easy to set up just hold 3 sec on the mode button then set the number of flashes with the set button, then press mode and it will go to the initial brake setin set that and then it will go to drag brake and u should be able to set that different to the initial brake .

i run a qc2 and a nosrma dominator evo. both are very good. but i shorted the nosram out i jsut sent it back to the distrubters and they sent me a brand new one back in a week for free.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:28 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I have 2 Quantums. One I bought used and they're both awesome. Wait till the Q3 is out.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yea i wana see the QC3 as well but i think ill pick one up used after a lil while. $200 is a bit much for me right now.

i have a Hara Twiser 2.1 great speedo no problems and i like the hara instealled program. works great for TC right outa the box.

i have a Q2 on its way for my 12th scale. never had a LRP speedo will be fun to see how it does. anyoen had a word of advise on settings for a Q@ for 12th?

for novak, i dont have a gtx but i have had just aboute very cyclone made as well as teh tempest. i have had them blow, but my mistake i believe. but novak customer service is great. just check it you want a new or refurbed one and you will get what you want within 2 weeks.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Only thing I didn't like about my futaba mc800, qc 1, qc 2 is that the casing in some cases opens up when you apply too much pressure when removing after placement. Only thing I don't like about my GTX is the setup button which is awkward to handle. I had an old school Keyence a01 higher end and I still liked that over all of my current ones. Just that the solder tabs were really hard to deal with.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've had all of these at one point or another,and am going back to Tekin.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

At some point or another it's all about personal preference. I've had just about everything also and Keyence was the first, then slowly migrated to the KO Pro-Comp (which I have in my TC now). But I've always like the adjustability and on-board programming functions of the Keyence line so I put the Rapida Pro in my 12th-scale and I'm not turning back again It's really a toss up for me though between KO and Keyence but I lean towards the Rapida Pro. I just FEEL the VFS-1 Pro is a tad too time consuming to program; So if anyone's looking for a complete VFS1 Pro-Comp set-up, give me a holla...
Old 12-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The only caveat with the QC2 that some will agree with, is the questionable BEC current.. I need a capacitor for the receiver power, or else it jumps if I twitch the steering too fast, and it's just a Hitec 545, not a KO which are notorious for their current draw..

Every other LRP (Runner, F1 Pro), Futaba (MC330) and Keyence (Rapida Pro) supplies power without failing, and my PT light never flickers. Even with the cap, my PT light will still flicker on the QC2, as well as the receiver. Thankfully I don't lose laps from it, but it's an indication of something that my Keyence never had a problem with (6V@3A - I still don't know what the QC2 does.. )

Some have no problems, I do, and good luck if you have a KO servo and Spektrum..

Needless to say, the Keyence rocks.. I still have my QC2 for my Mini, you can't beat the size, but for anything else (Fine tuning any detail right at trackside) the Rapida is solid.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
The only caveat with the QC2 that some will agree with, is the questionable BEC current.. I need a capacitor for the receiver power, or else it jumps if I twitch the steering too fast, and it's just a Hitec 545, not a KO which are notorious for their current draw..

Every other LRP (Runner, F1 Pro), Futaba (MC330) and Keyence (Rapida Pro) supplies power without failing, and my PT light never flickers. Even with the cap, my PT light will still flicker on the QC2, as well as the receiver. Thankfully I don't lose laps from it, but it's an indication of something that my Keyence never had a problem with (6V@3A - I still don't know what the QC2 does.. )

Some have no problems, I do, and good luck if you have a KO servo and Spektrum..

Needless to say, the Keyence rocks.. I still have my QC2 for my Mini, you can't beat the size, but for anything else (Fine tuning any detail right at trackside) the Rapida is solid.
Spot on ...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've ran the keyence and it really is a good ESC but it is a little to quirky for me, sometimes it's hard to make changes quickly,the Tekins have really strong BEC and changes are made VERY quickly without worrying about "Did it take".
Old 12-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have run the GT7 and GTX both were great but I recently switched all of mine to the KO it's super smooth and you can adjust it infinitly!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Red face capasitor

i have a QC2 do i need to fit a capasitor on im new to this also i heard you dont have to fit one i just dont want to bugger it up im running a 19 t epic and its arking please help
Old 12-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GTX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.